The Official Cooking with Marijuana Thread

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Startreken, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

Thanks, I am glad you like the postings. I check it every couple of days. Just in case anyone us asking for specifics.

Here is a regular Hummus Recipe

Ingredients
    4 garlic cloves, minced and then mashed
    2 15-oz cans of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
    2/3 cup of tahini (roasted, not raw)
    1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    Pine nuts (toasted) and parsley (chopped) for garnish
    Method

In a food processor, combine the mashed garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add salt, starting at a half a teaspoon, to taste.

Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley.
    Makes about 3 cups.

Now to kick it up a notch. Before making the Hummus, like the day before or at least two hours before. Warm the tahini and olive oil in a double boiler and then add in about a quarter ounce of fine ground weed. (Like Powder Fine.) Warm over double boiler for about 20 minutes stirring the whole time. Let cool. Then mix as instructed in the original recipe. However, I would add some more olive oil as needed to make sure the mix is consistant. Enjoy.

By the way you can take out some of the garlic and add roasted red peppers. I also like horseradish if you remove all but one clove of garlic.

Quiche is interesting. I would recommend Spinach and Onion. For a 9" pie pan use about an eighth to a quarter of an ounce. Again finely ground. Mix pour and bake. Use any recipie but keep in mind that you will want to use flavors that will hide he taste a little. Make sure there is an aromatic vegetable like onion or garlic. The greens will also help hide the taste.

Now, another way to make these recipies without using the plant matter would involve using a hash oil or honey oil. In those cases I would not use more than a couple of teaspoons for each recipie.

1 person likes this.
  2. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

3. Startreken

This can be done with a home soda maker. It's just a matter of getting the oil or infusing the sugar crystals. However, I would love to try it. Not something I know how to do a 100% but I could figure it out.

4. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

http://iloveweed.net/guides/easy-7-step-cannabutter-recipe

I came across this site which recommends a process for whipping up cannabutter, being as "you da man" when it comes to the kitchen- -does this seems reasonable to you? or do you have a different way- - If you posted it up before >I apologize

Im starting to get into this method of use- -as I mentioned , yrs of cig,ts and god knows what was blowing thru the skies over DaNang yrs ago- but my breathing as I hit my 60,s sometimes becomes labored - -

BTW-------
    So I followed the Hummus recipe,making a few alterations-- - and whadda know- - -came out tasty and the buzz was terrific used hoarse radish and red peppers and took out much(about 3 cloves) ,of the garlic.
    The only thing is, I wouldn't recommend saving the leftover in the fridge for a few days to be used again - even covered perfectly in the correct tupperware , it had a funky aftertaste. So next time I just make enuff- -or make sure all of it is finished - -problem solved- - Not bad for my 1st attempt at anything but brownies- -being retired I think I found the perfect hobby-lol

thanks for your help brother
    JJack

5. Startreken

I don't like this method for a few reasons, taste, quality and time. I prefer to be able to use the butter right away. I don't want to have to wait all night for it to become solid besides the double boiler method is much better and your quailty does not float away in steam. Infused is the way to go.

It's been the accepted method for a long time. So, it does work, I just like my method better. Besides, it takes a lot less herb and you get the same result if not better.

6. chrizt1an

chrizt1an Member

Candy, chips, juices, health products. Please more recepies

7. Startreken

What do you like and how can I make it better? I can write recipes all day. However, I find it best if you can tell me what you are looking to have converted to being with weed.

For chips I can suggest a dip recipe, juices and health products I am not sure what you mean. If you want to make a fruit smoothie I can give you a recipe that can include juices and yogurt but personally I am not sure this product would be that strong.

If you want to make candy, then I suggest you make candy first and then ask for a recipes. The reason I say this is because making candy has specific terms on how to handle sugar properly. This is more food science so I can help if you don't understand but it involves a lot of teaching. If you learn about the stages of candy and how to properly use a thermometer then we can talk more candy recipies. However, let's talk caramel this is not as hard.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups sugar
    1 cup white syrup
    3 cups milk
    6 grams marijuana
    1/4 cup butter
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS

First grind your Marijuana in a blender of as fine as you can in a food processor. Take the Marijuana, Milk, Butter and Vanilla, (you can also wait to add the vanilla for the last stage of cooking) and bring to a simmer. Heat for 10 minutes while stiring lighly with a wisk, then let stand off the heat for 15 minutes. Strain milk solution though a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer to strain out the larger plant materials. Keep in mind this product will have some plant material in it. However, it will be a little green when it's done. Maybe I should give it a green themed name of some kind like Irish Caramel Kisses. Anyway.

