dreaming about eating mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by darthkacie, Apr 9, 2010.

1. darthkacie

darthkacie crazy diamond

anybody ever do this? do you notice effects in your dream comparable to a real experience?

I've been dreaming about eating mushrooms recurrently for the past month or so. haven't actually eaten any in 7 or so months. usually I wake up a little while past dream-ingestion, but sometimes I don't. when I don't, the dreams take on this weird, circular feel. not really sure how to describe it. strange.

maybe it's a sign that I need another adventure sometime soon. :]

2. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

yea, quite often actually. ill elaborate when after this drunk wears off :D

3. darthkacie

darthkacie crazy diamond

nobody else? I had another of these dreams. I dream-tripped, looked through a telescope of the past and future, got a fleeting feeling of what is, was, always will be. Right before I woke up, had an overwhelming sensation of death. Woke up before the point of fearlessness.

this dream was the most reminiscent of an actual shroom trip of any of the others that I can remember. very strange.

4. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

The most i can relate with you is with what you said regarding "I dream-tripped, looked through a telescope of the past and future, got a fleeting feeling of what is, was, always will be. Right before I woke up, had an overwhelming sensation of death. Woke up before the point of fearlessness."

Not sure that i've ever "dream-tripped" before. But my dreams take on a legit and stunning "real" quality these days. It's difficult to even distinguish between dreaming and waking life these days, and the in-between states of sleep and wakefulness seem to really stick out to me and i get a real sense of "what is, was, and always will be".

Not sure how much this relates, but about once or so every month or two i get these electric shocks that go through my entire body and i can hardly breathe. This happens when i'm half sleep/half awake and i've even experienced voices and/or hallucinations during these episodes and an eerie sense of extreme familiarity. This is the only time where i could legitly say i've experienced exterior voices in my head. Part of my body will simultaneously start tightening up as well. Sometimes i wonder if i'm approaching astral projection or something.

5. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

Also, i thought i might add a very strange phenomenon that takes place as i'm getting close to waking up from sleep.

I will wake up from my dream over and over. But each time i wake up i think i'm actually awake, but i end up finding out that i'm still only actually dreaming. Like in my dream i have a dream about me waking up and turning off my alarm. And it will happen like 5 times in a row before it actually happens for real. It's very strange.

But anyway i don't want to get too off topic from the OP

6. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

chinacat, usually astral projection doesnt include any sort of auditory/visual/mental processes...at least from what i understand and experienced. astral projection comes very natural and easily when your mind is literally blank and you are thinking of NOTHING - pretty hard to do

OP, ive never dreamed of eating or tripping, but i have had dreams of smoking weed and collecting shrooms before. dream tripping sounds pretty intense

7. tixarn1

tixarn1 Member

I dream tripped on acid before I tried it, surprisingly similar to the real deal :S

8. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

Yeah i dreamed of it when i was around 16. I think it was because of my excitement and anxiousness to try out all these different states, and at the time limited access to the actual substances.

9. tixarn1

tixarn1 Member

It's pretty surprising the amount of people who dream about psychedelics, makes me wonder if your brain actually does call out for them

10. L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream

L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream Member

whenever i dream about tripping im always tripping in the dream. I always see blue and purple tint in the entire dream and i feel as if i were tripping too. Dreams are insane

11. Doobie60

Doobie60 Senior Member

I had a dream last night that Prince Phillip gave me mushies, coke, acid coated marshmallow, weed, and ketamine.

12. marblegallery

marblegallery Member

I've taken all sorts of drugs in dreams. One time I took a bunch of acid in a dream and starting tripping so hard I lost control over what was keeping my body on the ground, so I starting flying/floating around uncontrollably. I was thinking to myself "damn,I took way to much, I'm loosing it"