• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 mdbnkc

mdbnkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted May 21 2010 - 03:17 PM

this quesiton from sweetblasphemy popped a question into my head.

Eat/vape/smoke/snort? What's best at what dose?

I know that smoking the fumurate and hcl forms of 4-aco-dmt are not very effective at all but has anyone tried converting it to a freebase and smoking that?

I have smoked mushroom extract that I converted to freebase. the psilly resin got me tripping harder and quicker than the ~5 gram dose would have but didn't last nearly as long.

since 4-aco-dmt is just an acetlylated version of psilocin, I'm thinking it would be active as a freebase. anyone ever read anything to confirm or prove this wrong?
Would you rather have a Lexus or justice? A dream or some substance? A Beemer, a necklace, or freedom?

#2 Mr.Toad

Mr.Toad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted May 21 2010 - 11:10 PM

Isn't it just a waste when you try to smoke mushrooms? I mean the melting point for psilocybin and psilocin is around 200 degrees.

Don't know about 4-aco-DMT though.

#3 mdbnkc

mdbnkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted May 22 2010 - 07:25 AM

yes smoking mushrooms alone is a waste of money and mushrooms. the way to make a smokable mushroom resin is to soak the mushrooms in methanol for a couple days. filter the methanol and discard the gunk or save it for another methanol soaking. once you have all your methanol collected it is very easy to titrate with baking soda for smoking or with acedic acid for consumption. I'm gonna try it in a couple weeks if nobody else does by then. I know freebase would definately be more effective if smoking then the HCL, but is it more effective than other ROA's is what I'm trying to get at? has nobody else even smoked psilly resin?
Would you rather have a Lexus or justice? A dream or some substance? A Beemer, a necklace, or freedom?

#4 Codmouse

Codmouse

• 1,902 posts

Posted May 23 2010 - 06:33 AM

Psilocybin is made in its freebase form by the plant (mushrooms). I'm not quite sure how you freebased a molecule without a salt.

Don't smoke the mushrooms. 4-AcO-DMT is just as sensitive.

P.S. Your not looking for the melting point. Your looking for the boiling point. There practically isn't one with these chems (they are destroyed before that...), thats why erowid didn't show u a boiling point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Dronelore)"Living is awesome. Maybe dying is awesome too. But seeing as no one knows for sure, it makes perfect sense to fear the "end" of something as awesome as being alive."

#5 shermin

shermin

Bazooka Tooth

• Members
  • 3,679 posts

Posted May 23 2010 - 10:39 AM

I don't see much of a reason for it not to be active..

if you decide to go forth with this experiment, you should post your results :D
ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONISM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 mdbnkc

mdbnkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted May 24 2010 - 07:09 AM

Psilocybin is made in its freebase form by the plant (mushrooms). I'm not quite sure how you freebased a molecule without a salt.

Don't smoke the mushrooms. 4-AcO-DMT is just as sensitive.

P.S. Your not looking for the melting point. Your looking for the boiling point. There practically isn't one with these chems (they are destroyed before that...), thats why erowid didn't show u a boiling point.

lol sorry I wasn't so accurate on an experiment I did over a year ago. I added acetic acid after the methanol and then basified with baking soda to get a very gooey resin.

you are correct, do not smoke whole mushshrooms. The psilocin/psilocybin conent is not high enough. it's like compararble to trying to smoke MHRB trying to get high off DMT..it won't work. you can smoke the shroom extract no problem though.

There was a thread here about a guy who was smoking the fumurate. he said he didn't get the greatest effects from the dose but that's probably acids usually aren't as lipid as bases(freebase 4-aco?) are. just because erowid doens't have a melting point labeled doesn't mean anything to me. they only have the HCL version of 2cb chemistry info, probably as well as one with of many others as well. I apperciate your input cod but I still think it will work.

This is a lot of theory and I don't think anyone should potentially waste their 4-aco-dmt until I or someone else reports back their findings. I'll report my findings next weekend when I have time, until then I'd nobody smoke your 4-aco-dmt HCL/fumurate.

#7 Codmouse

Codmouse

• 1,902 posts

Posted May 24 2010 - 12:16 PM

Your dumb shermin... You know better than this. You also should know that i don't talk out of my ass very often.

mdbnkc, I can't for the life of me understand why you would make it a salt then remove the salt to smoke it. Psilocybin acetate vs its freebase. Why? Its not an oil in freebase form. Still crystal. As a matter of fact its whats known as a zwitterion. Or in a crude sense a self salting molecule. This is partially why it can not be smoked. This is also why I can't understand why you add a salt, save stability purposes.

4-ho-dmt is not an acid either, its neutral. VERY lipid indeed.

