The Official Cooking with Marijuana Thread

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Startreken, Feb 22, 2010.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

What is the best salad dressing/sauce for eating with cannabis leaf and bud??

Ive tried a few different combos, but I like honey dipped bud, french, vinegar is cool.. buds dipped in Hot sauce is pretty wild too..

2. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

As I understand it's not a good idea to eat raw cannibus leaf due to the small hairs on the leaf it's self. Something about bad for your stomach and throat, causing bleading and such. So I don't recomend a cannibus salad with leafs. However, a regular salad with a honey, bacon and mustard dressing comes to mind.

Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon and Mustard Dressing

1 (10 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
    4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    4 strips crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
    10 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
    1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 large shallot, minced
    1 teaspoon garlic, minced
    1/3 cup white wine vinegar
    1/3 cup Dijon mustard
    1/3 cup honey
    4-6 grams of marijuana bud ground, fine
    2 strips crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
    Place spinach into a large serving bowl, top with hard-cooked eggs, mushrooms, 4 crumbled strips of bacon, Swiss cheese, and almonds.

Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots and garlic, and cook until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add Ground Marijuana Bud and whisk in the vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and 2 crumbled strips of bacon; season to taste with salt and pepper, then cook until hot.
    Pour hot dressing over spinach and toss to coat.

Enjoy.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

ah, yes,, they can be pretty sharp, sometimes sticking to your throat.. Chewing helps. Ive noticed the leafs closer to buds are way sharper then larger fans..
    should note I manicure buds like corn on the cob, I just pinch bud site and gnaw the leaf tips off.. Im not civilized, i know D:

4. Startreken

LOL, nice. Enjoy and let me know what you think of the salad. I love a good spinach salad. I know this one would be good with magic mushrooms instead of regular mushrooms but why push it. That would be a whole other experience.

5. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

6. Startreken

Nice Find Jungle. I was going to put a Marijuana Ice Cream up soon for the summer so this is a good excuse to expand on that idea. Personally, I wanted to have mint flavored or some others as well. When I am ready to type it up it should be interesting. More to come...........

7. lizliz3000

lizliz3000 Guest

Hi, I was wondering...
    if you use 1/8 weed per stick of butter as you said, how many servings of whatever you cook will that make? I.e. how many people should that get pleasantly high?

8. HarryHood83

HarryHood83 Member

9. Startreken

It's usually enough to make a full batch of browines, so that being said, if you cut brownies into 12 pieces and one brownie will make you feel pretty good I would say two brownies a piece will be even better. So, let's say 6 people but Personally I would prefer 4 people.

4 to 6 people. Short Answer.

10. Startreken

Your welcome!

11. Startreken

Plant Head asked me the question:

For making edibles is it suggested to use better weed or is schwag just as good for less money?

My responce:

I would suggest using a good quality but not top. I personally can taste the difference. However, if you are just making brownies use schwag. Some people feel it gives you a headache but I personally don't think they cooked their butter right. If you are cooking something nice then I would go with a better quality. Keep in mind that some brands have a very distictive flavor and smell so think of how it will taste when you smell it. Think of it like any other herb, if you think the smell and flavor of the raw plant will match what you are cooking then use it. Believe it or not it does matter. I personally look for something with a lighter or sweet smelling bud. Sour smells can translate into a citrus like flavor for example.

12. Startreken

Plant Head Follow Up Question.

Thanks, sorry, but it doesn't matter for the quality of the high? Does the quality of the bud translate into as good of high or is quality lost when using heads?

My responce:

You might get a little bit better of a high but the difference is only slight. The quality of the bud is has a lot to do with flavor as swagg is like a more bitter flavor. All I am saying is that if you were to drink a beer let's compare the buzz. If Swagg is like a 3.5 % Budweiser and a nice mid is like a 5% Fosters, both will get you drunk but one taste a little better. Kind of like that. So if you want to spend the money on a better beer you might want to spend the money on a better weed. But you are talking about the level of high that is how I could compare it.

13. Ganjabeliever

Ganjabeliever Advanced Knowledge

I've heard you get higher from putting the weed 'powder' directly into a recipe, in this case brownies. I'm only using a gram and i can't make firecrackers due to the smell. So if someone could please give me a recipe that only calls for a gram cooked directly into the food I would greatly appreciate it.. I'll be cooking within the next 2 hours so if somebody would please tell me ASAP what the best method for the absolute highest high is.

