Kratom vs Poppy Tea - migraines

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Xanonimity, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Xanonimity

Xanonimity Member

Which is better for relief?

Would regular use of either cause migraines?

Average 1-2 migraines per week, pain relief sought after a few hours (initial nausea has passed) and required acutely for about 6-8 hours. Moderate pain can continue for 24+ hours.

Recently went to a pain clinic and they were ridiculous, saying migraines are caused by muscle strain recently when migraines have happened since birth.

And, since there is anxiety, no relief could be provided; since mental health isn't 100 %, physical pain can't be treated apparently.

This is why the pharmaceutical route seems unlikely (the Doctor wants 2 weeks of physical therapy which would be pointless).

Would Kratom be safer? I've heard about deaths from poppy tea... Sometimes I don't care if I'm dead though, with all the pain.

2. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

I did not even read your post and I can say Poppy Tea will rock the shit out of Kratom any day in any department.

Poppies have Morphine in them with allot of other goodness.

Poppy tea>kratom

endo story.

3. SuperBartok

SuperBartok Member

Good poopies are hard to find now. I tried several sources late Summer and never found any.

4. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

you gotta go to an organic food store that sells unrinsed poppy seeds... and i've never done kratom but poppy seeds have opium residue which contains, among other opiates, thebaine codeine and morphine. it's even good stuff for recreation if you're into a decent amount of prep work, and i'd imagine it'd be okay for pain relief, though i've never used it for that.

but that really sucks man, you should find another doctor or something, if your migraines are this much of a problem and your doc isn't offering you much, you're perfectly entitled to find someone who's going to actually work for you.

5. NorCaliGreenFiend

NorCaliGreenFiend Senior Member

no, not end of anything. Poppies are typically stronger than kratom in effects and intoxication, and yes they do contain morphine, which is a powerful painkiller. Where they lose points is in the effects on your body. Poppy tea is awful to drink, and unless you purify it (which no one does) it will probably give you cramps and headaches, not to mention the inevitable constipation. kratom is very organic feeling to the body, and doesnt have any after effects Ive ever noticed, having used it some thirty odd times. In the end poppies may be the better tool for curing migraine pain, but they do have a more taxing effects on the body, and are much quicker to addict. Ive never really read into kratom used as pain relief, though, I dont know how useful it could be...

6. T3trahydr0cannab1n0l

T3trahydr0cannab1n0l Member

Well they are a doctor for a reason. Most migraines are caused by muscle strain (not saying that yours are). Physical therapy can be very effective, even if you think it won't be. If you use it with a positive attitude about it and with the "it will help" attitude it will bring relief (speaking from expirience). I have used poppy tea for minor pains (migraines, chronic knee pain, etc) and it works great! Kratom is easier to find nowadays but be careful with which one you buy cuz some are rip offs. And personally the kratom produces a harder to deal with nausea than the tea. Hope you feel better!!!! :cheers2:

7. Xanonimity

Xanonimity Member

Thanks, yea I will probably do the physical therapy and go through with it, I might hope that it would help my neck and back but I doubt it would affect migraines since I've had them forever.

The doctor may be able to help me afterwards, it just takes time and I missed an appointment because of a migraine :/

The tea sounds better since I have IBS issues and some nausea, and the pain is really intense. I bet Whole Foods might have something.

8. ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO Member

yes, end.... tool

9. T3trahydr0cannab1n0l

Cool, trust me it will definately help some. As for the migraines try the tea. I hope you feel better!

10. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

yep whole foods is where i get mine :D

but if yours is anything like mine, you'll have to empty the bulk seeds from a container into a bag. it kinda sucks just pouring out huge amounts of seeds until the bag is completely stuffed.... i always feel really shady and get some strange looks.

11. Xanonimity

Xanonimity Member

Thought you were supposed to use ornamental pods from the whole, not the black seeds food topping...

12. T3trahydr0cannab1n0l

Pods are way better but you can use the seeds as well. It just takes A LOT of seeds if you have a tolerance. But they work. I always find poppy tea to help me ease my WD more then get high. And it works great for a sleep aid lol just look out for sleep apnea...dun dun dun!!