Are you barefoot all the time?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Mezz, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Mezz

Mezz Member

I'm new to this and have been trying to go barefoot as much as I can as I enjoy the freedom of it... but I was wondering if there were places you choose to not go barefoot? I hike a lot and do a lot of bush whacking (off trail through thick bush), do you wear footwear there? what about work and school? Do you find your feet get used to the new textures over time (my walking speed slowed considerably from walking on rocks and other hurtfull things). Anyways, just curious, I am new to the concept and was looking to see how you guys adapted to being shoeless.

2. barefootman

barefootman Member

I think over time, I realized that being barefoot was just part of who I am. If I can accept that then others can too. I don't even think about whether I am wearing shoes or not. I go everywhere with really no problems. People get used to seeing me as I am.

3. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

there are (a very few) places i don't frequent barefoot but just in order to avoid confrontation because i don't want to be noticed or harassed or raise arguments. shops and offices are no problem. there are no surfaces who discourage me from going barefoot themselves except extremely hot sand and deep snow over long times and long motorcycle rides on highways. i do cross barefoot thick bushes and thorny fields , love mud and frozen grass, gravel is ok. only thorns really slow me down because it is a part of the game finding the best path. after really long walks on aggressive surfaces i tend to slow down if my feet start feeling sore.

4. Your feet will adapt to pretty much anything. You can go barefoot wherever you feel comfortable. Stores will be pretty quick to tell you if they like it (no confrontation) or not (confrontation). Even in stores that don't, you'll find total inconsistency. It comes down to the people, whether they are tolerant or informed. I was pretty shy starting out, but you get used to it over time (individuals vary greatly), and it feels wonderful. Just give your feet time to toughen up (they will), and yourself time to develop blinders to others (you will).

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Yes, All The Time, Have Done For Years, And I Still Enjoy It As Much

Now, As I Did On My First Day...:).

Welcome To The Wonderful World Of Barefooting Mezz...:D.

Cheers Glen.

6. Mezz

Mezz Member

Glen!! Your every wheres on here ha. And I must say.... this morning was a cool, dew'y morning and took the dog for an early morning walk, almost feel naked barefoot, love it!

7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

In my youth, (of which I am still am) :) I have always liked the freedom of barefoot - I continue to do so as much as possible. The hard skin that has formed gives a degree of protection though one has to be cautious of where to tread, -> Fields that have 'natural wastage' I can handle, it’s the disposal of man-made objects that is regretful.
    Balancing the two, I still like and will carry on enjoying the freedom of nakedness :)
    < Peace + Love ~ Save the Planet > :peace:

8. wameron36

wameron36 Senior Member

The only times I ever wear footwear is at Uni when I have to use the labs and it's a requirement, and at my work where steal-caps are required which is fair enough. Other than that I'm just naturally barefoot, I've just never really worn shoes my whole life so far. So to me I never really adapted as I never changed.

9. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

I think I've mentioned this before, but I've read a few interviews, etc. with people in their later stages of life. Often they're asked if they'd do anything differently if they had it all to do over again. One interesting response that often comes up is that they'd go barefoot in the grass a lot more. :) I guess reflecting on their lives they realize that's a nice, "earthy" feeling that's just a simple pleasure of life.

10. ChrissySunshine

ChrissySunshine like disco lemonade

When I was younger, I used to HATE winter because my mom made me wear shoes.

I go without shoes most of the time, if I can get away with it.

11. thegirlwithoutshoes

thegirlwithoutshoes Member

I love going barefoot and I can't remember the last time I wore anything on my feet

12. Hardy55

Hardy55 Guest

Hello,

I want to make a privat survey about the topic of „walking barefoot“. Before I will ask you some questions I have to apologize my bad English. It´s only so called “school-English”. But I hope, you will understand everything!

Many greetings

Burkhard

Here are my questions:

Why do you walk barefoot

... because it´s healthy?

... because it`s comfortable?

... because it does make fun?

... because you like to be showily dressed?

... because to protest against the society?

Since how many years do you walk with bare feet?

Since which month do you walk barefoot outdoors?

Upto which month do you walk barefoot outdoors?

In which cities ( name of the cities ) did you already walk barefooted?

Which has been the longest period of time you did walk outdoors with bare feet without putting any shoes on your feet?

Did you ever walk barefoot to school, to university or at work?

What about the colour of the soles of your feet if you did walk for a longer period of time barefoot outdoors? Are they very dirty?

Did you ever have completely deep black soles of your feet?

Do you like dirty feet *g*?

What about dancing with bare feet? Do you like to dance barefoot?

Did you ever dance barefooted

... at a party?

... in a discotheque?

... at an open-air festival?

Have you ever been barefooted

... at a flea market?

... in a museum?

... at a flair?

... in a shop/store?

... in a cinema?

... in a theatre?

... in a cafe?

... in a pub?

... in a pedestrian precint?

... at a railway station?

... at a bus stop?

... in a multistorey covered car park?

... in a church?

Did you ever been barefooted

... on a bicycle?

... on a scooter?

... on a motorbike?

... in a car?

... in a bus?

... in a train?

... in an underground train?

... on a ship?

... on a ferry?

... in an aeroplaine?

When did you walk barefoot outdoors for the last time, and where and how long did you do it?

13. Hardy55

Hardy55 Guest

Hello Chrissy,

I want to make a privat survey about the topic of „walking barefoot“. Before I will ask you some questions I have to apologize my bad English. It´s only so called “school-English”. But I hope, you will understand everything!

Many greetings

Burkhard

Here are my questions:

Why do you walk barefoot

... because it´s healthy?

... because it`s comfortable?

... because it does make fun?

... because you like to be showily dressed?

... because to protest against the society?

Since how many years do you walk with bare feet?

Since which month do you walk barefoot outdoors?

Upto which month do you walk barefoot outdoors?

In which cities ( name of the cities ) did you already walk barefooted?

Which has been the longest period of time you did walk outdoors with bare feet without putting any shoes on your feet?

Did you ever walk barefoot to school, to university or at work?

What about the colour of the soles of your feet if you did walk for a longer period of time barefoot outdoors? Are they very dirty?

Did you ever have completely deep black soles of your feet?

Do you like dirty feet *g*?

What about dancing with bare feet? Do you like to dance barefoot?

Did you ever dance barefooted

... at a party?

... in a discotheque?

... at an open-air festival?

Have you ever been barefooted

... at a flea market?

... in a museum?

... at a flair?

... in a shop/store?

... in a cinema?

... in a theatre?

... in a cafe?

... in a pub?

... in a pedestrian precint?

... at a railway station?

... at a bus stop?

... in a multistorey covered car park?

... in a church?

Did you ever been barefooted

... on a bicycle?

... on a scooter?

... on a motorbike?

... in a car?

... in a bus?

... in a train?

... in an underground train?

... on a ship?

... on a ferry?

... in an aeroplaine?

When did you walk barefoot outdoors for the last time, and where and how long did you do it?

14. hillman30

hillman30 Member

I also love dirty soles and toes. It's almost where have i not gone barefoot since I haven't worn shoes for 230 days. Think the only place I missed is the cinema and a museum. And the blacker someone's feet are the more I like that and the more I appreciate that they've been barefoot a long time.