kratom and kava kava

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by check., Oct 19, 2009.

1. check.

check. Senior Member

just ordered some kava kava... i actually got this instant mix stuff, idk if it'll work as well but i have no idea how much to take... its 4oz total and the website said that was enough for 6 double servings or 12 single servings, but i dont know how much kava kava is in a "double serving" like, should i take more then whats considered a double serving?

and as for kratom i dont know how to take this stuff... i ordered a sample pack which comes with a gram of 8:1 extract resin, a gram of "full-spectrum powdered extract" and theres also 3 grams of 15x powdered extract but the website recommends .5-1g for both samples. so i dont know what like a gram would do of any of them, wouldnt it be stronger with the 15x or something? also how do i prepare it? im assuming maybe tea? idk any help would be appeciated.

2. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

i've only done kava in capsules or as powdered root. it's not that strong, i'd suggest doing a double serving using the directions of the package.

kratom i've never had so i dunno what to tell you about that.

/have you already tried? if so how did you like it?

3. IpsissimusFaustus

IpsissimusFaustus Member

The best way to do kratom is just buckle down and swallow the hideous powder. It causes a few more stomach problems, but it's more intense and it lasts longer. I'd take at least a gram, no matter what strength. Kratom is really best with simply the dried leaf, it always seems stronger that way.

As for kava, I would put in as much powder as you can get to dissolve. Kava is one of my favorite natural highs, but again it's real best with dried root that you then powder and prepare. Capsules are complete shit and the commercial drinks usually aren't much better.

4. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

This.
    Lemons/Limes are your best friend to take away the after taste, just take a slice and suck on it.
    I've only done it once (a gram of 10x) but it was definitely nice. :)

5. Softball

Softball Member

The good thing with kratom extracts is that the small amount you need can be put into a few gelatin capsules to avoid the taste.

The taste of the extracts is notably more disgusting than the straight leaf/powder. When I get Maeng Da or Red Vein I just eat the dose with a spoon and wash it down with some Cocoa-Mint tea, which takes care of the flavor.

Keep in mind that Kratom acts on the opioid receptors, which means it carries the risk of addiction as with an opiate, and there's a cross tolerance. If you're opiate naive, or a user who's kept tolerance low, then you won't need that much. Even a gram of the 15x extract might be too much. I don't know what the LD-50 on kratom alkaloids are, but generally if you take too much you will puke it back up. Still be safe though, start with a small amount, remember that you can always add, but never subtract.

edited to add: Also, one thing to remember for the first time kratom user. When the dose kicks in you'll notice a numbing of your lips and maybe even your tongue. That's normal, so don't think you're poisoned or something.

6. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

People who say kava isn't that strong just aren't getting the right stuff... or not preparing it proper. either one. I've had more effect from kava than kratom actually.

kava capsules are BS. don't bother mixing it with water, but with milk. it tastes a lot better and the kavalactones are lipid-soluble, but not the least bit soluble in water.

7. mastercylinder

mastercylinder Banned

kratom did nothing for me and i tried it 5-6times different types strengths--but pods and salvia worked great---kava-kava was the drink of Hawaiian royalty never had but supposed to be calming and abuse causes skin disfigurement--heavy abuse crocidil skin----this kava stuff is just stuff ive read kratom salvia and pods are personal experiences---let me know if you like kava---i already know i dont like kratom--salvia is to strong for me and pods are great but i love em so cant do em too much as they are addicting

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Both of these substances are great supplements to marijuana. I have only got the liquid extract of kava which is pretty nasty tasting and i took a pretty large dose over the equivalent of 400 mgs. The effects with pot were super relaxation and some slight visual effect not unlike the wavering of objects you may get at the beginning of a mushroom trip but definitely it's own thing. My friend forgot i was in the room with him.

Kratom is also disgusting tasting but it does work with Marijuana well. I forget the dose i took but i was at absolute ease and peace combining it with marijuana and didn't want to move at all. Kratom is interesting to because the first 15-30 minutes of it it feels like a stimulant. It's far better than vicodin not as euphoric as oxycontin though.

9. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

kava + weed is a great mix, IME.

10. farmer dylan

farmer dylan Member

Kratom is great! see if you can get some cheap empty capsules to put it in to avoid the taste

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The milk thing someone mentioned for kava also works for kratom extract powder, it truly is hard stuff to get down. I would go for around 4-5 grams. You will blow through your quantity possibly but it's not addictive enough imo to want to constantly buy it and deal with the horrendous taste. Erowid's doses for kratom are on the lighter end I think, and i would definitely do enough to where you feel it really hit you instead of taking a little and keep dosing to where you get only a mild high.

Like i said with weed Kratom is amazing, i have not smoked weed with oxycontin and I have never done heroin but Kratom and weed mix is better than vicodin and weed in my opinion.

If your don't use kratom in conjuction with weed it's actually a bit different with a stimulant like onset that is pretty interesting but i don't feel the sedation, opiate like effects are quite as strong this way.

12. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

4-5 grams is a lot of extract, thats how much leaf you need for medium effects. I would try 2 grams of 15x, and go from there. make sure you take kratom on an empty stomach. I like it with weed, but weed tends to make me do nothing, whereas kratom is a pretty motivating drug. I guess it depends on if Im trying to just feel good, or get high.