For Long Term/Married couples

Discussion in 'Sex Polls' started by thesacredkitchen, Mar 7, 2010.

1. thesacredkitchen

thesacredkitchen Member

I often hear men complaining about how they never have sex since they got married. I just want to know how accurate this can be, or are they just exagerating?

2. flowerdude69

flowerdude69 Guest

about 2 times a week sometimes more somtimes less weve been together 25 years

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i never have sex and i'm single.

kakamoon and Slipikins like this.
  4. daveyjones05

daveyjones05 Member

I'm in a long term relationship and we have settled into an exciting sex life but overall a consistent one. We actually have intercourse about twice a week; I give her oral about 5 times a week though, usually at night in bed. The fact she's happy with that means I still have sex more than once a week. Which isn't bad if some of the comments from married folks are anything to go by :)

Mirsman and 6Sailor9 like this.
  5. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

It all depends on moods of course, but assuming I am not lost in my own world, usually 5 or 6 days a week, if not more.

As for 'most' people... well, they generally don't even marry people that are their friends, so it shouldn't be a shock when they drift ever further apart after marriage.

Mirsman likes this.
  6. iriegnome

iriegnome Member

Only been married 2 years, been with her for 4 years and still we have sex at least 3 times a week. My first marriage, we were together for 18 years and we were having sex at least 4 or 5 times a week up until the time I moved out.

Mirsman and kakamoon like this.
  7. Jedite83

Jedite83 Van Dweller

Every other day.

Mirsman likes this.
  8. barefootlocks

barefootlocks Senior Member

We've been married almost a year and we have sex between 2 and 5 times a week. When hubby was working nights we would steal every possible moment to do the dead (up to 9 times a week!!). Buuuuut now that he's working from home and helping out with family stuff even more we're both just pretty tired now....and the kid doesn't go to sleep till like 9:30 now :(

Weekends and sitter nights however are a whole different story ;)

Mirsman likes this.
  9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Although I won't technically be married until August, I've been living with my girlfriend for 1.5 years now and we still have sex often. It really varies depending on what's going on that week, work schedules, etc. I would say we average a couple times/week; some weeks it might be only once, other times it might be daily. Right now she is working 5:30am - 2:00pm shifts, so she is in bed by 8:30 or 9pm every night - it is much harder to have 'spontaneous' sex when you don't go to bed at the same time as each other, but you just have to be aware of that fact and make time for it during other parts of the day.

Mirsman likes this.
  10. barefootlocks

barefootlocks Senior Member

^^ ugh...that's what I miss the most...spontaneous sex. Kinda hard w a 2 yo in the house, but we try.

Oh, and the kid sleeps in our bed. Don't sit on the couch if you come to my house! :D

Mirsman and arizonacook like this.
  11. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

My sex drive is back now, but for a while I thought my man was heading down a sex-starved road and should get out while he was still young

I think some of us ladies are a little more delicate and require a physiological, mental, emotional, balance that can easily be upset
    But srsly, this time last year my man might try to get me naked and I'd just be cozy in my jammies, not in the mood, and politely decline.

If that happens again (like for a period of time, not just sporadically) I'm going to consider it an issue that needs to be dealt with right away. I won't just let it go on for months.

Mirsman likes this.
  12. griffon

griffon Member

Once or twice a day :)
    Should have seen the look on a friends face when one night GF told him I get it at least once a day, usually twice. All I heard from him was "What am I doing wrong" since I don't think he and his wife had the same frequency :)

13. hitman73

hitman73 Member

Im seperated from my ex wife but after 11 years of marriage (together 14) we pretty much had no sex life. Once in 3 months.
    Now im with a great lady and we have plenty of sex.

14. Irish Drunkard

Irish Drunkard Member

Go look at some sexless marriage discussion websites. Experience Project is a good one. A lot of the ones discussing it are wives neglected by husbands. That's not to say that those husbands who get labeled as "deny-ers" by those neglected wives aren't, themselves, complaining about a lack of sex in other places or to other people. In some of those marriages, there is an explicitly stated lack of interest in sex with a spouse. Then, the decision that is discussed is whether or not its worth it to end the marriage and move on.

15. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't think I'm in any way typical, but I've been married for 34 years but we haven't had sex for the last 8 years. My wife has a very low sex drive and I have a very high one. I've had serial mistresses during this time with my wife's approval.

16. sunshine_the_sadist

sunshine_the_sadist Guest

we got married saturday at 5 pm. its wednesday at 11pm. we counted and so far he had came 22 times. gimme an hour, it will be 24 ;)

The Shark likes this.
  17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

actually, a hipforums wedding wouldn't be so bad. Rev JC could officiate...

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

And Orison And GLEN Could Be The Bridesmaids...[​IMG].

BBAD Could Be The Best Man, And Skip Could Be The Maid Of Honour...[​IMG].

What A Recipe For Disaster...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

bachelor party stripper:

[​IMG]

20. The_Phantom

The_Phantom Member

It's been more like twice a year (if I'm very lucky) for quite some time. I'm hoping I'm far better to deal with being celibate in the next life.