Nudity and the Bible

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Dude111, Aug 18, 2010.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

= Interesting Indeed

Naked for me = Innocence, Openness, Honesty and Purity of Spirit
    Embarrassment is that which is told and drummed into our mind-set for no good reason apart from a form of conditioning from others.
    My chosen Faith being that wiTch embraces the concept and acceptance (/or not) of the freedom of choice when praises God/Goddesses of choice = Faith by Desire not by Dictated Doctrine

I've always thought that the opine of being Nude is a concept put on us by those in society who believe they can dictate Moral Standards -I've always thought that one should stand by one own principles and standards.
    I am Happy with my Conviction of conscience.
    In respect of Perverts - it is a concern, however, perverts are perverts clothed or not!
    > "In relation to the original thought" One does however, have to distinguish between Religious word and those who believe their interpretation of text is the Truth of reasoning MeThinks >

Dude111 likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, I was just intrigued when you said you're a coptic christian. I associate them primarily with Egypt so I thought perhaps you're from there as well. It's in no way trolling. Better to ask than to assume, right? :)

3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

An EXCELLENT REPLY BUDDY!!!

I gave you Points by giving you THUMBS UP and by giving you Positive Rep!!

4. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Unless you are engaged in some exercise in statistics, a casual observation of these portraits is sufficient evidence: All the bathers are nude.

Current-day Americans (and maybe a few Brits) who freak out at the skinny dipping and nude bathing are the weird ones. For most of history, visual arts and literature have preserved a record of a healthier attitude.

Reminds me of the book 1984 and how the government tried to rewrite history so people would think that the present phobias, prudishness and paranoia is normal and the way it has always been.

5. granny_longerhair

granny_longerhair Member

LOL ... in other words, unless I want to actually make accurate statements, I can make up my own evidence.

So anyone who disagrees with you is a "weird one".

Personally, I enjoy being nude and I don't "freak out" at skinny dipping. But I have the presence of mind not to make this into an issue of "us vs. them". The world is big enough to accommodate people who don't happen to think the same way I do about it. As long as I can do what I want in private, which I can, then I see no problem. Why do you?

And when all else fails, blame the government for everything.

6. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I had my first nude beach experience yesterday. Got an overall tan at perhaps the finest nude beach in the world, Orient Beach in St. Martin. It felt exhilarating to walk up and down, showing the world my birthday suit. I loved it.

7. Asmodean

Isn't St. Martin a really tiny island sunfighter? It was half dutch/half french I thought. Why is it one of the finest nude beaches? Just wondering :)

8. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

I didn't "make up" 2,000 years of European and Roman nude outdoor bathing depicted in artwork.

Not weird, just wrong! :)

The world is not big enough to live and let live (though It should be). But visit the Naturist Action Committee site to see how much opposition there is to the skinny dipping that you would like to enjoy. I am glad that Haulover Beach and Gunnison have remained free beaches, but they are few and far between.

Do we need our government or the general public to impose a dress code on everyone?
    Who gets to decide what is "decent"?

9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes, about St. Martin. Well, the beach is pretty ultimate. White, soft sand and lots of it. Plenty of beach lounges with umbrellas. Toilets nearby. Great restaurants nearby. Everyone acting cool. Two large floating platforms that you can swim to. A mix of ages, mostly over 40, some children (who were not nude when I was there). Beautiful azure water with gentle waves. I can't see how it could be any better.

10. Asmodean

I understand! I just have kind of a specific (biased) perception of that island because it seems so tiny and is split up in 2 nationalities. I've heard of it because I know somebody who worked as a librarian on that island :biggrin:

11. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

They didn't put clothes on lol. They covered themselves with fig leaves.

Figure out the fig leaves

Figure out an hourglass figure
    Figure out the garden
    Figure out the trees
    Figure out the fruit
    Figure satan
    Figure god
    Figure genesis
    Figure time
    Figure good
    Figure evil

Forbidden fruit
    Forbidden knowledge

They ate and their eyes were open, knowing good and evil.

They covered themselves
    with fig leaves

Figure it out.

lollol

12. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Hahaha. Ever seen the face of God? lmao

It's a funny joke.

The boobs & nipples are the eyes
    The belly button is the nose
    The triangular V is the mouth ... *flaming bush*

It's the face of God! haha

And if you see the face of God, surely you will die (laughing)

That there is some full frontal nudity (oh I can't stop laughing!)

13. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Ah man!!

14. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Did you die laughing? I always crack up at that joke

15. meeses

meeses Member

Why hide god's creation? :)

16. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Did you laugh at the joke? Why am I the only person I know who laughs at that joke? I think it's hilarious.

17. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

The body is a creation of God, the Bible is a creation of Mankind...I would hope common sense and intelligence will prevail over this discussion,

Sx :)

18. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Easy. Ready?

The body is a creation of God? Do you REALLY believe that? I don't think you do. But if you do, does that mean you believe in God and love God? Because if you do believe in God and love God then you would know (knowledge, not belief) that the Bible is NOT a creation of "mankind".

People who truly love God do not say that the Bible is not the true Word of God.

Oh, and it's necessary for me to say .. I'm not "fighting" or "arguing" or debating with you. I simply responded to exactly what you put forth.

19. petrnat

petrnat Members

20. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

This subject is, shall I say...interesting? I have encountered so many idiots out there that cannot conceive the idea of common sense.
    I am a nudist. I prefer "naturist", but then I really don't care what you call me.
    People have encountered me when I'm minding my own business, naked as a jay bird, and the reactions vary.
    Some people will just keep going and pretend I'm not there. That's fine. I don't care.
    A couple times they'd stop and have a conversation with me and even ask "why" I am doing it (politely, that is). And I have no problem with that. I enjoy it, usually.
    There have been a few people that are offended. And they get mad and tell me so. And I'm like "So fucking what?" If they don't like what they see, look the other direction. If they want to treat me differently in other scenarios, such as college or work or church, that's their loss. I suppose I could refuse to talk to the husband because he married a blond. How stupid is that? Real stupid, I think.

You don't have to like being naked. I love it. If you don't seeing me naked, look the other way. And if it offends you that I'm naked, and you mistreat me in public because of that, maybe I oughta 86 you and your wife from my business because I think you're an idiot.