Urgent! Poppy Pod Shortage

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Codone, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Codone

Codone Member

Hello all. I couldn't help but notice that there's a major shortage of poppy pods right now. Many vendors have raised their prices two or threefold over the last month, while others are completely out of stock. And none of them have any information about what's going on.

I heard on another forum that the DEA has issued an inspection of U.S. poppy crops to test for opium content. During that time, farms have been unable to ship any supplies, which explains the current shortage. The "hold" was supposed to last 30 days, and we're nearing the end of that time frame.

My question is, how much legitimacy is there to this rumor? If it's true, what is the likelihood that it will make it impossible to obtain dried poppies in the future? I don't mind paying higher prices, but am really scared that whatever's going on will seriously inhibit my ability to continue crafting.

Lastly, does anyone know of any independent poppy farms or vendors that don't obtain their supplies from one of the major sources? I'm a loyal, repeat customer who is basically looking for a reliable and forthcoming vendor.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

not bloody likely..

3. Codone

Codone Member

Even if all the major U.S. farms get shut down? I know you can grow your own, but I'm referring to obtaining them from online vendors. Harsh DEA crackdowns could strongly discourage both farmers and vendors from dealing with poppies I would imagine.

(Forgive me if I'm missing something!)

4. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

I am also very concerned my crafting needs may be hinderd by these outages... Im in serious crafting WD.

5. Codone

Codone Member

Sorry to hear it. With as many pod users as there are, I'm shocked there hasn't been more of an outcry. I know I'M freaking out :(

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

im reminded by this old quote. Princess Leia: The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers...

7. Codone

Codone Member

lol nice Orison. I certainly hope it applies!

8. PonyGrl420

PonyGrl420 Member

Wow i just checked the place I have used in the past and their prices went up a bit, $17 more then what it was. Their site says they have pods in stock (I dont know how up to date it is) Im pretty sure he grows his own...

9. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

On a side note herion prices remain the same... The DEA is doing a great job turning pod users into full blown herion junkies... Great job boys!

10. Codone

Codone Member

Guess they just couldn't stand people getting their fix from a natural, cheap, abundant source that Big Pharma (aka their sponsors) didn't patent and synthesize themselves. Fucking devils.

11. Codone

Codone Member

...and yes, that includes heroin.

[​IMG]

12. poppy fields forever

poppy fields forever Member

13. Codone

Codone Member

Yep, and the crazy part is that this legal high is NOT some lab-concocted chemical that may or may not be safe for use in humans (aka, a "research" chemical). If anything, THOSE should be the ones that are most tightly regulated, but apparently health and safety do not factor into the DEA's decisions...

I hope anyone with any inside info will keep me and the rest of the pod community (lol) informed about the situation. As of now, it's hard to tell what will happen. There is no information about the investigation anywhere on the internet, and none of the vendors are talking. Would be great to find a vendor who grows their own as a backup!

14. PonyGrl420

PonyGrl420 Member

I dont think it's quite legal, Im not totally sure what federal law is but I know they have something about it. Everywhere you read it says something different and I dont have the patience to go through pages of law. Its def a schedule II drug...
    I know for sure though that every states law I have read says that once you prepare it for consumption it's illegal, and in a lot of states growing is illegal.

15. T3trahydr0cannab1n0l

T3trahydr0cannab1n0l Member

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that there is NOWHERE in the WORLD that you can go where drugs are legal. How free are we when something that makes us happy is taken away. I am tired of being labeled an addict, the only reason addiction is such a problem is because the DEA doesn't care about what we want or what makes us happy. Sure there need to be some regulations but to totally illegalize them is unfair and wrong. The only reason people shun drugs is because they are illegal and the government gives users a bad image that nonusers will dislike enough to keep them from doing the drug. Whatever your drug of choice may be I believe, as a citizen of a FREE country, that you should be able to have it. Just think...NOWHERE in the WORLD are WE truely FREE...

16. Codone

Codone Member

^Agreed. And for some indescribable reason, outlawing something that grows out of the ground seems even more repulsive to me.

Tax-paying adults should have the right to put anything in their bodies that they want. We can feed our kids as much artery-clogging fat as we want, chain smoke cancer sticks all day long and drink until we blackout in the streets, yet for some reason (read: money + power) it's not socially acceptable to use natural substances like poppies, marijuana or mushrooms. Talk about backward.

17. dynamickid

dynamickid Hemp Farmer

More the reason to grow your own.

But there is one place that still have small/medium pods

750-850 pods for 200
    80-120 pods 40

18. Down-In-A-Spoon

Down-In-A-Spoon Member

You guys should check out my 'stranded on an island' thread. I talk about havin an island all to ourselves so we can govern how we see fit and have our own utopia! Kinda like the garden of Eden!
    Maybe I should put a campaign on to raise money for all us cool opi-o-pheliacs to migrate to such an island and spend the rest of our lives in total bliss!
    Would anyone vote me in as island chief so I can get the ball rolling for us?

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

oh, you can make sense once in a while.. :rolleyes:

20. Codone

Codone Member

Would love to grow my own, except I live in an apartment and wouldn't really have the space or equipment needed to grow indoors. And that vendor is really awesome! Hope (s)he stays in the game for a while :)

@ Down-in-a-Spoon: great thread, think I already posted to it. Would definitely vote you chief (and even bow and worship you as a god) if you could guarantee free and endless opiates for all! :D