New Oxycontin - OP/80

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by UrbanRadio, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Gravity

Gravity #winning

wow @ this thread showing up in the top links when searching for oxy op. Dunno if that's a good look or not.

2. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

meh...i think all the oxyheads will survive.

3. funTIMESatOChigh

funTIMESatOChigh Guest

this really sucks, but i know a place that has the real ones 80s and said they will not run out because the fda has not approved them yet. they have a law suit open and are getting the real pills from the factory.

4. jessicaj13

jessicaj13 Guest

Having trouble finding 80mg OC's in Northern Cali, does anyone know details? Is every pharmacy in Cali switching over? If so... when by? And i know you can't peel the coating of the new OP's, therefore you can't snort or chew them, but can you smoke them in anyway? I heard they taste horrible!?! Is there anyway around this? Or is the only option to swallow them? Please let me know if you have any information on this. Thank you.

5. Gravity

Gravity #winning

I had a friend that actually called Purdue (The company that manufactures the OC's & OPs) and asked what happens for the people that are allergic to the additive they now make the medication with.

According to the person she spoke with, they're going to continue to manufacture the old formula for that exact reason and that you could still get the OC formula (if you were actually allergic).

IMO, once Purdue starts losing millions of $$$$ they'll pull this OP shit, and put the original back on the shelves. Like they did with the xanax/kolonipin ordeal when it first came out.

6. Gravity

Gravity #winning

The pharmacy's will "switch" over when they run out of the original OCs.. it's not just a state thing.. it's coming from the manufacture, Purdue Pharmacy.

As for smoking the things.. I dunno.

7. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

8. PerdueSucks1004

PerdueSucks1004 Guest

So I've read and heard about the new 80s and the the way you get them to not gum up is...
    you put the pill in the microwave (coating and all)
    when it starts to swell take it out and it will peel EASY... then it will be ready to either crush or cook.
    I hope I've helped but if ya'll want the real OCs just know that Perdue is the company putting out the new ones. Walgreens doesnt deal with Perdue so if you want the real ones then go to walgreens and get em there. Good Luck I hope I've helped!

:p

9. PerdueSucks1004

PerdueSucks1004 Guest

They are still avalible at walgreens and they ALWAYS wuill be I have a friend that is a pharmacist, who has the inside scoop and says that eventhough everyone else is switching that they wont because of the money that they will lose!!!

10. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Purdue makes the original OC and the OP. To say that Walgreens doesn't deal with Perdue, yet they hand out scripts of OC is contradictory.

11. Down-In-A-Spoon

Down-In-A-Spoon Member

I was thinkin the same. There aren't any generic OC's anymore, and Perdue is switchin to OP. If walgreens doesn't deal with Perdue then how do they get OC?

12. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

but they DO have generic oxycodones dont they? or are all oxycodones with apap? sorry if this sounds stupid but ive never really considered it. i just buy stuff based on the content of the opiate. never took apap count into consideration.

13. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

Feelings 0f U4ia is Back! Banned

See my thread on how to get the original OC's still, for cheaper.

They DO make (What they are calling) generic Oxycontin again. From what I have gathered...Purdue is still making them, and allowing Ethex to distrubute them through Walgreens as generics. This is the way they are going to continue to make money once 90% of Oxycontin patients switch to something different.

Don't believe me then take a script of OC's to Walgreens. Make SURE you ask for generics. They will be hundreds of dollars cheaper, and they will be the same exact pill that was Brand Name, with OC on one side, and 80/40 whatever on the other side. They do NOT gel up, and they work the exact same as the original brand name Oxycontin.

14. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Are you speaking from experience or just hear say?

I just called Wallgreens and 5 Wallgreens told me they are back ordered and they don't know how long the wait would be. So it appears, the people that are getting the Ethex generics, they have them in stock from months ago.

15. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

Feelings 0f U4ia is Back! Banned

I am speaking from experience. I just filled #120 Oxycontin Generic Ethex Brand....and it put me back $1040, and the brand name usually costs me $1600+.

The difference is that you are calling and not going in with a prescription. They are very reluctant to tell anyone about anything to do with narcotics unless you show up with a paper prescription in hand with your name on it.

Just trust me and try it.

And just to let you know...the prescription was dropped off 2 days before they got the shipment, proving that the NEW shipment of Generic Oxycontin, is in fact, in circulation.

16. Shado831

Shado831 Member

but i dont get my script til the 6th so i told my friend to try it.. Instead of giving them Generics They Gave Them The Real OC 40s. All she had to do is talk to her doctor( i think she had medical reasons cuz she usually gets liquid morphine and oxycodone as well as patches..)
    She said shes gonna get 90 40s (the real ones that we all love). So i guess you can still get them if you just talk to your doctor and have a valid medical reason(wink wink).
    Im gonna go try and see if they are the real deal hollyfield will post back later today.. Is this doesnt work im going to become a canadian citizen

Im In california

17. Bluez_Snooze

Bluez_Snooze Member

the generics ARE the original OC's. they're just being produced by Ethex.
    u4ia explains everything in his thread.

18. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

I always had my doc sign the "dispense as written" part of the contin rx and didn't ask to change it so I got the OP 10's today. I'm pretty high on them right now but they genuinely give me nausea that the original guys did not. Also the itchies were horrible. Normally I kinda like the itchies with oc but these are like bugs are biting me, very irritating. These op's bug my skin out in general but the oc's did not. I could list a shit ton more side effects like muscle pain, rebound headache, extra-drowsiness, etc. Bottom line they gotta go. My wife who's never snorted took a 5 mg piece like she does sometimes and attested they were more drowsy and itchy.

I see my doc in 9 days. I don't plan on going in there and listing all my symptoms cause it might come across like I just want to snort the shit and give me the generics instead dood. I'm just sticking with nausea, unbearable itchiness since those overlap with my wife's reaction, and that they are weaker and don't relieve the pain as well, since it's verifiable that these OP's release oxycodone more slowly but last longer, as they changed the formulation from 8 hour ER to 12 hour ER.

Do you guys think he'll just say well why don't we just go back to what you were taking before and I won't sign the DAW and you'll get the OC generic? I've been with this doc since fall of 07, he's been giving me Oc's since Jan 08. He doesn't seem to take me as a drug seeker. I went in there last time and said hey my sister gave me a klonopin and it did wonders for my testicular pain, and he wrote a scrip for it without batting an eyelid.

So yeah dyou think he'll do that, just stop signing the DAW? Or maybe he'll recommend alternate opiates? What opiates are almost as good as the abusable OC's? He offered methadone once.

sorry for all the q's and sorry if any of this is already answered, but these OP's got my head hurting and reading is a bitch right now

19. irie_lady_420

irie_lady_420 Member

Wow my neighbor gets a script for 60mg OC's and yesterday she got the op kind, i was like ur fucked no one's gonna buy them, then i showed her this thread and we decided to split one up and try it (snort) well needless to say that was a chore so finally afteer she did it unsuccessfully i just ate my, got high but it didnt hit that chord like i wanted it to. Anyway just my experience. It was my last horah b4 i start that drug shit :(

20. hip2you

hip2you Member

Which Walgreens??