sam adams

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by r0llinstoned, Mar 31, 2010.

1. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

wats everyones favorite? ive only tried the boston lager and i was lookin to try somethin new

2. Lafincoyote

Lafincoyote Member

My favorite is the 4 pack of Imperial Stout, which may not be available right now, as I keep looking for it at the stores. The Expresso of beer.

3. TheSongRemainsTheSam

TheSongRemainsTheSam Member

When in doubt, variety pack. Im actually drinking it, right now.

4. High Plaines Drifter

High Plaines Drifter Member

The noble pilsner is awesome. Super hoppy, almost like an IPA.

5. r0llinstoned

which ones come in the variety pack?

6. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

nope. its a hoppy pils but nowhere near atypical for the style

my favorite is Sam Adams Imperial Stout. i have one cellaring for a year in the fridge. gonna crack that next winter.

i also have Sam Adams Triple Bock from 1997 in my fridge. can't wait to try it.

the cream stout and noble pils are really good. i think you get the irish red, coastal wheat, and noble pils with the variety pack? not sure, though.

:xmastree:

7. Corrine

Corrine Member

Always a fan of the Cherry Wheat and Oktoberfest

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

hands down cherry wheat especially if food is involved or your stoned. Consider yourself lucky to live wherever you live if all 3 are combined for that evening.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I bought a 6 pack of Sam Adams a few weeks back. Me and my mate had one each and threw the rest. Pig piss it was.
    Americans, appears they can do almost most things properly except brew beer.

10. neuroptican

neuroptican ...hadouken!

Wow, I used to drink Sam Adams a good amount, I haven't had one in awhile. Their Black Lager is actually really good, one of the better schwartzbiers out there. I also enjoy their Imperial Stout, Cream Stout, and Honey Porter.

11. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

i wouldn't say Sam Adams is a good representation of American beer. That's like saying Newcastle is a representative of English beer.

you're German, aren't you? there's lots of good American breweries that brew good German styles...Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold, Sierra Nevada Kellerweisse, Dogfish Head Festina Peche Berliner Weisse...the list goes on and on

12. dutch

dutch Member

Octoberfest is good, so is the light beer and the Summer Ale

13. r0llinstoned

wow this is one of my earliest known threads :eek:

thanks dutch :)

14. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

I'm actually not a big fan of Sam Adams at all. I think most of it tastes like shit.
    There is one that I tried before that I actually liked. It was a Cherry Wheat or something like that. It wasn't bad.

15. dutch

dutch Member

I had some SA last night and didn't even finish it. It was hoppy, and a bit bitter for a draft. It was their "original" but I had to drink water to get the taste out of my mouth. So, I'm with you hippie

16. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Their 'Noble Pils' is pretty outstanding, IMO.

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

this is hilarious, the 3 you named in your other post are some of the worst, and the boston lager (which i assume is the one you had that is hoppy) is one of the better ones.
    god it is annoying when i see someone say i had a sam adams and act like it represents all american beers. hell saying you had A sam adams dosnt even fully represent sam adams beer, they have over 20 different kinds. anyone that thinks they are all the same is just an ignorant beer drinker.
    in this case though it came from a german so i guess its to be expected since i have yet to have a decent german beer aside from Weihenstephan

18. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

20 kinds? I would say SA makes at least 40-50 different beers -- probably more, though some may be discontinued.

SA is decent macrobrewery aimed at mainstream beer consumers looking for something a little more sophisticated but not too much. Their beers are pretty hit or miss, but on average they're not bad. Some of their brews are actually quite exceptional.

Their 'Boston Lager' beats any of the other American macro lagers hands down.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

over 20 could mean 40 or even 50.
    also its hard to tell which ones will be back since most of their beers seem to be of the seasonal variety.

20. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

So after 3 years, what's your favorite?