Nudity and the Bible

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Dude111, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

3. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Well, if you feel like never eating again you can always blame Rosie O'Donnell and Oprah Winfrey....

Children and pervs, yeah it's a concern. In the end though it's up to the individual.

I feel that to be clothed is just fine, if that is what one wants. But if one wishes to be naked, why not? If some churches prefer certain clothes, is nudity any different?

4. Dude111

No it isnt but I think what Orison said holds quite true :( (That ruins it for all)

5. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Ok. Well in normal life you never can tell if someone's gonna pull a gun on you and take your car from you, so I guess sell your car and lock yourself in your house.

Kids & pervs isn't enough of a reason. If the kids are too dumb to known the different between right & wrong, then they ain't got no business being in public to begin with.

6. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

oh good, God is ok with nudity. what a relief :D

7. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

The animals are nude

Dude111 likes this.
  8. freecospirit

freecospirit Member

Though not religious I have read various parts of the bible and it doesn't say whether nudity is right or wrong. The same may be true of the scriptures for other beliefs. Society's attitude to nudity when you consider it closely has nothing to do with faith though religion is often sited as the base of reasons for saying that nudity is wrong.

Mirsman likes this.
  9. Dude111

Yes and in reality WE ARE ALL ANIMALS!!

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I'm Not Happy About Being Described As An Animal, But On The Other Hand

I Am, At This Point In Time......Nude...:confused:

Cheers Glen.

11. loveromance

loveromance Member

If you find nudity offensive for its own sake ask yourself WHY. Those of us who happen to enjoy being clothes free accept that others prefer to be clothed.

12. Madesh

Madesh Member

Early Christian Hermits, particularly Coptic Christians lived nude. Their belief was that clothing presented attachment to the modern world and presented a preoccupation with the self. Being nude offered humility and poverty to God.

13. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Madesh , good point. Coptics (myself included) and many others were nudists. Yes , humility. No bling. Some where along the time of Hawthorne writing "The Scarlett Letter" times changed. Good ole protostant brits.

14. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

If you run a search for "oil paintings bathers" and similar searches, you will see that on the continent, groups of women continued to bathe nude in lakes and rivers, sometimes at sea and while seeking a degree of privacy, apparently did not mind being painted by artists of the Renaissance and by artists of the Impressionist period. This was true in Scandinavia, France, Germany and elsewhere on the continent.

Mixed nudity is not as common, but it did occur.

Men had social freedom to bathe nude more openly and in more recent times than women.

In Finland, family nudity in the sauna continued to modern times. Many outside of the larger cities still enjoy mixed nudity among the family, some friends and neighbors.

While prudishness does not characterize all Protestants, the British variety of the faith has been notorious for its obsession with nudity. Really creepy!
    In the colonies, the descendants of British settlers often took it to even further extremes.

But these paintings prove that for most of the history of the Church, both Protestant and Catholic, peasants and ordinary townsfolk have been bathing and swimming nude.
    There was no such thing as swim wear and you wouldn't want soggy clothes when you return to dry land, so you did the obvious: get naked and enjoy the water with your friends and family, hang your clothes on a branch where they will be warm and dry for you when you need them. Duh!

Current attitudes about nudity are NOT the norm.

Asphalt-cowboy likes this.
  15. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Very good points. I do find that folks with the most to "hide" are the most critical of naturists. Additionally, I have found many females my age (55) with "body" issues. These issues can be best addressed by naturism and lowering inhibitions.

16. meeses

meeses Member

Well said..... way too many pretend to be naturists, because they think being nude in their bedroom makes them one!

17. granny_longerhair

granny_longerhair Member

A listing of paintings is not a valid statistical sample.

A very vague statement. Whose attitudes? Where? What demographic group? How do you know what the "norm" is? Norm when? Where?

18. granny_longerhair

granny_longerhair Member

An astounding over-generalization. How do you know this? Where's the data to back it up? Who decides what "most to hide" means? You?

Says who? You get to speak for all females over 55? Exactly what "body" issues are you talking about?

A blanket statement that "these issues can best be addressed by naturism" is simple-minded and unsubstantiated.

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Are you from Egypt, riptide?

20. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Trolling again? Asmodean. LOL. Coptic Christians are a close relative of the east european Orthodox faith. While I do find references to the Creator making Adam and Eve become textile friendly , I do not think the scriptures chastise naturism itself. Once again , animals seem to fare better than we do there. Asmodean , ? are you perhaps a nudist , as well?