How hard is it for yall to get needles.

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by drew.duluth, Dec 30, 2009.

1. drew.duluth

drew.duluth Member

I am an ex-heroin user and of course my method was IV'ing. I have since quit IV'ing everyday and I broke all my needles so I couldent use. my friends were the only way i could get them, from another town in Georgia. I have used in 3 days now and im of course sick as a dog. I got my hands on a 8mg dilly and I wanted to bang it. So i go to 3 different pharmaceys with a good story dressed clean and as I ask the person I get dined from all 3 places. I live about 20 minutes from Atlanta and georgia does not even have needle laws... what is this you need an insulin RX to get them? First of all its bullshit, and 2nd its unhealth as fuck. Why not let IV users have access to clean needles, no they want to pretend like it does not happen and cause people all over the US to get Hep and AIDS. FUCK THE GOVERNMENT.

Does anyone know GA needles laws or if there are any? And out of curiosity throw up your state and if you have these same type of problems getting your points, or if there is a better way to go about it. Im assuming since I live in the south its just a southern things, but almost nobody IV's down herea as compaired to when I used to live in Boston and Philly. So since its less of a problems shouldent it be easier? I dont think we have needle clinincs here.

2. dabble77

dabble77 Member

Try to look for a 'needle exchange' program and see if anyone has 'donated' any needles for people in your situation. Also, I would try calling more pharmacies. I don't know about GA, but in CA there are certain licensed pharmacies where you can get needles without a prescription on an 'emergency basis' for non diabetic reasons. If they ask, you can tell them you need to drain a cauliflower ear on your brother and don't have health insurance. In, CA, they'll either give them to you, if they are licenced to, or they will ask for an ID and take down some info before giving them to you. Either way, I've found it helps to clean up and not look like an IV drug user. Here they are about $2.00 for a bag of 10. Good luck and shoot clean!!!

3. drew.duluth

drew.duluth Member

Yea I am sure its much easier in Cali. I dont know of any needle exchange programs but ill check. As far as draining coliflower ear, If i used that story at the pharmacey they would laugh and tell me to get his ass to the doctor. Dopes real serious and frowned upon here. The old farts that run this state would rather us share needles and keep reusing them then letting users be healthy. I neither share nor reuse, this is why I have such a problem using... because I do it only the most healthy way possible since IV'ing is serious. Laws on drugs MUST CHANGE!

Nor do I think a 31 gauge 1cc short needle would even be able to drain colifflower ear. Thanks for the advice, id appreciate more.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

http://www.temple.edu/lawschool/phrhcs/map.htm

hope that helps..

5. dabble77

dabble77 Member

Wow... I think I'll stay away from Georgia.

6. drew.duluth

drew.duluth Member

See I cant get any. Yet there it says there is no perscription necessary to get them. So wtf is it. Wouldent the smart thing to do would be to let users have access to clean needles... I guess not.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

not sure how updated that link is. In PA. I was told you didnt need a script.. and others said you do.. one my freinds went to the "Medicine Shop" and brought them No I.D required. Another time "Right Aid" wouldnt give them to him no matter what. :confused:

8. Cirius

Cirius Member

Pa laws require a prescription it sucks. But getting needles is extremely easy and you dont need to leave the home, you can legally order them off the internet pretty much anywhere. Doing it that way you arent stuck with the crappy insulin syringes.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

:cool:.. yeah..

10. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

wrong. the law changed in september

you no longer need a prescription for needles, and as usual you don't need one for insulin

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

she knows .. shes works there.. I can validate that.. :cool:

12. marksup123

marksup123 I'm a girl!

LOL. silly squirrel

13. mindbender62

mindbender62 Member

Massachussetts had a needle exchange. I heard they stopped it. to bad. the aids rate went way down. and that saves tax payers money. if your gonna use a needle ,your gonna use a needle. Its part of the addiction. It IS a sickness! I was sic. I have been clean 6 years now. I would be in trouble if not for the exchange. Needle exchanges save lives.;)

14. dillysforlife

dillysforlife Member

order a 10 pack online. you'll have to wait 3 or 4 days for the package to be shipped to your house. they'll charge you roughly 10 bucks shipping, you'll pay about 15, 16 dollars for 10 insulin syringes, no questions asked .............

or, you can visit the farmers co-op or a tractor supply warehouse and go to the vet supplies aisle. grap a 3 pack of 3 CC rigs with a 22 gauge point for 5 bucks. they'll never question you. if they do, your dog needs a worm shot, and you already have the de-wormer.

15. Poppy Planter

Poppy Planter Member

IN DC all we have to go is go into this needle exchange, they ask you how many you have, you tell them, and can even lie and say you have more bc they won't count (or even handle your dirty needles) then they give you clean ones, sanitized cottons with holes in the middle ( SO BOMB!) , tourniquets, cookers, sterile water, alcohol swabs to clean injection site prior to banging that H, as well as sterile water in these neat little portable tubes and antiobiotic neosporin type cream so you won't end up with track marks everywhere. AND IT'S ALL FREE! NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Best resource ever, if this place was open 30 years ago DC probly wouldnt have the disgustingly high AIDS rate we have today. ALthough I'm sure it'd still be pretty bad...

16. Able

Able Member

I have allergy shots, so i get em by the case. I guess that would be a plus... if i did heroin.

17. OneChordWonders

OneChordWonders Member

my friends mother has diabetes, so she gets needles all the time.
    find someone who takes insulin

18. Tommy Diesel

Tommy Diesel Visitor

In NMJ they finally opened a needle exchange 6 months ago.People use to have to pay 5 bucks for works.And you cant get them at a pharm.New Jersey was the last state to open needle exchange.When i was in N.C ppl told me just ask the pharmacist I was like bullshit so a kid I knew did it.Believe me there is nothing worse thathaving a cooker of dope and your needle breaks it would take 2 hours to find one sometimes more.And N.J has double the heroin addiction of all the states.I thought it was bullshit about the exchange till the day i needed one.It Was great,and now they have a huge bus the kind you travel in and they take 35ppl who signed up 1st And they either get free meth and free suboxone,where was this shit fifteen yrs ago.Also NJ has I think the 3rd highest HIV rate cause needles were so hard to get.I would treat them like porcelin ,making them last 3 months at a time it would be so fuckin dull you would have to push it super hard just to break skin

19. Tommy Diesel

Tommy Diesel Visitor

In NJ not NMJ..i should preread what im typing

20. drew.duluth

drew.duluth Member

Yea down south like here in Georgia like to pretend people dont have a drug problem and just sweep it under the rug. Instead they would rather have more harm done. I figure the way they see it they just want the drug addicts and users to die quicker. I dont understand it. Every single pharmacy asks you for a perscription to get them. It is such a pain. Somehow randomly in other countys people find someone who will sell them because they either dont know not to or realize whats going on and has a heart and uses their brain.