I believe erowid only has a salt form of 2c-b because the freebase is an oil, and no one wants to play with an oil. To sensitive.

Do not smoke these chemicals... If you get any effect its from the unburnt dust your breathing into your lungs. Just huff some powder instead!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Dronelore)"Living is awesome. Maybe dying is awesome too. But seeing as no one knows for sure, it makes perfect sense to fear the "end" of something as awesome as being alive."

#8 shermin

shermin

Bazooka Tooth

• Members
  • 3,679 posts

Posted May 24 2010 - 01:49 PM

Your dumb shermin... You know better than this. You also should know that i don't talk out of my ass very often.

mdbnkc, I can't for the life of me understand why you would make it a salt then remove the salt to smoke it. Psilocybin acetate vs its freebase. Why? Its not an oil in freebase form. Still crystal. As a matter of fact its whats known as a zwitterion. Or in a crude sense a self salting molecule. This is partially why it can not be smoked. This is also why I can't understand why you add a salt, save stability purposes.

4-ho-dmt is not an acid either, its neutral. VERY lipid indeed.

I believe erowid only has a salt form of 2c-b because the freebase is an oil, and no one wants to play with an oil. To sensitive.

Do not smoke these chemicals... If you get any effect its from the unburnt dust your breathing into your lungs. Just huff some powder instead!

i was under the impression that 4-ho-dmt was an internal salt just as n,n dmt, 5-meo-dmt and other smokeable compounds ect..

and i just have a hard time believing ANYBODY about this, because people have SWORE to me that crystal meth CAN'T be smoked as an hcl salt, but ALL crystal meth is a salt [hcl or carbonate in most teks]

but who knows.
ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONISM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 mdbnkc

mdbnkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted May 24 2010 - 02:29 PM

I followed a tek but can't remember where I found it. I think it was erowid, rhodium or something like that. I never said psilocybin/psilocin were oils, I know they are both crystals in pure form.

i added a either acidic or basic water to the methanol to get the psilly's out of it..again I'm sorry I can't remember my tek to the t. I'm pretty sure I read a few scientific articles that said the psilly's were more soluble in acidic water than basic water, so I may have used the acetic first to pull it from the methanol. I did a lot of research before doing it and it was successful.

I know for a fact you can smoke mushroom extract and trip harder than eating them just no where near as long. this was much more than placebo effects. the exact technique I used to do this I can't really remember but It was simple and very effective. For that reason it makes me believe 4-aco-dmt can be smoked as a freebase as well. believe me or not I will report back next weekend.

#10 Codmouse

Codmouse

• 1,902 posts

Posted May 24 2010 - 07:30 PM

Well, let me know man. I truly would love to know. I have some 4-aco-dmt ready to smoke if I can do that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 The Real Peter Parker

The Real Peter Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted May 24 2010 - 08:06 PM

Damn you dudes don't fuck around lol... the guy's gonna figure how to convert a chemical and all I could figure was how to buy a chemical.

#12 mdbnkc

mdbnkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 08:20 AM

Well, let me know man. I truly would love to know. I have some 4-aco-dmt ready to smoke if I can do that.

will do man. you could be right..freebase might not be active vaporized but I'd just like to know for sure.

and you could convert just about any drug into the form you want it in pretty easily with different acids and bases peter parker..

#13 The Real Peter Parker

The Real Peter Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 08:26 AM

will do man. you could be right..freebase might not be active vaporized but I'd just like to know for sure.

and you could convert just about any drug into the form you want it in pretty easily with different acids and bases peter parker..

Well is it true you buy cocaine you get cocaine HCL and if you buy crack you get cocaine freebase? And I have the thought in my head [don't know where I picked it up] that most pharmaceuticals are hcl salt. It is possible or not to turn any hcl into base using the same method as turning coke into crack?

I'm sure that I could do chemistry if I had to I at least got the math skills but not a lot of the chemical knowledge...

And I hooked up my laptop to a 55" vizio screen sitting with my wireless keyboard across the room this is pretty fuckin unreal the music is just sounding aweome.

"]YouTube- Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe

#14 shermin

shermin

Bazooka Tooth

• Members
  • 3,679 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 09:20 AM

Well is it true you buy cocaine you get cocaine HCL and if you buy crack you get cocaine freebase? And I have the thought in my head [don't know where I picked it up] that most pharmaceuticals are hcl salt. It is possible or not to turn any hcl into base using the same method as turning coke into crack?

I'm sure that I could do chemistry if I had to I at least got the math skills but not a lot of the chemical knowledge...

And I hooked up my laptop to a 55" vizio screen sitting with my wireless keyboard across the room this is pretty fuckin unreal the music is just sounding aweome.

