Annie Greensprings, Ripple, Boone's Farm, Cold Duck!

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by skip, Sep 4, 2009.

1. alibaba2010

alibaba2010 Guest

Anybody remember the group called Boone's Farm I saw them once in concert & they were amazing

2. uitar9

uitar9 Member

We usually found that if it had a number in the name it was usually cheap and you usually suffered the next day. Bought it any way-went well with weed and acid though

Hold on-everything went well with weed and acid

3. sanjose

sanjose Member

hanging out with friends. We would each bring a bottle of the .79 c. wine, put ice in a clean pail and each dump our strawberry fields, apple wine, sangria, and make our own sangria. It was delicious. Get high, listen to Santana, K C Sunshine band. In california, the drugstore used to have a coupon for a gallon of either white or red wine. If you brought your own jug [return] it was $1.99. It was good wine and at the time, I thought I had hit the jackpot. I figured it out later, it came to .50 c a quart. Does anyone remember those coupons from the 70's ? I lived in San Jose just off 17 south. Just over the mountain from Santa Cruz. Anyone there in the 70's ?

4. granny_longerhair

granny_longerhair Member

Yep! I lived with my parents in Santa Clara, just off the El Camino, before going away to college. We used to go over the mountains to Santa Cruz a lot. Probably saw you there :)

5. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Boones Farm Wild Mountain Grape made me do really stupid things.

6. Iwearmylovelikeheaven

Iwearmylovelikeheaven Guest

Hello sweet souls...yes its so fun to talk about those cool times in the 70s...yeah it made me smile reading about how we'd use Annie Greensprings in our bongs and drink it out of those leather thingies, passin it around after the joint and blastin the stereo with The Doors or Disraeli Gears or Iron Butterfly...:daisy:

7. Bluze2

Bluze2 Guest

Anyone remember Bali Hai? Haven't had any of that since around 1969.. Good rotgut.

8. placou 1968

placou 1968 Member

when we were drinkin boones farm it was 12 percent alcohol today its only 5 percent, hell it would take a couple cases to work anymore....hey what about.. tj swan, magic moments, mellow nights, im from missouri did good ols tj ever make it out of my little corner of the world?

9. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ago8dP4fFA"]Eddie Harris: The ORIGINAL "COLD DUCK TIME" - YouTube

Stay Brown,
    Rev J

10. Capt Morgan

Capt Morgan Guest

I know, I know, this is an ancient thread, but I just couldn't help but respond. I remember all too well Annie Greensprings' Plum Hollow, and TJ Swan, Strawberry Hill, etc. I guess you could call me an expert on cheap wine and cheap weed....hahaha. Great times back then in spite of the horrendous war that our heros fought. Anyway, I'm getting way to nostaligic. Back then, I didn't have many cares to deal with and it was all about loving and getting high.

Capt. Morgan

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I remember Annie and Boone and Bali Hai was a standby.
    There was also a wine called Pluck, it had a Red Fox on the label and cost $1.00 a bottle. We used to get some black guy named Biz to buy us a case at a time. It was 20% alcohol. I checked the Net and a slang dictionary lists this...

Slang Dictionary
    pluck definition

and plug

1. n.
      wine; cheap wine. (Originally black.) : He buys pluck by the box, yes the box! , You spilled your plug all over my car seat!
    Then there was a beer called Hop n Gator which was a brand put out by Iron City beer, beer mixed with Gator Aid so it was like a cooler.