Race/Ethnicity/Nationality

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Kannabis King, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Kannabis King

Kannabis King Member

Just curious what everyone is on this forum

Race:Caucasian
    Ethnicity:Hispanic/Latino
    Nationality:American

Born and raised in America my origins from my mothers side go back to Leon,Guanajuato,Mexico and Spain and for my father it goes back to Guerrero Viejo,Mexico and San Ygnacio,Texas which pre Texas revolution was a Mexican Pueblo which was run by settlers from Guerrero which is how my Paternal family came to be. Of course they all came from Spain one way or another this is as far back as ive been able to trace my family orgins

If you know something about your ancestry please share its always interesting to find out peoples orgins

2. ChildInTime

ChildInTime Member

Race:Caucasian
    Ethnicity:Greek/NZ European
    Nationality:KIWI OW!

On my mothers side comes my greek heritage, My grandfather stowed away on a boat to escape the second world war, He landed in New Zealand where he started his family in Temuka. Had about.. 8 kids, one of those happens to be my Ma, And after a few saucy nights with a Kiwi bloke (and a marriage), BAM! There i am.

What a wonderful story

3. hellodreadhead

hellodreadhead Beta as fuck

Race: Caucasian
    Etnicity: English and Welsh.
    Nationality: English

Apparently my Great great Grandad killed a man who accused him of cheating during a game of poker, he then fled to England. Most of the men on my fathers side served in both World Wars they were all miners when not serving and my father was a Navyman in his younger days.
    I don't know anything about my mothers side. I know my dad's always been bitter that he has never had sons to carry on the family name, if I had a relationship with my parents I would have double barrelled my name and any kids I had to keep the name going. I don't know anything else about my ancestry, I'd love to but I don't know names or dates of births. This is a great thread!

4. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

I don't buy this whole "caucasian" business, people from the caucus region look a lot different to your typical northern european whites.

Race: White (see above)
    Ethnicity: Mostly scottish and irish ("celtic" I suppose)
    Nationality: English.

5. phoenixsun

phoenixsun Member

Race: Caucasian
    Ethnicity: Scottish, Irish, English, French (in descending order of 'amount')
    Nationality: Ostrayan! (Australian)

My dad's side of the family came to Australia very early on, AFAIK I'm 6th or 7th generation Australian - which means I probably have some indigenous blood mixed in somewhere along the line too, I've never investigated it though so I don't know for sure.
    Glad that my great-great( X a few more) Grandpa was a bit of a theif, or he'd never have been sent down here and if I was even alive at all I'd be living in the UK, which, whilst I've never been there and I'm sure it has a lot of wonderful stuff I'd love, is simply not Australia, and I love this country more than I'm able to express

6. pandy

pandy Senior Member

race: asian/caucasian frankenstein
    ethnicity: Japanese/Norwegian
    Nationality: american

My greatgreatgreat grandpa came to ellis island from norway way back when. He had no ID, so on the night before they reached ellis island they all had a big party. some poor sucka drank too much and my ancestor stole his identity and got in the country, or so my family tells me.

my mom's side is from Japan. Mom was born there but moved to the states as a child. Before that, my grandparents were in the states around WWII and as children, were forced into the relocation camps in the States. They are both alive still.

Where abouts are you living, Child? I'm traveling around NZ right now.

7. dreadlocksftw

dreadlocksftw Visitor

Race; Bi-racial.
    Ethnicity; Black, German, Danish, miscellaneous others.
    Nationality; Canadian.

My father's side is of African origin. On my grandmother's side, they lived in France as farmers a few hundred years ago. I don't know much about my grandfather's side. I know that my grandparents and their family's had lived in the West Indies for several generations, though.

My mother's side is German and Danish. My grandmother's side were pioneers, they've been in Canada for hundreds of years. My grandfather came to Canada from Germany.

8. ChildInTime

ChildInTime Member

Aaahh awesome, how're you enjoying our wee country? We're a nice bunch of people aye? Nicer than those bloody crazy Ostrayans anyway, Living in Christchurch at moment, its pretty alright place

9. pandy

pandy Senior Member

It's fucking awesome here so far :D

I was just in Christchurch yesterday. I'm working in Akaroa right now, but might be coming back up through Christchurch again when I'm done here in a couple weeks.

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

...........:mad:..........:toetap05:.

Cheers Glen.

11. gretaoto

gretaoto Senior Member

Race: White
    Ethnicity: German, Polish, Italian, Scottish, Czech(?)
    Nationality: American :/

My dad is German/Czech or something like that. His mother was born and raised in Germany and escaped during WW2. She was apparently in a concentration camp and as far as she knows her family died there but she hid under lots of dead bodies and managed to escape. My grandfather and his family have no idea/can't remember anything about there history.

My mom is Polish, Italian, Scottish. Her dad was Polish/Italian. Her mom is Scottish and my great grandma came from Scotland as a little girl. That's about it.

12. Liz6363

Liz6363 Senior Member

Race: Hispanic and Native American

I am Menominee Indian, my Tribe is here in WI, my grandma is 75% and 25% Irish, and married a Texan who was Mexican/Spanish so my mother is both Mexican and Native American.
    My dad's side, he was born in Mexico,I think he said we were Spanish, and French.

So very much Hispanic and Native American, and a tiny bit Irish.

13. ChildInTime

ChildInTime Member

Except for you Glen.. You're the best ;)

I take it back! THE TRUTH HURTS!

14. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Race: Mixed
    Ethnicity: French/armenian/canadian/scottish
    Nationality: Canadian

My dad is half-french and half-armenian, born in Canada. Both his parents left their mutual countries when they were kids to escape war (1915 genocide by Turkey for my armenian grandma, and WW1 for my french grandpa), emigrated to Canada, met there, fell in love, married and had a couple of kids including my dad. My mom is french-canadian (AKA Quebecois) with scottish roots. Her family lives in Canada for a few generations as farmers.

15. SethHasDreads

SethHasDreads Member

Ethnicity: Irish and Bohemian on my mom's side. cherokee indian and english on my dad's side.
    Nationality: American

http://himebaugh.com/jane/hustoles/d217.htm
    that is like a biography about my great grandpa or something.
    i havent read it yet but ive seen my name in it.
    dont know nothing about my dad's side other than ethnicity.
    my mom was divorced from him 4 months before i was born.

16. luv13ug

luv13ug Member

Race: Pacific Islander
    Ethnicity: Filipino
    Nationality: American

Born in the Philippines and moved to America at 3 years old.

17. Scarlette

Scarlette Member

Ethnicity: Polish/Scottish
    Nationality: Canadian

Moms side is polish and perhaps something else.
    Dads side is scottish and perhaps something else.
    lol thats all I really know.

18. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

white
    french cajun
    american

the first man of my family to have the family name was a criminal. got caught robbing a church in france, fled the country and sailed to louisiana, changed his name, and had 6 sons. my family has been french cajun for generations since. and if i marry a greek girl, ill be a disgrace to the family name apparently.

it seems that criminal behavior runs in the family

19. Domikatetrix

Domikatetrix if your naaaaaaaaaaasty

mixed
    mexican spanish danish dutch german english
    american
    i know nothing about my latina side but i have whole fucking book from my dutch one lol
    if u aint dutch u aint much was my great granpas saying lol

20. alaska.greenie

alaska.greenie Member

white
    mostly scotch/irish/dash of swedish & dutch with a bit of native american in me from my mum (you can't tell though, I burn easily and usually stay quite pale lol.
    American though I'm up for moving lol

And my last name is sort of an Americanized Scottish name, cause our family came over during the era of Americans hating Scottish immigrants, so ancestors changed it to seem more "American".