YouTube- Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe

crack isn't just cocaine freebase, it's a simple baking soda concoction. easy and fun to make though.

freebase cocaine is sort of the same idea as freebase dmt, you'd smoke it out of a meth pipe rather than a crack pipe, and it's much higher purity.
ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONISM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 mdbnkc

mdbnkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 10:09 AM

the yellow "butter" is freebase cocaine while the "white crumbly shit" is crack. they just use a different solvent(ether) and base(ammonia) to make the good freebase cocaine.

generally speaking yes you can convert almost any drug you could normally access into its freebase or acidic state. I'm sure there are some drugs that can't be converted so easily too though.

#16 Codmouse

Codmouse

• 1,902 posts

Posted May 25 2010 - 11:17 AM

There are quite a lot of drugs that are unable to be salted. Unless its a primary amine then it would be more difficult. If not impossible, i.e. THC. THC can not be salted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 mdbnkc

mdbnkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted May 26 2010 - 05:24 PM

good example cod. wouldn't thc-acetate be considered a salt of thc even though its an oil?

#18 CrypToka420

CrypToka420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted May 26 2010 - 08:37 PM

hmmm, i cant say i have anything to say about all the chemical changes of things just cause i havent looked into it as much as i would want to. but i know like 4-aco-dmt!!!
it will be nice when i have some nice new encounters with it again.

#19 Royaltramp

Royaltramp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted May 27 2010 - 02:42 AM

Just to add to the topic, making something into a freebase doesn't instantly make it smokeable. I'll give you an example, Ketamine. Ketamine can be smoked as a HCl salt, but smoking it as Freebase is very ineffective.

Anyway, to answer your question, I've heard a couple of people who've tried it and they didn't get very good results, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you want a really powerful but short-lasting experience then try IM or IV. (remember to keep your doses a lot lower than you would with oral consumption)

#20 Codmouse

Codmouse

• 1,902 posts

Posted May 27 2010 - 07:11 AM

THC-acetate is an ester and not a salt. It is also made from a different isomer. Its made from Acetic anhydride, not acetic acid. The same idea as replacing the hydroxyl for an acetoxy (which you can see in the top left of the molecule).

THC

Posted Image

THC-O-acetate (also known as THC acetate)
Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#21 mdbnkc

mdbnkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted May 27 2010 - 05:03 PM

Anyway, to answer your question, I've heard a couple of people who've tried it and they didn't get very good results, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you want a really powerful but short-lasting experience then try IM or IV. (remember to keep your doses a lot lower than you would with oral consumption)

thanks man that's what I was really looking for to deter me from doing it was experience. I might give it a shot to see what the difference is though. I'm not brave enough to IM or IV but the experience sounds amazing.

THC-acetate is an ester and not a salt. It is also made from a different isomer. Its made from Acetic anhydride, not acetic acid. The same idea as replacing the hydroxyl for an acetoxy (which you can see in the top left of the molecule).

THC

Posted Image

THC-O-acetate (also known as THC acetate)
Posted Image

aha thanks for the clear explanation along with the pictures of the structures to clearly see the difference between the two. I remember reading about people smoking it and it's potency a while ago but wondered how it was related to thc specifically.

#22 Codmouse

Codmouse

• 1,902 posts

Posted May 28 2010 - 08:20 AM

I just read your quote of me and I realized I said top left... Its in the top right xD Top of the rightmost benzene ring.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#23 largeamount

largeamount

• 1,328 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 05:58 PM

i have access to this.. has anyone tried smoking it yet?

#24 Voyage

Voyage

Noam Sayin

• Members
  • 4,853 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 08:29 PM

I haven't, don't really have the interest.
“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and — in spite of True Romance magazines — we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely — at least, not all the time — but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don’t see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

#25 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• Members
  • 5,272 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 08:31 PM

interested

#26 Glowstick

Glowstick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 08:43 PM

The vape point of 4 aco dmt and its decomposition point are far to low for this to be done.

Posted ImageMushe, Mushe, Mushe!!

Posted ImageGlOwStIck THiS!

#27 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• Members
  • 5,272 posts

Posted March 30 2012 - 08:46 PM

screw trying to smoke it anyways..dumb

#28 IslandHippie

IslandHippie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted April 01 2012 - 02:29 PM

I think insufflation is the best method to dose this compound :sunny:

#29 jaredfelix

jaredfelix

Namaste ॐ

• Members
  • 5,272 posts

Posted April 01 2012 - 02:40 PM

pm me for trade

#30 guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam

• 16,125 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted April 02 2012 - 04:03 PM

Rectal 4-aco-dmt is a very good ROA as well, I don't have any plans to explore it in the near future but IM/IV 4-aco-DMT sort of intrigues me.
Posted Image