All Revolutionaries look here!!

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Acid In The Petri Dish, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Acid In The Petri Dish

Acid In The Petri Dish Member

2. alyssalovestheworld

alyssalovestheworld Member

My dad was talking about revolutionaries just the other day. What it was saying there, makes sense. People aren't united the way they once were, like in the sixties. A revolution was needed then but they pretty much were gone with the vietnam war. It's needed even more today and many people feel that way but like that site states we're not united. It's a good start to getting that way, thanks for sharring.

3. Individual

Individual Senior Member

The primary problem encountered in trying to bring about any change is that the same tactic "divide and conquer" must be implemented to achieve the change desired.
    When talking about taxes, government has quite cleverly created a system in which it is easy to provide the great majority that a progressive tax is a means of taxing the wealthiest most and the poorest the least or not at all. In the end all taxes are borne by the consumer.
    eg. I work and have taxes withheld all year, but at the end of the year I get a refund of most or all of the taxes withheld. Should I care if taxes are increased as long as I get most or all of mine back?
    I run a business that has its taxes raised, as long as my product can bear the offsetting cost increase required without affecting sales volume I have no reason to complain.
    Essentially, taxes have little consequence on those at the extremes, poorest and wealthiest, and those in the middle are also easily divided as they are provided loopholes which may allow them to recoup some of their payroll taxes, while not recognizing that they are having to spend more to maintain the same lifestyle.

A flat tax on all consumers being the only source of government revenue would make it very difficult for government to raise taxes as the effect would be applied across the board to rich and poor. So government and politicians are served best by perpetuating the illusion of class warfare to appear as a means of providing for the poor at a cost to the rich and/or corporations.

4. Acid In The Petri Dish

Acid In The Petri Dish Member

That was old news, but here's something: I agree with the divide and conquer routine. It's obvious. It doesn't help when Americans are so individualistic that they need fences to keep everyone away and want to continue the farse of the American dream. That's why I am starting my "commune" to act as a school for those who need to learn more about self-sufficiency and living as one in that way. To me, self-sufficiency doesn't mean to be alone, but to be apart from the establishment.