Going to School Barefoot

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by barefootjaime, May 8, 2010.

1. geoman

geoman Member

I was in the science center all the time and had to wear closed toe shoes due to OSHA regulations. No one wants HCl on their toes.

2. PheelinPhishy

PheelinPhishy Member

Aww, walking barefoot! Gotta love it. It was definately not allowed when I was in High School, but that's what's so lovely about long skirts and dresses!

3. Beatbird

Beatbird Member

well, in spring and summer it's alright but in winter it's way too cold to go around barefoot :D in summer, sometimes i go to school barefoot, but i tend to wear sandals or flip-flops... i don't think they mind it in our college, but i haven't seen a lot of people do it, this is Europe by the way and the town is real gross.. dog shit and shards of glass all over the place bleeah

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

in grade and high school, it was a big deal if one even wore sandals. I did, and got teased (Peppermint Patty).
    In college/univesity, I would work in the newspaper office barefoot, or cross the grass, but on hard surfaces? Nope. Too many people spit anywhere.

Now I'm returning to get the education for a new direction, and we are NOT to wear shoes.
    So in my 40s, I get to go to classes (all in one room, granted) in bare or sock feet (temperature dependent), have tai chi and qi gong exercises as part of class, crawl around on cotton mats, and I'm going to get to do this for a living.
    It's good to survive your 20s.

5. Annovie

Annovie Member

Ugh, that sounds disgusting... hahaha! People only should be barefoot when there's grass or sand, not on streets. You can hurt yourself and it's unethical. I do go barefoot after parties! :D

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

....:confused:

Cheers Glen.

7. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Yeah, people who just like to be stupid. Seems like they always attract one another don't they?

8. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

(Though not Skool)
    ((SLOW START))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gh5j8oUoyE"]BAREFOOTIN ROBERT PARKER - YouTube
    In the workplace I tried to go barefootin but I had the "Health and Safety" aspect thrown at me
    I wouldn't mind but they're my feet!

9. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

I take my shoes and socks off under the table but i usually put them on to walk around (Unless i am walking to the printer or the bin)