Snipe Hunting tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by OhSoDreadful, May 24, 2010.

1. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

My boyfriend and I have recently given up paying for cigarettes, but our addiction still has a hold on us. Over the last couple years I have gotten pretty good at finding cigs that others threw on the ground and I thought I'd make a thread for exchanging advice from one smoker to another.

1. Grocery stores, weekends and holidays are best. Make sure to check cracks in the sidewalk and the gutters by the entrance
    2. Movie theaters, be aware of what movies are playing because that will determine what kind of cigs you find. (i.e. Cowboy western movie will score you reds, chick flicks - virginia slims, etc:). I advise you try on opening nights of all movies as well.
    3. Walmart and chain stores are good sometimes but a lot of the time I've seen staff hosing down ashtrays outside to keep people like myself away. Also keep in mind that hobos tend to chill there and get all the good snipes. With any high traffic area there is a chance that snipes will be stepped on and ruined which leads me to my next point:
    4. Carry rolling papers, they are great for doctoring ripped and stepped on snipes
    5. Newports! If you like menthol, newports tend to taste the best out of all snipes to me and the person who ditched it normally didn't give enough of a fuck to step on it and mess it up.
    6. Cigars, I highly advise you empty it out and just roll a cig

Well, that's all I can think of right now. One last thing, if you're going to spend the time to look for these you should spend the time to dispose of it properly. If there's no ashtray in sight, simply flick off the cherry and pocket the butt.

2. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

that's fucking disgusting. Damn fiends.

3. OhSoDreadful

Yep, addiction sucks. I'm not really grossed out by most things though, eating garbage, wearing found clothes...I have a damn good immune system to show for it. :b

4. CagedSparrow

CagedSparrow Member

Ew. If you're gonna smoke buy cigs instead of fighting hobos for butts :confused:

5. OhSoDreadful

They cost money that hobos like me don't have. Never fought another hobo over cigs, but I have thrown down over one dude stealing my cans for recycling.

6. spexxx

spexxx Member

I know this chick who does exactly that. A lot of our hang out sessions were bridged with her scoping out every parking lot she could for cigarette butts, and asking random people if she could bum a cigarette. Must be a fun addiction lol

7. OhSoDreadful

Yeah it sucks, I never bum cigs though. :b

8. SandDollar

SandDollar Member

Snipe hunting is fun... though, that's the reason I was kicked out of Texas... but aside from that it usually keeps me with a full pouch of tobacco. Even when I sink in and buy rolling tobacco (18.01$ wasted today on organic spirits), I tend to snipe hunt and store in a different pouch for later.. it's funny what cops think of it.

Good tips, someone will come of use of them. Loading spots for sub-contractors out of Home Improvement stores, I find good scores. Also if you see a bunch of smokers hanging around an ashtray outside a bar, it also makes a good raid cause of the sympathy factor.. someone's bound to kick you down a smoke.

9. OhSoDreadful

Never had any luck at home depot myself, I think because other peeps get em before I do :b I've also never been fucked with by cops but the security for the movie theater now stands right next to the ashtray at times and days they normally weren't there before.

10. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Don't always look down. I've stashed thousands of half smoked cigs in crazy places before i went into a store, ect. My plan was to exit the store and retrieve them, but i forgot them nearly every time. lol

I've put them on top of ice cube freezers, payphones, lamp fixtures, in between bricks on columns, on widow sills. The list goes on, and on.

11. RchrdMnssta

RchrdMnssta Member

i smoke cigs from the floor, or by asking people all the time. when i smoke weed i try to leave like the last part in places where people can find them and smoke them if they dont have any, lol, i try to make it a trippy place so they go extra happy xD hhahah so fun to that when u just finished smoking.

12. OhSoDreadful

I have found some in between bricks, will have to try those places too. Good advice!

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

Why not collect all the tobacco and process it with solvents and make straight nicotine oil..

14. SandDollar

SandDollar Member

Cops just seem to kinda find it suspicious activity when you're wandering around private property (wally world), picking up stuff but not actually buying anything. At least that's what wasted probably 2000$ in taxpayers cash when I went through Texas.. all cause a bunch of kids needed their crack fix and saw walmart as the best place to remedy it..

I always hit up behind restaurants too, you know there's an ashtray just brimming with half smoked cigs in that fast paced industry. I near smoked free for two years straight just from my old works ashtray..

15. OhSoDreadful

Very interested in this, got any useful info on it? Also, if I were to do this I'd want to grow my own because I've heard tobacco companies extract the nicotine from tobacco then spray it back on so that all cigarettes have the same potency and I forsee that affecting my extraction.

16. rcable

rcable Member

I dunno what exactly useful info is for you, but I've grown tobacco like an indoor ornamental... 6' plants trellising like a vine toward and covering a window like a weed. The leaves were all VERY oily leaving goomarks on anything they touched, took forever to dry(cure), and seemed to perennially flower over time as it never 'died-off' being kept in the environmentally controlled residence. Self-pollinating simply by tapping the flower and waiting for seed to form.

Made for 'cool' home-grown blunt wrappers, for those who roll cigars, keep a humidor, wine cellar, and snift their private reserve of brandy over a game of snooker. :redface: Oh, and uh, those 'sharecroppers' who keep mind over ranges of agricultural resources.

17. Techno Overlord

Techno Overlord Member

i do this all the time. Also look by Bowling Alleys. i have 2 in my town. the ashtrays are allways stocked with bogies that are 1/2 left, or even more. i remember one time, i had jsut smoked some MJ. and went to the bowling alley. not wanting to be seen, i waited for the right moment to run up, and snatch what i needed. i waited around for 5 mins, and said, F*** it. i ran up, and as my arm was extended, getting the goods, the door swings open and hits me. that was a very awkward situation.

18. Smitty25

Smitty25 Senior Member

Because these are people that snipe hunt?

19. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

How can a person be okay with being a fiend? You do realize that you have a choice, right?

20. OhSoDreadful

I -like- smoking and I have no shame dude, why do you care so much about what other people do? :p