lsd and wellbutrin (bupoprion)

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by aborge, Mar 9, 2010.

1. aborge

aborge Member

I take 300 mg of wellbutrin daily for depression. I have taken lsd a few times since I stared the medication a couple years back. However, my experiences have been varied.

The one common thing seems to be that generally I am less affected by the lsd than other people who took the same dose. I tried stopping the medication a few days in advance of one of my trips and I think this may have helped, but it is hard to be sure.

I can't find much good info on erowid or elsewhere so it would be cool if anyone had firsthand experience with this they could share with me or any actual science that would point me in the right direction. thanks.

2. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

Ya bupropion or 'wellbutrin' brand..idk ssri's and maoi's are tricky sometimes.
    The major effect of Wellbutrin is inhibiting norepinephrine reuptake and not serotonin reuptake. LSD is both a serotonin antagonist and a serotonin agonist. So basically LSD's net effect is an increase in norepinephrine (as is the net effect of Wellbutrin). You cant overdose on lsd, but its possible to on wellbutrin. Dude just don't take wellbutrin for like 3 days before your trip. I'm sure you'll survive for three days you know.