Morning After Pill Vs. Abortion

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by New2Sex, Sep 8, 2009.

1. sobebella

sobebella Member

A woman cannot physically have a period durring pregnacy.
    A period is the destruction of the lining of the womb. If this happens during pregnacy, its an abortion and ends the pregnacy.

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

It can be partial, during an abnormal pregnancy. Don't make any assumptions.

3. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Whatever a doctor would call it, the unknowingly pregnant woman bled when she expected to and in the volumes she expected.

4. Firefox5050

Firefox5050 Members

The Morning After Pill is NOT an abortion. It (if successful) prevents a women becoming impregnated. To abort a pregnancy you have to, you know, already be pregnant...

To those whackos claiming that abortions are bad, murder, or whatever; keep your backwards beliefs based on stories of fictional gods to yourself! If YOU don't think it's right to get an abortion, then don't get one, but DON'T YOU DARE tell others what they should do with their own body! As for the "but you're killing a human" argument, until a baby is born and can live on it's own without it's mother, it is just a part of it's mother's body and nothing more. Thus a women can do whatever she wants/needs to do to her own body and you have NO RIGHT to tell her otherwise.

As a man who has supported a women through the process of an abortion when we had an unplanned pregnancy, the vile filth that say abortions are wrong absolutely make me filled with rage. I will never stand by and let scum attack innocent women who are going through something that is difficult enough already. Oh and if you're like me and happen to get a girl pregnant and you decide together that you need an abortion, the LEAST you can do is be a man about it and support her while she goes through the process, and well after it too. "Men" who impregnate a girl then leave her to get an abortion (or have a child for that matter) on her on own are complete and utter cowards.

4 people like this.
  5. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

Firefox5050, there is no winning by arguing with these zealots. They want o inflict there misguided ideas on everyone and will not listen to any 21st century logic.

6. Firefox5050

Firefox5050 Members

Yeah I know mate. Doesn't mean I will ever be quiet and just let them abuse people over it though :)

7. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

I understand Firefox5050, I just got burned out trying to talk to the "no vaccine" crowd of nutters.

1 person likes this.
  8. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Uh, wrong... some women still bleed during pregnancy. While technically this might not be a menstrual period, it can look and act just like one, and many women who have had this couldn't tell the difference. Each pregnancy is different. Some women have all of the symptoms of being pregnant and some have none.

9. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Oh don't get me started on these zealots who decry abortion but do nothing to help the child after he/she is born and abused by parents who can't take care of it. Or the thousands of homeless teens living on the streets because they were being abused at home.

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

and don't get me started on people who do not mind their own business once again........nothing but slimy little rats, that kind.....

1 person likes this.
  11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Right on, moonglow.

12. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

Hi Annwyn'Bri, You are dead on. Those same zealots who decry abortion have cut funding for women/infants/children at every opportunity. Our princely gubenator Rick Scott is much more concerned with taking care of his friends in business and industry. He ran out of a health care corporation just before they payed a massive settlement to avoid going to court over Medicare Fraud.

1 person likes this.
  13. sobebella

sobebella Member

Not everyone who is against abortion is religious.

At just 3 weeks, tissues begin to form and gender is present (though not determainable from the outside). The average person who is not planning on becoming pregnant is about 6 weeks; a heart beat is established around the 5th week and is beating strong by 6 weeks.

I've not read the bible and don't care to, but this is most certainly life. It is growth. It is a potential person. There are some instances where abortion might be the only option, but to use abortion to rid yourself of an accident you created, as an easy out, is cowerdice. If you aren't responsible enough to do your best to avoid mistakes and to take care of those that slip past your best effort, you shouldn't be having sex. If pregnacy happens, adoption is an option; there are so many people that want to adopt.

14. Firefox5050

Firefox5050 Members

That's true, someone doesn't need to believe in a religion to be complete and utter scum. In fact there are many good and decent people of faith who support women's freedom of choice and don't let their beliefs get in the way of other people's lives. Then there are people like you who don't believe in religion (I assume that's what you mean when you said "I've not read the bible and don't care to") but still, for whatever misguided and fucked up reason, choose to attack women and men like me who have needed to get an abortion.

