Horse Drawn Journey

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by kikker_vanger, Aug 31, 2010.

1. kikker_vanger

kikker_vanger ?

Hi guys im pretty lazy on the starting threads part but i felt the need to share this because im getting alittle bit excited. Over a year ago i bought a 1960's milk wagon it was in dire need of repair and my Dad and i have spent the last ages doing so and in about two weeks it will be near enough to complete! SO the plan is to get the wagon all ready, get my horse fit and take off slowly around to where ever i like. Yeah so its been a long drawn out process the wagon was worse than we had relised at first nearly every thign had to be replaced anyway photos. The first is when i first got it, second is right now, and finally my horse 7s. Yeah im abit stoked. Oh yeah the wagon is called Further after Ken Kesey's bus :)

2. kikker_vanger

kikker_vanger ?

Another photo of 7s just cause i love her.

3. GangGang

GangGang Member

Lol thats awesome, where you going first? I know, NOT TO THE GAS STATION :D Love your devotion man haha

1 person likes this.
  4. PonyGrl420

PonyGrl420 Member

Thats awesome, have a great time!
    7s looks really sweet! I miss being around horses :(

5. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Hmmm. I used to be a wagon master years years back at a tourist gig. Iloved the horses and hated the tourists (ever wanna help mother nature by feeding the tourists to the mountain lions? I have!)

6. kikker_vanger

kikker_vanger ?

Haha thanks guys. Im think im going to head further South I think i know my way around better that way. Yeah not needing petrol was a key factor in deciding against a car haha. I used to work at a horsey tourist place, we dont have mountain lions but i would have been more than happy to leave them in the bush to fend for themselves! haha im not a people person! Yeah thanks for the support ill have more photos soon hopefully awesome finished wagon ones! :)

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

7s is a beautiful horse and 7s has a beautiful owner

8. GangGang

GangGang Member

Haha me either! Thats why I like forums so much :D Better people than real life most of the time..

But yeah hope you have fun that pretty cool!

9. kikker_vanger

kikker_vanger ?

7s is a beautiful mare but she is crazy as a cut snake in a good way :)

Im not even super social on the forum front haha I just liking meeting cats that i otherwise would get to i guess. And yeah thanks for being interested haha every one round here is sick of hearing about it! I just cant wait to finish so i can starting the training process, 7s is in desperate need of harness work!

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

thats awesome. i visited a farm last weekend that had a bunch of antique horse-drawn carriages, and it really got me thinking that I would freakin love that to be my main mode of transportation. Have fun on your journey, you're livin' the dream!

11. TwoDogs

TwoDogs This space for rent. Lifetime Supporter

Too cool. Have a great time.

12. sandshoe

sandshoe Member

Thats realy cool! Love it.

13. kikker_vanger

kikker_vanger ?

Thanks guys. We didnt end up getting the roof up. Gosh Darn weather haha. But its coming along nicely, next sign of any progress i swear i will update you all :)

14. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

That appears to have been a huge undertaking. From what you started with and are not almost ending with. I am sure you can hardly wait to get out and just be able to have a ride in it.

Your horse is stunning. :)

Thank you for sharing your story and pics as I really enjoyed seeing them. :)

15. kikker_vanger

kikker_vanger ?

Thanks Heat its nice to know when people like reading my excited ramblings :) We kinda got a roof on it! Here is a photo its pretty much just a frame but still a mighty improvement! The thing covering the bottom is just a tarp cause it no longer fits in the shed haha its very tall :)

16. BlueSkyInside

BlueSkyInside Member

what a great adventure that will be - see the country side at a little slower pace

17. kenwilkes

kenwilkes Member

beautiful animal

18. Laci

Laci Members

This sounds so neat!
    My question would be, where will you guys stop to rest? Local stables, boarding facilities, friend's houses, campsites?
    And where will you drive? Side of the road?

I wish I could do this with my mare, but she's 26 and not the best travel companion- definitely a "my way or the highway" type. Can't wait to see your journey unfold!

19. briezie13

briezie13 Members

I wish I could see your pix of your girl. Its very exciting to hear you will undertake a journey such as this. Im wondering how many miles youre going to go etc..
    Also, please, get her fit now. It takes about 6 to 8 weeks to get one fit for a long trip. I did one in 79 of 700 miles. If you would like to talk about it or have some questions, please just ask. I know you are in for a great adventure!

20. briezie13

briezie13 Members

Is 7s broke to drive?

Ooh..oh..i just saw the date on the original post.. Did you go?