Then in another pan heat sugar and syrup in one cup of the "milk", stirring until dissolved. Cook, stirring frequently to firm ball stage. This is one of those food terms.... What this means is that if you were to drop some of this product in cold water and pulled it out it would form a ball in your hand that you could move around.

Example:
    http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/candy/sugar-stages.html

What we are trying to do is reduce the amount of moisture from the product.

Slowly add second cup of milk, repeat cooking process. Add last cup of milk, and salt. cook to 246-248°F on your candy thermometer, or until firm ball stage. Remove from heat. Pour at once into buttered pan then let cool. Place pan in fridge with some wax paper over the top about an hour or so later.

You will be able to cut and serve in another hour. I would cut into squares and then eat one at a time to dertermine dose. Give yourself at least four hours before eating another to see what the effects are or what ever process you use to determin the dose. Enjoy.

8. KingRooster

KingRooster Senior Member

Ive found a recipe for butterscotch lollipops, obviously the butter in with the sugar.... And while Im gonna try my hand at em, I wanna make hard candies in fruit flavors.. I just cant figure out how to get the mj in the sugar..

9. Startreken

Although I have not done this yet myself, my research suggests that due to the fact that sugar is a crystal structure and that most of the properties of THC are also crystal like that if we apply the heat to a batch of sugar, water and weed we should get high with hard candies. So, basicly the first step is to make a batch of sugar syrup that can be added to any hard candy recipie.

The key here is to use more water and reduce the sugar syrup down to a point where we can extract the plant matter from the syrup without removing the good stuff.

So using the example I have listed if we take the 2 cups of sugar, 3/4 cup corn syrup and one cup of water. For our recipie I would increase the amount of water to 2 1/2 cups of water. Add a quarter ounce of ground marijuana. Cook on high and reduce for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then pour thorugh a fine mesh strainer to remove plant material. Continue to reduce the syrup as directed in the recipie. This would work a lot better with keif (about 1.5 grams) or a hash oil. If using an oil then I would use about 2 teaspoons and not add the extra water.

As I said before, making candy is not easy. So, my suggestion is to learn how to make hard candies first. If you can make a successful batch of hard candy then you should try to make an infused batch. You will need to invest in a good thermometer.

Here is a simple recipie for mint candies.

Ingredients
    2 cups white sugar
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup light corn syrup
    1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
    1 drop red food coloring (optional)
    1/8 cup confectioners' sugar
    Directions
    1.In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved; then cook without stirring, lowering the heat and cooking more slowly during the last few minutes, to the hard crack stage (300 degrees F), If sugar crystals form on sides of pan, wipe them off with a damp brush.
    2.Remove from heat, add oil flavoring and enough food coloring to color; stir only to mix. Pour into 2 well buttered 9 inch pans. Set one pan of candy over a sauce pan containing hot water (unless you have a helper to help cut the candy). As soon as the other pan of candy is cool enough to handle, cut it with scissors into 1-inch strips. Then snip the strips into pieces. Work fast. Drop the pieces onto a buttered baking sheet. If the candy cools too quickly, set it on a saucepan over hot water to soften it, but if it gets sticky, return at once to the work counter.
    3.Toss in a small amount of powdered sugar to keep from sticking together. Repeat with the second pan of candy.

10. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

haha- Christmas is coming - a few of these wrapped in a little gause bag with a red ribbon- makes a nice little treat for "special " friends- -

This is way over my skill set though- -I did the Hummus, and it came out nice, but until then I could barely get brownies right**-
    <this site is very helpful<

11. Startreken

Well, if prop 19 does pass in California then who knows. I may open my own place and cook all the time. That is if they ever make it legal in Illinois. I don't want to live in California, nice place to visit and all, but Chicago is my home.

12. 1978

1978 Guest

Loving yr work

13. Startreken

Thanks!

:chef:

14. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

So I made my Canabutter last night and it turned out good. Today I am making the actual brownies. I making brownies using the Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix (my favorite). Do I just substitute the oil for butter? I was going to just go ahead and do it, but I figured I would ask you guys first before I fuck something up.

15. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

I've always used it just as you would normal butter or oil, never noticed any problems with it.

16. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Thanks Tom.

17. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

No problem... I accept brownies as payments you know... ;)

18. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Lol, I will have them shipped right away!

19. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Woohoo, international drug traffiking!! lol

20. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Canna butter, marshmallows, and your favorite dry cereal. On med/low heat melt together canna butter and marshmallows. mix until smooth. Add your favorite dry cereal. mix well.