Empathogenic Plants?

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by Searching1, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Searching1

Searching1 Member

I have never read any info about Empathogenic plants? are there any?

2. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

3. Searching1

Searching1 Member

i wouldnt call it empathogenic in the way i know empathogens.....the closest i have ever come is with sceletium collected from its home growing zone [when i grew it at home it dint have as gret an effect] it was vaguely empathogenic in the way it made me friendly and connect..otherwise mescaline from san pedro did at times make me feel a fondness for others and objects. nothing was as close to mdma in its effects of empathy and whatever effects i got from sceletium or mescaline was vague and unfocussed

4. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

i feel like lots of plants can potentially be empathogenic, but that dosent mean they always are. like you said, san pedro...ganja can be as well, any psych as well imo.

what does empathogenic even refer to anyway? as far as i can tell its just a term thats been coined to describe mdma. are there anyother examples of empathogenics other than mdma?

5. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

kratom can be very empathetic. Not always, but it has the tendency to make me think people are alright, and conversation flows more easily.

6. Searching1

Searching1 Member

According to wikipedia empathy is...

1. the intellectual identification of the thoughts, feelings, or state of another person
    2. capacity to understand another person's point of view or the result of such understanding

And in the context of this post I am SEARCHING for any possible plant that might have a strong inclination towards the 'connecting' 'heart opening' and euphoric feelings that i have experienced on commercial synthetic empathogens.... I would prefer to ingest aplant rather than a synthetic...

Preferably one that its physical effects didnt over power its mental effects.... cool

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Sassafras Albidium... The empathogen and root cortex was used for brewing love drinks. The oil is used for erotic massage. Do not take more then 100 mg of Sassafras oil..

8. Searching1

Searching1 Member

have you got personal experience with it?

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

with Sassafras Albidium?? yes... But buy the time you make much of it in a tea, It takes alot of drinking to get any feeling, "if" youre in a hurry?.. If your not in a hurry. you can boil it down with a reduction method collect it and then drink it..
    Consuming it over long periods of time can be harmful to the liver and possible other organs.. But as far as we know this could be all hype driven by the medical community to keep people buying their drugs..

10. Searching1

Searching1 Member

i think i have read references about it in Staffords Psychedics Encyclopedia...

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

if your location is south africa. you should be looking for Kanna, Channa, Kougoed (Kauwgoed).aswell. :D

12. Searching1

Searching1 Member

thats sceletium (tortuosum).. i mentioned it already...when i fermented and prepared material collected from its natural growing area it had a very friendly clean almost cocaine like buzz...but when i grew my own and tried using that in exactly the same manner it had hardly any effect... it is not logistically feasable for me or ecologically conscious to harvest in the wild(we would just make it extinct)

13. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

peyote and san pedro are definitely empathogens/entactogens.

hello.... mescaline!

14. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

come on now, lets all take some messssssssssscaline!!

15. Searching1

Searching1 Member

yeah maybe.....but the dose is critical...if you take too much you are godhead hallucinating and more psychedelically charged than being empathically intune....if you take too little you have a coffee buzz...had alot of experience with peyote and san pedro [it isnt illegal here] and wouldnt say its empathogenic in the sense that mdma is ....its a wonderful hallucinogen [san pedro is my favourite plant] with a slight empathogenic aspect to it. i would love to have an empathogenic plant...

suppose its unlikely there is a purely empathogenic plant as the words empathogen and [entactogen] were only coined in the 80's if i am not mistaken...word supply and demand haha

16. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

In my experience even high doses of San Pedro the cactus is working heavily on my heart center, anhata chakra. I feel its a very empathetic substance even in higher doses where the mind is splitting open and its working on the third eye. I have had a very powerful experience during a San Pedro ceremony once. We did a meditation excercise where we looked at a partner across a tealight candle and just accepted with openness whatever we saw. I had such a profound experience in relating to another human being like this. It was an opening of the heart that stunned me in a good way.

Peyote has only brought me feelings of deep connection and familial ties when i sit with my relatives during all night meetings. There is nothing like that feeling when the morning water comes around after a night of singing and the first rays of light make the teepee glow with this energy. That feeling just fills you up till you are bursting with light and goodwill while the water woman speaks to everyone. The Peyote shows you what's really coming from your heart and the heart of everyone in the room at that moment.

17. Searching1

Searching1 Member

Sounds quite amazing to be culturally connected to the plants as you are..of all the plants i have connected with it is the friendliest emotionally.. However to me its psychedelic side can overpower its empathogenic side. .maybe the ritual 'grounds' you more than my unstructured experiences