Languages/Linguistics

Discussion in 'Class Suggestions' started by mccomb24, Aug 31, 2010.

1. mccomb24

mccomb24 Member

Hello. I am sure there are those whom would follow my idea, one extent or another. I am here, to propose the idea of a section specifically for the teachings of foreign languages, or English.

I believe this idea can be brought to paper, and then to work. We live in a time where people honestly care of money, and their own status as opposed to actual teachings of language communication. Websites are flooded with "Trial now" or "Just purchase and receive X gift" upon a student searching for their language of choice. Therefore, my stance on a section of the free classes would benefit.

Giving that a few of us out in the realm of ethernet, DSL and high speed, know a thing or two..or a bit in relation to a non English language. Thus, taken from one member to another (Or you can consider hippie to hippie, no disrespect) that their word can help the student's desire of knowledge. So, the student will then know from a formal thread to a minor of a native countryman who wants to share some idioms to help fathom across.

Spanish, Italian, French, Russian, etc. I am very sure this forum will have attracted many students in progress of the development. I understand, that I am but a mere "guest" as my status. Though, knowledge I have, leans to open up many positive ideas for the better being; hence this proposition. I would love to see a response from anyone, about their ideas on what such would go about or be. Thank you.

2. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

I'd be interested in getting involved with this. I'm currently double-majoring in French and Spanish, with a minor in World Languages. I'm planning to go on to grad school for Linguistics.

My French is okay, my Spanish less so, and my German... kind of shitty. But what I've got I offer. Anyone wanna learn French?

The trick would be that if you can't find someone better than you to practice with, all you'll get is a written competency. Pronunciation and conversational skills kind of need a face-to-face study. Skype, maybe?

3. Paisley Skye

Paisley Skye Member

i would really like to see a linguistics class from the perspective of the origin of languages. paisley.