but i can't my mum works 12-4
and says she's not smart enough

#2 Valdis

Valdis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted December 18 2009 - 05:36 PM

How old are you? Do you live in a community that would be safe for you to be home alone? There are self learning things you could do. You'd have to be really motivated. Get The Teenage Liberation Handbook, read it and prepare for a really open discussion with your mom.

#3 vindictive

vindictive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted December 19 2009 - 05:42 AM

How old are you? Do you live in a community that would be safe for you to be home alone? There are self learning things you could do. You'd have to be really motivated. Get The Teenage Liberation Handbook, read it and prepare for a really open discussion with your mom.

I'm 15 yeah i'm home alone a lot
i live in the uk though and you have ask for permission
to get home schooled

#4 Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape

Gavagai?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted December 19 2009 - 09:28 AM

Most places claim you need permission, but it's usually best just to 'inform' the authorities of your intentions rather than actually asking permission. They don't really care, but saying 'can I?' invites them to look into the issue and make a decision, whereas saying 'I am' pressures them to just say 'whatever.' I was homeschooled for a while; that's what my mom did, and what other homeschoolers recommended.

Have sex with a 67 year old prostitute and kill your cat. Quickest way to enlightenment.

its common knowledge that a cock in your mouth is kind of the smoking gun of gayness

Ps: masturbate on LSD with caution.. :D

#5 youfreeme

youfreeme

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts

Posted December 19 2009 - 05:05 PM

Why do you hate school?

#6 Valdis

Valdis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted January 03 2010 - 09:50 PM

Permission from who? Your parents? The school officials?

#7 vindictive

vindictive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted January 04 2010 - 04:11 PM

Permission from who? Your parents? The school officials?

school officials you have to write to them.

#8 Valdis

Valdis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted January 04 2010 - 08:45 PM

So write them.

school officials you have to write to them.

#9 danxdan

danxdan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted January 06 2010 - 06:46 AM

don't get home schooled. It's good to be in school for the experience and to build social skills.
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 vindictive

vindictive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted January 06 2010 - 08:24 AM

don't get home schooled. It's good to be in school for the experience and to build social skills.

no its just makes it worse
i have a social phobia

#11 TheatreMommy

TheatreMommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted March 14 2010 - 04:46 PM

My husband was raised in the UK and had a terrible experience in highschool. He was heavily bullied by students and teachers! Teachers, holy wow that just gets to me... here in Canada I don't think a teacher could get away with what he endured (i.e., "You're never going to pass my class, so I refuse to teach ... you" Said when trying to get into a class... because his parents were deaf and working class).
So, he wound up dropping out at 16 or so, and just working.
If you are having a bad experience and you honestly want to continue learning, then self home schooling is a very good answer for you. Write the council or whomever it is who makes the decision after you do a bit of research. Go into it well armed with information. And there are many resources out there for you... online if not in your community. And remember, you may be in the minority, but you are not alone in your experiences and in your desire to work through them.
With any luck, you can continue to keep something social in your life - to work through your social phobia... but, you know, keep it on a level you're comfortable with for now. Maybe even put some form of social development into your curriculum. Find like minded souls who are less... taxing on you emotionally.

Good luck!

#12 mindtraveling

mindtraveling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted March 14 2010 - 04:57 PM

no its just makes it worse
i have a social phobia

Yeah I was a bit like that when I was your age, but its just part of life my dude live and learn, dont live and run from problems!!:cool:
"Of course I'm crazy, that doesn't mean i'm wrong!"

#13 thetony

thetony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted March 15 2010 - 09:16 PM

education isn't necessarily about social skills.
It's about learning what you need to know in life so that you can get a good job in the future.
...so if homeschooling is the best way for you, then I would go for it. =]
The Tony

We are light.
We are peace.
We are love.
We live as one.

#14 Sunburst

Sunburst

Fairy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted March 17 2010 - 12:40 AM

Also he's 15, not 4- his social skills are probably quite developed and if he doesn't want to sit in a classroom for 8 hours a day surrounded by terrible people (high school can be cruel) then he shouldn't be forced to.

Look into it, brother; get on that phone and start making calls until you can arrange homeschooling or some other alternative for yourself! The process alone will be a great life lesson in independence :)

Posted Image
~*You cannot dance like drunken pixies on the beach
there are land mines berried all over the place...*~

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop