Take five books off your bookshelf...

Discussion in 'Books' started by Dude111, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Directions:

1. Book #1 -- Take the First sentence
    2. Book #2 -- Take the last sentence on page fifty
    3. Book #3 -- Take the second sentence on page one hundred
    4. Book #4 -- Take the next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
    5. Book #5 -- Take the final sentence of the book

Now <<>> Make the five sentences into a paragraph. (Not easy)

Heres mine:

The life of Milton is known to us in far more fullness of detail than that of any other major poet before the 18th century. We also know she also has some useful pots and pans,and several other things. There were beggers @ her house also so Carl Went up to the Begger and said "I am very sorry for you;can i do anything?" He replied saying he wanted some info on connecting 2 antennas to something,so carl said "Then you will need either some patch arrangement for switching antennas or a coaxial switch-about $60 for the feed system" Then the begger (Jake) went back to making his house.. When at last the house was finished,the cock flew to the very top of it,and crowed and crowed and crowed..

2 people like this.
  2. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

Dean Suby was the name by which the entity knew itself. The mirror-like moon runs over the azure desert. In 1800 he was writing in the autobiographical Moi-Meme; "Have you read Montaigne, Charron, Rabelais, and Tristam Shandy? She looked at the clock on ther nightstand before answering it. The battleground has remained the same--the political middle--but there are new political leaders, followers, and tactics.

[i went random]

3. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

The imaginary Being rocks. The imaginary Being is one cool son of a bitch. I wish Imaginary Being would be my friend. Imaginary Being smells awesome. Who the hell does Imaginary being think he is anyways, ruining peoples threads?? :mad:

:rolleyes:

4. Amsler

Amsler Member

3. Book #3 -- Take the second sentence on page one hundred
    4. Book #4 -- Take the next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
    5. Book #5 -- Take the final sentence of the book

It begins, as most things begin, with a song. She knew she might not have heard the engine over the rain and thunder, but she just didn't believe he would take his car. Addie, the laugher.

oh fuck it, i lost patience. haha

5. Dude111

Hehe yes it isnt easy!

6. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

I went down yesterday to the Piraeus with Glaucon, son of Ariston. Taking others of the qualities I enumerated above, I said that a prince must want to have a reputation for compassion rather than for cruelty: nonethless, he must be careful that he does not make bad use of compassion. He listened for a long time. The existing cannot be overstepped except by means of a universal derived from the existing order itself. There he also let us know, through the mouth of Theseus, the legendary founder of Athens and hence her spokesman, what it was that enabled ordinary men, young and old, to bear life's burden: it was the polis, the space of men's free deeds and living words, which could endow life with splendour.

7. RobynCB90

RobynCB90 Member

Left Munich at 8:35 p.m. on 1st May, arriving at Vienna early next morning; should have arrived at 6:46, but train was an hour late. Another line departed an intersection and traced a path through space. His words, the nature of his punishment-these had already let me read his name; therefore, my answer was so fully made. He felt a jolt of astonishment. After that, they called him Billy-with-Jesus.

8. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

It was 1886 that the German pharmacologist, Ludwig Lewin, published the first systematic study of the cactus, to which his own name was subsequently given. Upon this he told me another story. The big automobile was empty except for the driver and Molly. But how useful! His race to learn had begun.

9. RiverMorland:Hippie

RiverMorland:Hippie Member

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary about the education of his pupil by making him study civilization under all its Newts and blind-worms, do no wrong,Tear not these from my embraces! For It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

10. LJDV

LJDV Member

I really wish I had the motivation to get up and do this because it might come out really neat, but alas I am stuck on this machine.

11. celsius

celsius Member

“Thinner,” he old Gypsy man with the rotting nose whispers to William Halleck as Halleck and his wife, Heidi, come out of the courthouse. And it struck me then that the most difficult thing had been the decision to act, the rest had been mere tenacity- and the fears were paper tigers. But that he quarrelled with his friends, suspected those who helped him most, must be the romantic’s bitter fulfillment. The fans sat in sections according to their affiliations holding homemade signs that said, “Seccion de Rudos” (Bad Guys Section) and “Section de Tecnicos” (Good Guys Section). “I think you’ll find Ty’roon and Su’kyan kinder than you were.”

12. Dude111

Very nice everyone!!!

