Morning After Pill Vs. Abortion

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by New2Sex, Sep 8, 2009.

1. New2Sex

New2Sex Member

2. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

Well my friend almost died after her abortion, so I'll say abortion.

3. New2Sex

New2Sex Member

@ what stage was she in her pregnancy when she had the abortion? :confused:

4. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Probably varies between individuals... Are you looking for someone who has had both?

5. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

2 months, just about.

6. SamanthaHazelEyes

SamanthaHazelEyes Member

I'd say abortion. I've taken the morning after pill before, and I never had any negative side affects at all. I didn't even have the stomach pains, cramping, or nausea I was warned about. Abortion is riskier.

7. death valley

death valley Member

i have a question.......how can i really be sure if my girlfriend is pregnent?i mean shudnt i know tht she is pregnent when she misses her period?or can she get pregnent even if she has her normal period.......sum plzz answer ths question with details ..heheh

8. kathleendemarco

kathleendemarco Guest

abortion, for sure, but i would do neither. but that's just me.

9. PeaceNOTbush

PeaceNOTbush Member

Getting the morning after pill and abortion are two totally different things. The morning after pill only works if it's "the morning after" or up to 48 hours after unprotected sex. So if you're already pregnant plan b won't work... :(

10. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A blood test is needed.
    I've known women who had normal seeming periods for 4 months after they became pregnant.

11. MaxPatlick

MaxPatlick Member

++

to the OP: please, don't have sex until you understand the difference between these things

12. New2Sex

New2Sex Member

lol^ I know the difference...But this topic is rooted from my contemplation of the differences in the negative effects of both un-natural birth control methods.

(I see abortion as a birth control method because it could still deter you from giving BIRTH)

13. PiperStLennon

PiperStLennon Member

i have done both - abortion (once) and taken the morning after pill (twice).

side effects are not just the physical ones. when speaking of abortion, the emotional side effects are much more traumatic than any other. some women that have abortions end up very depressed. some come to terms with it very well (like me), depending on what life factors have been involved in the decision to abort or not.

the morning after pill gave me no side effects whatsoever. no nausea, no cramping. nothing. just that stressful time of waiting until my next period, hoping that the plan B pills worked!

the abortion was half my life ago (at age 16), so i don't remember a whole lot about it, but i do remember being on medication after - antibiotics and a blood clotting med. i had bleeding for a few days after, but no other physical side effects. i knew i wasn't in a place in life where i could successfully raise a child (i was still a child myself), so there was no emotional factor really. yes, i was scared going through it. had never read about the procedure, had never even heard anyone really talk about it before. i also went alone to the clinic and came home alone. nobody knew until after. my friends knew within days. took me years to tell my parents. it was scary, but it had to be done.

14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

That's a shame, two people could have been killed instead of just one!
    Would be so tragic.

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If the morning after pill precludes the sperm and egg from forming a zygote,that should satisfy evangelicals and the catholic church. But it won't. They just don't want people having sex,even though they are going to anyway. Abortion is way more serious,IMO.

16. John B. Powers

John B. Powers Guest

It is just normal for you to experience some side effects while using contraceptives.

17. Jocelyn001

Jocelyn001 Member

Um, this doesn't even make sense.......

They are the same. With the morning after pill, your body just aborts the pregnancy through the administering of chemicals.

Standard abortion, a monster comes in and devours the baby.

18. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Abortion isn't birth control. Birth control is to stop you getting pregnant, not stop you giving birth.

The morning after pill isn't an abortion, no egg would have been fertilised, its to stop a pregnancy from starting after you've had sex without protection. That's why you can only use it within 48 hours of sex, because its likely conception wouldn't have occured yet. preventing your ovaries from releasing an egg and/or altering the lining of your womb, so that an egg can't embed itself there.

It does not cause abortions. And it won't work if you're already pregnant.

19. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Double post

20. Jocelyn001

Jocelyn001 Member

That......... is not completely accurate. And scientists admit they aren't entirely sure how Plan B works anyways. There's a very real chance the chemicals (how do you people feel about what you're subjecting yourself to) make the uterine lining less receptive to the egg. The "egg", I remind you. A zygote. Meaning conception has taken place, meaning it's just at the earliest point of being a human being. I still call it an abortion, semantics, if you must.........