Bible Questions? III

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by OlderWaterBrother, Apr 5, 2010.

1. sathead

sathead Banned

O.K. sorry. I'll back out. My sister claims she's an atheist, and thereby God has no view for the subject. That fallen condition was the resultant controversy for me.

2. Ukr-Cdn

Ukr-Cdn Striving towards holiness

The Anglican Church in Canada and America are also ordaining women to the priesthood an episcopate, but as a Catholic I do not btlieve these are valid ordinations. There are also a number of Anglicans who do not believe these ordinations are valid.

The Catholic arguments for an all male priesthood still stand in the Anglican discussion. The Anglican Communion is turnig into something that doesn't mean much. They gave away too much of the essential of the faith in favour of false ecumenism.

True ecumenism makes provisions, but does not give anything essential away. Look at the Anglican Use provisions for the Catholic Church. They retain their liturgy and some customs, but become Catholic. Look at the Eastern Catholic Churches--they retain their Byzantine liturgies, calendars, customs, but are Catholic.

To me, equality isn't about choice, but about status and value. Women and men have the same status and value before God. Women, it can be argued, have an even greater status because while God has no sex, the one chosen to bring God into the world was a woman.

Christ went against local custom and brought women into his ministry.

This was not clear before, I immediately began speaking about the Catholic and Orthodox Churches, so I can understand the confusion we were having.

God would view them as in a state o sin thinking they can be ordained into the priesthood established by Christ in the Apostles.

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Anglican church is not in the Bible. Men baptize with water. Water always seeks it's lowest level. The Holy Spirit baptizes with fire and the heat rises.

4. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Yeah, I have heard of many male Anglicans who still disagree with females in the church, which was why I wondered whether the Bible said anything about it.

No worries, at times I am not very clear :)

I thought if you sin you need to repent to be accepted into Heaven? So, how would this work?

5. thedope

As we cannot behold the face of god, no more can we see through the eyes of God, but we are told in the bible what God sees. God created man, male and female of like kind, and saw that it was very good. Mans patriarchy made man and woman, woman a lesser form of man. God is lonely without his children, having called them they do not answer, so God appears a tangible voice to gather the disaffected. He was a liar from the beginning, we were swayed by a lying voice that told us we were unworthy. The fall never happened in creation, only as a false witness.
    To what can we compare this generation? We piped for you and you did not dance. We have always been and forever will be under God's grace. The last judgment is the final one that denies this truth.

6. Ukr-Cdn

Well if you are living in a perpetual state of sin (civil divorce and remarried, an openly homosexual relationship, an unrepentant murderer)

This si the same for women who are ordained and continue to profess their (in)valid ordination.

they are not erpentant for their sin. If they stand up tomorrow and say "I never was ordained and I am sorry for pretending to be and for the harm it has caused" and then stop acting like they are ordained, then that is repentance for a perpetual state for sin.

7. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

So are you saying that they wouldn't be accepted into Heaven?

8. Ukr-Cdn

I pray that they would.

We always pray for the dead that God's mercy will find them in the unfortunate case that they died in a state of mortal sin, cut off from God.

9. Ukr-Cdn

If Moses died and was "sleep-dead" and therefore not aware of the living...and Christ is the "first born of the raised", then how did he appear with Jesus and Elijah?

10. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

It was a vision.

11. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

did jesus ever trip on mushrooms?

12. thedope

He didn't say. They said he was a drunk.

13. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

yea but i mean, isnt it kinda obvious?

14. thedope

There are things that could be more obvious then others. Forty day fasts in the wilderness tend to provide a platform for altered consciousness. So does prayer, meditation. With the combination of alcohol, aesthetic deprivation, and meditation, known activities, we needn't really speculate further than to say he enjoyed some altered perspectives. However in the group phenomena of the appearance of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, there is a possibility of a fungal constituent. We have tongues of fire and great roaring rush of wind and unusual speech. In the case of the Buddha however, because of the story that he dis-incorporated by virtue of eating mushrooms, I have my strong suspicions.

15. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

I heard mushrooms don't grow well in a desert...

16. OlderWaterBrother

No.

17. OlderWaterBrother

No.

18. OlderWaterBrother

I was thinking the same thing.

19. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

how do you know some traveler could have sold them to him

20. thedope

There is no biblical information on this subject, period.