I might try another if I can conjure up 5 more books!!

13. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

This was fun until I realized I was doing this to avoid something I really should be doing.

Gestures are all that I have; some times they must be grand in nature. I no longer have the feeling of emptiness around me. But he did, and right across my path by the wall, so that I had to creep over him every time! It is enough! This is where normal citizens become renegades, tie bandannas around their head and go on the lam with big dogs.

Three whores lived in the apartment above the Breedloves' storefront. When I come downstairs in the morning, my mother is falling apart. I am haunted by humans. I don't understand, "Help" is another of those four letter words that don't mean anything any more.

1 person likes this.
  14. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Any book called How the Mind Works had better begin on a note of humility, and I will begin with two. And that one will be the true representation of the vacuum as it exists independently in nature. I'm certain that it has been important to all races of man because it is a symbol for the experience I'm describing, and for the concept,the understanding that the intellect forms out of what is initially not an intellectual, but a soul experience of the Alpha and Omega. All koans are utterances of satori with no intellectual mediations; hence their uncouthness and incomprehensibility. We will have found the grand design.
    ---
    It's more fun trying to figure out the books from which others' sentences are coming, than it is typing my own sentences.

1 person likes this.
  15. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness. Mind is the forerunner of all actions.

So, in conclusion, it should not be said that the halo belongs exclusively either to the lamp or to the perception of the eyes, nor should it be said that it belongs neither to the lamp nor to the perception of the eyes.

"Oh!" said Pooh, and tried to make it sound sad and Regretful.

So every day they bored one hole, and on the seventh day Primal Chaos died.

1 person likes this.
  16. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

The feeling of having no power over people and events is generally unbearable to us -- when we feel helpless we feel miserable. The conditions of life in deep limestone caverns are much the the same in all temperate regions so that if the blind animals had been seperately created for the American and European caverns a close similarity in their organisation and affinities would be expected. It requires fewer operations the more leading 0's there are, and avoids large immediate values and large shift amounts. Note that aDrawing sends a Draw request to aLineShape as part of the Refresh operation. The revolution by which human nature desires to effect step by step in many ages is likely to be precipiated by him in a single year or life.

1 person likes this.
  17. Spectacles

It is the natural, "un-self-grasped" state of mind; and here, of course, the mind has no specific meaning, for what is not grasped is not known in the conventional sense of knowledge. The peasant has a proverb: "What you scorn may be worth much more than you think." The Minister then reminded the Sultan that he had forty of the most beautiful gardens in the world and suggested that they should go and visit them. Go - go now, my love, be quick as a gazelle on the fragrant hills. She paid not the slightest heed, but hurried home, and soon had completely forgotten the poor frog - who must have hopped back again into his spring.

2 people like this.
  18. Spectacles

The family of Dashwood had been long settled in Sussex. Remember this! "They aren't running any juvenile events this year." There is no getting around this. And I paddled swiftly and desperately away from the place where we had parted.

The door on his side of the plane would only open a couple inches. I have acted shamefully and as a child. Imagine the epitome of "peace and quiet." Then they return their own images to "answer" her. Yet while there is time there is the certainty of return.

The first place that I can well remember was a large pleasant meadow with a pond of clear water in it. Gather yourself. Inside the house the spiders have only given me one mild surprise. He said he'd meet me for a walk in the Boston Common, and we sat on a bench in the sun. Maybe so, but at this moment on the corner of Palace Avenue, just having tea seems awfully sweet.

2 people like this.
  19. expanse

In the desperate summer of 1932, Washington, D.C., resembled the besieged capital of an obscure European state. Taking, therefore, a longer and wider view of things, the entire project of "conquering nature" appears more and more of a mirage - an increase in the pace of living without fundamental change of position, just as the Red Queen suggested. In just a few lines, Kaluza was uniting Einstein's theory of gravity with Maxwell's theory of light by introducing the fifth dimension (that is, four dimensions of space and one of time). So to prevent such an attack, the message space M is necessarily large. I have done my best here to convey the heart of the teachings, and for whatever is missing, whatever I'm precision or errors there may be, I ask the reader's indulgence, and pray that my masters and the protectors of the teachings forgive me!

20. expanse

Specs, what is this sentence from: "Imagine the epitome of "peace and quiet.""? I couldn't find it with google.