At under 21 weeks a fetus has no chance of survival outside it's mothers body. None. At 23 weeks the chances of survival are only 10-35%. 25 weeks is getting a bit better at 50-80%, but it's not until over 30 weeks that the survival rate is higher than 95%. It has been ruled in court that the time at which a fetus is deemed to (for legal purposes) have a reasonable chance of survival is at least after 24-28 weeks. The point of all this is that before THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of 21 weeks a fetus is just a part of it's mother's body and nothing more, regardless of what tissues may have developed. Before 21 weeks it is not an individual and cannot live on it's own. Even after 21 weeks there are still many situations where an abortion is entirely reasonable. Of course, the time at which a fetus inside a woman becomes an unborn baby is different for every mother, but 21 weeks is medically considered to be around the minimum. You said it yourself; "this is a potential person." The key word there being POTENTIAL. At just 5-6 weeks a fetus is not even remotely close to being a person.

There are many instances where an abortion is the only option. There are also many instances where an abortion is clearly the most appropriate and/or safest option. I get the sense that you at least agree that abortions for medial reasons where it is the only option are acceptable, so I won't bother arguing that case with you. However, for you to say that abortions are "an easy way out" is nothing short of absolutely abhorrent. If a couple or a single woman comes to the conclusion that their best course of action is to terminate an unplanned pregnancy, then you have NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to tell them that it is the wrong decision to make. Deciding whether or not to go through with a pregnancy is one of the hardest and bravest decisions a person can make, regardless of which course of action is chosen. There are so many logical and totally reasonable situations where getting an abortion is the right thing to do. At the end of the day though, it is up to the couple/woman involved as to what is the best decision FOR THEM, not the best decision for you or anyone else. It's not your decision to make. End of story.

You should be completely and utterly ashamed of yourself for suggesting that strong women and men who make these extremely tough decisions are committing acts of "cowerdice" [sic]. True cowards are scum like you who criticise other people for making these decisions when it is none of your business. It's their life, not yours. If you don't want to get an abortion then don't, but don't you dare tell other people what is the best decisions for them to make in their own lives.

15. MochaMood

MochaMood Member

It's life? So is a tapeworm. A fetus is a parasite. Adoption is hilarious. Do you k ow how many unwanted babies and children already exist, awaiting adoption that will never come? Do you know how traumatizing the foster system is? You go ahead and make the decisions that are right for you, and let others make the decisions that are right for them.

16. leelopez4

leelopez4 Members

morning after pill
    The morning after pill is not AN abortion, no egg would are fertile, its to prevent a maternity from beginning once you've got had sex while not protection. that is why you'll solely use it among forty eight hours of sex, as a result of its seemingly conception would not have occured however. preventing your ovaries from cathartic AN egg and/or sterilisation the liner of your uterus, in order that AN egg cannot implant itself there.
    abortion pill
    abortion pill is a medicine that ends a pregnancy. The medical name for the abortion pill is mifepristone. It works by blocking the hormone progesterone. Without progesterone, the lining of the uterus breaks down and the pregnancy cannot continue.

17. bombera32

bombera32 Members

[SIZE=14pt]Both abortion and the morning after pill (plan B) can have very serious health affects. Of course people immediately think of the worst story they have ever heard but rarely do we hear about the normal, no complication stories. Its just human nature to talk about the bad stuff more than the mundane stuff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Abortion I think is more risky health wise because it is more invasive, and interrupts the pregnancy at a more advanced stage. Of course it depends on the gestation as a longer gestation will be more complicated than say a 6 week gestation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Plan B (morning after pill) uses the bodies natural hormones to trick the body. It essentially tricks the body into thinking its time to start menses, or the period. This is not invasive, and the main side affect is just a heavy painful period. Besides it only works with in forty eight hours of having unprotected sex. So again with the gestation thought, the gestation in this incident is 0, meaning the risk is far less than a longer gestation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]So considering the two types my vote is on abortion being the most risky. Its invasive, can have more serious consequences such as loss of fertility, uterine rupture or a septic infection as it is difficult the fully remove all of the fetus. This is why something called a D&C is often done. A dilation and curettage is a forced dilation of the cervix to allow the scraping and cleansing of the inside of the uterus. It is a major surgery, very painful and the person has to be under full surgery sedation. Having seen many of these procedures done I would use abortion as a last resort![/SIZE]

1 person likes this.
  18. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

bombera32, I find your post above to be reasonable and well thought out. You will be torn apart by the ultraconservative so called "Christians" for your comment but you are on the right track.
    Abortion should be legal, safe and rare.

19. Alice1991

Alice1991 Members

I'd never do abortion, but Plan B pill is not an abortion, I used it for a few times.