Trends of the 2010s

Discussion in 'The Future' started by The Earth, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

I believe that with the rise of the tea party and the rise of open racism due to Obama being elected, this decade will turn out a lot like the 60s. Not just wishful thinking. This decade will probably be the closest to the sixties that we will see. We will continue to fight for rights, fight racism, and try to fix this nation, even though some will just choose to drop out and try to live simpler lives.

2. Harpo

Harpo Member

(two years later)

So, how's the decade progressing so far?
    Are things turning out the way you thought? Or what?

3. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

Still too early to get a clear picture, I'd say.

4. yovo

yovo Member

I think it will be, as it is already prooving to be, an age of two paradigms.

An age where those who choose to continue living thier day to day lives as falsely contented cattle will see thier numbers increasingly dwindle but the control grid in which they are penned up increasingly sophisticated. Meanwhile those who feel disillusioned will increasingly come to thier senses and begin to ask questions. The multitude of 'anwsers' they will find waiting for them shall continue the rise of chaos and uncertainty. By decades end or sooner these two paradigmes will clash, violently I would expect.

but life will go on; it always has

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

as someone who witnessed the 60s with my own eyes, there are both simularities and differences. we don't have the youth demographic we had going for us in the 60s, and while we do still have racism and other inequalities and prejudices, the demon this time is corporate greed, corruption, and usurpation of the political process. some of the old guys smoking fat cigars are old girls and not all of them are white, so that's progress of a sort, but the back rooms are still filled with the old unhealthy blue haze and people who refuse to lie to themselves about it are agian being beaten and cattle proded in the streets, in the name of all the is doubletalk and an economics of the rich robbing the poor uber alis.