Paranormal Activity...really scary???

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by bluflame, Oct 24, 2009.

1. ameur_azzouz

ameur_azzouz Guest

. Yeah... I don't close my eyes in the shower.

2. mmg

mmg fish out of water

this movie sucked! what a rip off...

3. bluflame

bluflame Member

Thanks for the feed back guys. idk i'll probably just download it and watch it, with what everyone has said.

4. Twiztid766

Twiztid766 Member

I saw the movie and I have to say i was very disappointed. I found out there were 3 alternate endings. 1 for the internet version of the movie, the theaters, and one for something else. everything else in the movie is the same except for the endings. If you wanna know more about the 3 different endings email me juggalo76698@yahoo.com. I wont tell it on here just because i dont want to ruin it for someone that hast seen it.

5. ghostchildd

ghostchildd Banned

Ok, guess I'm the odd ball here...but this movie scared me like no other...since the excorcist....
    I wasn't expecting that at all...it just kind of built up....

I guess a lot of it depends on what you've been through in real life and or how much you can relate to it....
    To some, this movie was a reflection of ones on nightmares and or fears...to others...it was a spoof....

The theatrical ending horrified me the most...I couldn't even look...the suspense was to much....
    I think it was masterfully done...for a certain niche of viewership....

6. Shale

Shale ~

Uh, is that a bad thing? :confused:

I suck balls and, well, ... rather enjoy it. :drool5:

7. March of the Meanies

March of the Meanies Member

I give this movie mad props. I'm a film major too and I really think they put together quite a creepy flick for the budget.

I think the main reason everyone thought this was bullshit was the fact that Rob Zombie gore-fest type movies desensitized American audiences. People aren't as inclined to step back and process what it'd be like to be in the situation. When she got up and stood over her husband in the middle of the night for 3 hours...I mean, that was pretty damn unsettling. It chilled me, whereas when you watch someones intestines being ripped from their stomachs you immediately say "well psh, obviously its a movie".

That's why people my age tell me Rosemary's Baby was the most boring film they ever watched. Desensitization.

8. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

That happened to me after I saw The Ring movies. I saw the first one, got hooked and watched all the Japanese ones. After that, I was convinced Samara/Sadako was coming out of the drain to get me. :eek:

Same :D

9. Shale

Shale ~

Well, gotta say this movie did affect my thought processes. It set me into the concept that things may go on while we sleep. I didn't realize this until the dead of night in my apartment.

About a month ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with one toe really hurting like I stubbed it on something. I determined that I must have kicked in my sleep and hit the lamp at the foot of my bed. But, niggling in the back of my mind was "or a demon bit my toe."

So, at 4:30 Friday morning I was abruptly awakened by a clammoring noise. It was the lamp, laying across my legs on the bed and the camera that was sitting on a ledge on the lamp was under my covers.

My realistic mind tells me that I obviously kicked the lamp in my sleep, hooking under the shelf, sending it flying across the bed, and the camera fell off and got under the covers when my leg came back down.

Still, my imaginative mind went to the doubt that asked, "how do you know that?" Could it have been some other force that moved the lamp and put the camera under my covers?

Wish I had a video recording me while I sleep.

10. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

This movie scared the shit out of me. I really wasn't expecting it too.

11. mvn

mvn Member

It scared me shitless....a couple nights after I saw it, I woke up with a sore throat and go up to get some water...but the attic was right outside my door...visions of the attic scene made me change my mind, so I basically said 'hell no' and just sucked it up.... Rational? Definitely not, but it didn't matter

I went to see it again in theaters and paid for my brother to go becaue I know he is such a chicken shit...so worth the 10 dollars....At the end, he literally jumped out of his seat...never laughed so hard.

So, yeah I thought it was scary...its also fun to watch with other people

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I didn't buy any of the horror in it.
    Pouring powder onto the floor is just asking to have footprints left. Yep, wow, didn't see that happening. A Ouija board that moved by itself! How original!!
    Clanky noises, closing doors and a chick that sleeps standing up....

13. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

All bullshit aside, I really liked the movie. It was different and did creep me out instead of make me laugh like I do during most horror films. I tend to be more interested in the supernatural type films that say "this is based on truth" or "this could really happen" or whatever. Even if you don't believe in demons and shit, it still makes you wonder.

However, if I didn't know it was directed when I first watched it, it would have made it that much more terrifying. I almost thought it was real until I saw it had alternate endings when I was looking it up on google to watch. The ending(s) made it less plausible, in my opinion.

14. NepKire

NepKire Member

Par of normal activity? lol

I havnt seen this but heard it was laaaame.

15. ghostchildd

ghostchildd Banned

As I watch the film again...I notice they really over load the screen with images of the ladies feet...I never realized how many feet shots of hers, and his (the couples) in this movie...

I'm wondering if the director or camera man had a foot and or leg fetish??

[​IMG] Nice FEET, Smile for the camera FEET...

I think she's barefoot through out the whole movie...and so's the guy...and the camera is always focused on her legs and FEET...[​IMG]

I'll remember this movie more for her legs and feet than I will the ghost...
    And the smackity smack sound they made while she walked across the hardwood floor...

They should re-title it 'Paranormal feet'...:sunny:

16. surreal_charm

surreal_charm Member

i heard it was pretty scary so i'm definitely gonna see it as i am a biiiiiggg fan of horror movies. i don't really care what skeptics say about horror movies coz i enjoy watching horror films. just like someone enjoys watching a comedy film.

17. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Oh yes, this film STILL scares me, every time I watch it. I let it scare me though :)

18. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

If you're going to watch it, ignore the many sequels. They tried way too hard and they are garbage.

19. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

I dunno, I liked the 3rd one...
    If you like these types of movies, try VHS. It's like this meets Creepshow. Original and reasonably spooky. Maybe not quite as scary, but enjoyable. Second one kind of sucks, though. Don't expect the same quality. I'm pretty sure these were made with about half the budget.

20. katkin

katkin Member

I didn't think it was scary, and am not hard to scare. I didn't like the way it was shot and found the cast (especially one in particular) pretty irritating, however, the ending that I saw nearly made up for it, first time I jumped in the whole film, but sooo satisfying!