Being able to tell the difference between MDMA shard and Crystal Meth.

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by mattritt, Jun 21, 2010.

1. mattritt

mattritt Member

Well to start off I would NEVER do meth intentionally, but accidentally did it once about a year ago when I got what was suppose to be MDMA. Not to get into it but lets just say it was the worst day of my life. So I have to ask, is there any way to tell the difference between meth and MDMA shards by looking, tasting, smelling the crystals? I live in the meth capitol of the United States so its EXTREMELY common for MDMA to be cut around here. Now I wouldn't ever by from anyone I didn't trust but say I were to need some one day from someone I didn't know at a rave or what not? Can you tell without a tester or without taking a threshold dose? I never wanna do meth again.

I've noticed MDMA usually forms really geometric type crystals, while pictures of meth I've seen have been pretty jagged. Things like that.

Thanks guys!!

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I don't think you can tell visually. Maybe only by taste, I don't know how meth tastes but MDMA has a very particular kind of bitterness.

3. Just naughty

Just naughty Member

Meth (good meth anyway) has a very bitter very strong nasty taste.It varies in color when melted,such as a pink hue,green,& purple.Sometimes it can have an amber look but if it's cloudy & white,I wouldn't trust it.If it's nice & clear,then that's good.But I'd rely on taste if you can't melt it.Lick it & if it makes you cringe then it's good ;)
    Don't ask how I know...I just do.

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

well molly has a strong taste that will make you cringe too . . .

but yeah good meth is actually see-through while molly never is.

5. Triptronic

Triptronic Member

yea molly tastes very strong and bitter with a cold black liquorish aftertaste, and crystal is just extremely bitter and dirty tasting.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I haven't seen molly as a straight shard crystal but it looks 'murkier' and not as clear to me when broken up. A nickname for meth is glass and it does look straight up like a shard of glass. MDMA might have more of a rock quality. But I dunno there are probably different methods to make the stuff' that make the product look differently.

7. Triptronic

Triptronic Member

yea the brown sticky crystals in the baggy on my sig is mdma, and yea it is more rocky, that was just when i had crushed it smaller. its got a very unique taste and texture, most of the time its moist imo.

8. Just naughty

Just naughty Member

I could really go for some of that pretty white happiness you have there.....

9. Degausser

Degausser Guest

I've ran into crystal mollies a few times in the last couple of weeks, and to be quite honest with you, it just looks like sand to me. Of course it wasn't one big crystal either you could tell that it was just break and shake from a larger crystal.

10. GiveLoveLife22

GiveLoveLife22 Guest

I have only seen molly as off white powder or cloudy crystal. For the people saying molly is tan or brown and more rock or sand consistency is most likely not mdma but mda which is street named sass or sassafrass. it is one step above the checmical process of making mdma. mda causes slight hallucinogenic effects compared to mdma which makes it more appealing to most people. you still get the same energy and euphoric oneness but a little visuals as well. it also lasts longer. most of the people i talk to have never heard of mda. i am sure alot of people buy and take mda thinking it is mdma. it takes much longer for the effects to kick in (~45 mins) which can lead to taking more than you might be planning. both though can create an amazing time when taken to enhance an already wonderful experience.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Both MDMA and MDA in their purest form are white powder/crystals. The coloration often comes from not going through the complete steps of removing impurities in the washing process.

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

This is what it should look like if washed. But as others have said much stuff will be brown and this does not mean it is bad at all.

[​IMG]

13. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

this is why i taste all of my drugs

mdma has a very distinct taste... meth has a VERY different taste.

14. BananaBob

BananaBob Guest

A friend came across this, and its hard to find proper info if its legit or not. Maybe someone here might know. Not much smell, and bitter taste. I stumbled across this forum and you seem to have good info. View attachment 52393

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Could be MDMA, only way to be sure is a test kit.

16. BananaBob

BananaBob Guest

17. BananaBob

BananaBob Guest

That's atleast what its supposed to be. But he has never seen it look that way, and was wondering if any of you have? I don't think he can come across a test kit in time, and don't know if anywhere locally sells them. He said its very bitter taste, with almost a weird cooling, tingle after taste. Which is associated with the real thing i believe

18. RiversClearwater

RiversClearwater Member

I know someone on here recently was saying that they had some pink shards of what they believed to be mdma that turned out to be methylone, not necessarily a bad thing. But like others have said, test kit is really the only way aside from sampling and comparing to previous experiences.

19. BananaBob

BananaBob Guest

I understand, I guess a test kit is needed. But there's no way I can order one and have it delivered in one day. That'll defeat the purpose of getting it in the first place, it was for this weekend. Ugh why does it have to be so difficult these days. What happened to easily accessible and good e pills! Now there are 100 types of crystals and powders..