14. Startreken

With a gram I would make a third of a batch of brownies. Easy and fast. Make a cupcake.

Honeyslide. Might work.

You can also just put it in peanut butter, heat the herb with the butter, stir for a bit, like two min microwave, add coco powder to taste and stir until you are happy with the flavor. Hell, spread it on toast. Nutella might also work as an option.

Try that. If you want another option then let me know.

Enjoy responsibly.

15. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just got back from vacation, had some leftover shake I had taken with me, and a friend gave me a cup of wild blueberries he and his kids had picked. So I put 2 & 2 together and made some magic muffins! I ate one the other day and it surpassed my expectations, I was blown away right up until bedtime! Need to share them with my friends!

BTW I just ground it up into powder and threw it into the recipe. Worked out great.

16. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

THC being fat soluble lends itself quite well to everything from cream soups to ice cream and everything in between.
    -----------------------------------------
    Rocky Road * * *
    Makes roughly 24 pieces

Ingredients:

4 cups of marshmallows cut in half
    1 cup of unsalted roasted peanuts (any favorite nut of choice is good – almonds, cashews, macadamia)
    2 ½ cups of milk chocolate chips
    ½ cup of toasted coconut
    ½ cup of glace cherries (omit if you don’t like them or swap them out for soft jelly raspberry candy)
    5 tbsp of Cannabutter

Directions:
    • Grease a 8 inch square tin with 1 tbsp of Cannabutter – leaving 4 tbsp for the rest of recipe
    • Place chocolate into a large microwave safe bowl and heat on medium heat in 30 second bursts stirring until melted.
    • Add 4 tbsp of cannabutter and microwave for 15 seconds until the cannabutter is fully melted and stir into the chocolate until both are well mixed.
    • Pour in marshmallows, peanuts, coconut and glace cherries until all is coated and mixed evenly.
    • Pour onto the prepared pan and chill in fridge until firm. Cut into medium size squares.

This is way too involved for me- but I recently was treated to a couple of squares after a party- -Man-O-Man- **** 4stars
    I asked for the recipe- so I pass it on>>>

17. Startreken

Nice, I do love ice cream.

A lot of people just throw the plant matter into the product, it can work out, it just depends on what you are making. Brownies lend well to this due to the strong flavor of chocolate will help to hide the flavor the the plant matter. Personally, if I were to throw in the straight ganj, I would also grind it up fine. I think I would make zucchini bread.

18. Stoney the bear

Stoney the bear Member

Can you just use weed butter for anything that requires butter? Same with the other sauces?

19. Startreken

Pretty much, but I try to use other things like a sugar glaze to pass on the good stuff so it's not always butter. I also like to use infused Olive Oil or Palm oil. Even Coconut oil are all good to extract the THC into the food product. The ways to eat weed are as varried as the imagination. I have made an entire meal using nothing but weed products. Needless to say I was a little messed but I wanted to see if it was possible.

I could make Hummus with weed in it and you would not know and would think it was a good hummus. Sesame seeds have a 50% fat content and Tahini which is basicly sasame seed peanut butter, a main component of Hummus and is a great way to extract the THC and such from weed. You would then use the Tahini to make the hummus. But you have to use a recipie that uses garlic. Because that is how I like my Hummus.

I have to say that I do love a challange so if anyone wanted to challange me I am sure I could come up with a full on menu to meet the needs.

20. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

I was never big on just throwing in the plant matter into the recipe, but I guess if you grind it up to almost a powder type substance it would be fine
    A zucchini bread sounds good-- The zucchini reminds me ......
    Have ya heard anything on on nice quiche? I love a nice veggie quiche- it seems that you might have a few ideas to make it a little more enjoyable;)
    And yes- -real men do eat quiche- -

Oh- I came back for a easy hummus recipe- It seems I use that stuff on everything- -
    Im currently into this roasted pepper with a touch of lemon and garlic mix- perfect on a cracker or for any kind of spread- -What would be your recommendation to for a killer spread- - I havent really met a hummus spread that I didnt like- but like I said , if we could juice it up a bit w/o losing texture or taste...well now we,re talking

BTW- as I get older, smoking is getting tougher- too many yrs of cigarettes..etc.. so as not to give up something good, I find this site very useful for those of us with smoking/or lung issues-
    nice job keepin it goin
    JJack