can anyone shed some light on morphine and chitosan?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by CherokeeMist, Oct 25, 2009.

1. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

from what i'm reading, the product chitosan can increase the nasal bioavailability of morphine from 10-15% to just under 60%, which is pretty incredible. here's a link: http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/301/1/391?referer=www.clickfind.com.au

but i can't find information anywhere on WHAT exactly this formulation is supposed to look like. do you swallow a capsule of chitosan and then snort the morphine? or do you have to combine these things in one big pile of powder and snort them at the same time?

if anyone could answer any of these questions i'd really appreciate it, i can't find much info on this anywhere.

2. does2

does2 Member

I have asked this on many boards and never heard a conclusive response.

I think this is something somebody would have try and then post about.

3. CherokeeMist

damn yeah it's such a promising idea, there should be more experimenting with it.

i only have one 30mg morphine tablet in possession and the prospect of getting any more is pretty much non existent, so i don't really have the means to be trying things out. but if i do come into a lot more i'm definitely gonna set a few aside and see what's up.

from what i'm reading it is a little more complicated than just mixing the two and railing them... hmmmmmm...

4. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

cool... never herd of this before... good find

5. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

Feelings 0f U4ia is Back! Banned

Nasal Morphine? *shudders*

Rectal or IV. Otherwise just throw it in the toilet.

6. CherokeeMist

well yeah that was my idea... nasal morphine normally is a complete waste but this article is saying that the BA can be increased from 10-15% to over 60% which i think is definitely worth exploring.

7. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

Interesting. I have never heard of this, but I hate morphine, no matter which way I've tried it. IV feels like...dirty...and snorting made me puke my head off my shoulders for 10 hours off the smallest dose ever. Oral didn't do SHIT, and rectal gave me a tiny tiny body buzz, nothing more. But I am interested in knowing more about this...time to do some research.

Oh yeah, welcome back to me! :p

8. CherokeeMist

yeah morphine wasn't all that great when i plugged it, as far as pills go they're definitely not my first choice. i can't find ANY information about how exactly to prepare this/how to take each substance and if anything else is involved.

and yes, welcome back :)

9. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

10. CherokeeMist

hm well this is still the biggest barrier i've come across:

"Well I have found LOTS of info about chitosan and studies of them using it with MS contin but all the studies ever say is they use a Chitosan-MS Contin solution. So i dunno how they are using it :( I am thinking about getting some of this stuff from my local GNC or Health Food Store but should I snort it or take it orally? Also I can't believe out of all the people on this forum who have done MS contin none of them have tried it with chitosan!!! The study I read said it took nasal bio-availability from 10% to 60-75%!!!!!!!!!!!! but once again I do not know how they are administering the Chitosan."

from that first link.

the articles i'm reading are very nonspecific about how exactly this is done. i'd like to find an in depth description of one of these studies with some time frames, "recipes", any other relevant information, etc.

11. Feelings 0f U4ia is Back!

Mix it with the Morphine into a solution and spray it up the nose? My best guess.

12. StonedAge

StonedAge Member

I would bet on it.

13. polecat

polecat Weerd

hola hipforums, been a while. I know I'm resurrecting a corpse of a thread, but I was doing some chitosan/ms contin research and up popped the purple forum. Anyhoo, I've both chitosan and morphine and was planning on doing some experimenting this evening. My two strategies are to spray up the chit and then do a line of morph or mix both into a syringe and spray up at the same time. Hoping for good results... I'll report back

14. Bluez_Snooze

Bluez_Snooze Member

yeah please do. i read about this awhile back when i was on morphine. morphine worked like shit for me because of its terrible BA, but i'm wondering if the chitosan will have a worthwhile effect.

15. polecat

polecat Weerd

sorry about the slow response.

Anyways, it worked awesome as far as I can tell. Instead of 5 15mg pills each for a decent but light high, my gf and I SPLIT 5 and got high as hell. Basically I put 100mgs of chitosan per 5mL into a syringe. Sprayed 5mL up each nostril (which was nasty), waited a little bit for things to clear out a bit and did a 7.5mg line up each nostril. Kind of an unpleasant method, but seemed worth it.

Also, to be completely I was doing poppy tea as well. It was mediocre but certainly contributed to the high. I've done morphine and poppy together as well but not this particular brand of poppy so that might have contributed to the exceptional high. Did a repeat last night with everything the same and still got a great powerful high. Highly recommend anyone with morphine and an aversion to injection go ahead and try it out because this is the most effective method I've done yet.
    PS)All potentiated with tagemet, tonic, and wgfj.

16. Pillowpantslol

Pillowpantslol Member

Dissolve it in water and shoot it in your butt, 75%+ BA. Very nice.