San Pedro Powder Success!!!

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by ancient powers, Aug 8, 2009.

1. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

For those of you that know some of my work. I have great news. Throw away the chemicals and just get your cactus. The fresh columns of cactus we can order online or harvest out of our personal gardens or some random yard are all you need to start.

This past week I indulged myself in some of my own homegrown San Pedro that I harvested, despined, blended, cooking pot, strainer, 150F oven on a pyrex baking dish, days of drying the cactus mud and hand crumbling, then finally powdering the crushed evaporated cactus juice chunks in the electric coffee grinder, and stored in a small glass vial. Maybe 12in + cutting came out to about a gram or two of evap powder. No measurement taken.

I have sat on that cactus powder for a few months now. This week my wife went out of town to visit mommy. So I decided to take a day off from work to camp and trip all day on cactus powder in the forest. So I camped out the first nite to a full moon rising in the Palomar mountain of San Diego Co. The land of San Pedro, Datura, and Tree tobacco. I needed to test a harmaline/phalaris a extract. I did that wed nite and all I got was positive harmaline vibes with my beers and carne. Phalaris needs chemical testing for alkaloidial content. But its native to my land and I would of loved to discover its power.

Thursday morning after fighting with my DUI breathalizer I went to hike 10 miles in the state park for the first time. After checking in I parked and partook of the cactus powder. The powder was poured in a cup and enough water was used to make the powder into a liquid form. The water was cold and I would recommend warm water or vegetable juice. It went down easy and I chased it hard with fresh water. The taste was a little harsher then the phalaris/harmaline but not as bad a fresh cactus juice straight from the column.

I started the trip on a empty stomach. At a certain point I stopped the hike to take a bite to eat and drink some water. The eating and drinking which was lite, helped aid in the digestion of the cactus powder. The best part for all you guys there was absolutely no nasuea. With doubts of failure I stopped to rest on a large granite boulder to rest and smoke some sativa. As I smoked the two blended and I turned on. I sat there for awhile and was comletely turned on and went down the trail in complete awe.

Now for you newbies. San pedro does not get you high like acid or shrooms. Lets say that if you wold like a clear mind and to see the world clearly as it is. Then San pedro is for you. I feel that hallucinations stem from ego dissolution and meditation. I was on the move constantly which helps clear and ocus my mind. Staying still in one place for long periods of time is meditation.

Im to familiar with the experience to transmit ego changing effects. All I know is that the evap cactus juice powder not only stay during storage but is extremely clean. My recomendation is diluting powder in vegetable juice. It is far less bitter then fresh cactus juice. peace. e

2. BillyX

BillyX Member

So to get the san pedro powder you would cook it up as normal reducing it down on the stove top for a few hours right? From there into the oven, how long would u recommend leaving it in the oven for? And from there you leave it to dry then blend it up?
    Just making sure ive got that right as summer is coming up and im looking fowards to harvesting some of my san pedro & this soudns like a great way to have it as i can store it away and share it with friends when they decide to partake in the experince with me.

Your trip sounds very nice im yet to have the pleasure of tripping in nature, i think i might have to try it out sometime soon!

3. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

No. You must take a fresh 1.5ft column and cut off all the dark green part after cutting off the spines. The skins are blended in a blender and cooked on med heat to turn from foam into liquid. The liquid is the filtered through the baking strainer. Use a spoon to help move the liquid. The juice is then poured onto a large glass baking dish the large and more volume spread out, the quicker the evap. The dish is then cooked at 150F in the oven to reduce the liquid through evaporation. Cactus juice is hard to dry so just get it into a mud and scrape with a fresh razor to a plate and let dry for a few days. you must break up the mud over time with your hand to help speed up the process. The final hard nuggets are then powdered in an electric coffee grinder and stored. The powder is mixed with vegetable juice just enough to make the powder a liquid and chase hard with lots of water. Always drink cactus on an empty stomach and then eat like 45min in to help in digestion.

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I still have to try this, unfortunately I don't have my own place so I can't do any of this. It's interesting that it's not a powerful all consuming tryptamine experience, which makes sense, as it has been described as being closer to MDMA, which makes me think its probably very similar to AMT, a tryptamine which in low doses feels completely like a PEA.

5. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

Ancient Powers I did as you suggested and dried my remaining potion. Didn't get to a powder, more like a tootsie-roll consistency. You're right, no nausea to speak of.
    I consumed it by rolling it into balls and taking them like pills. I got a dose I guess was about 200mgs of mescaline. Three hours in and I was doing good and so I took about a gram of mushrooms. Very good combo, the clarity and feeling of "rightness" the cactus gives combined with the brighter visuals and "circus" character of the mushrooms is very nice to say the least. Will definitely try that combo again with larger doses.
    Mr. Writer you should give the cacti a try. Very clear headed, clean feeling experience.
    As far as how powerful it is, it is gentler than LSD or shrooms, but don't underestimate it, 36" of San Pedro sent me on the most powerful trip I've ever had on anything. :D

6. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

do not underestimate the power of mescalito. it is my opinion most of the san pedro clones in the US are weak that is what accounts for most folks mild experiences. when you extract the alkaloids and can know how much you are taking you would understand that the average 12 inch cutting dose cant be more than 200mgs. at 400-600 mgs mescaline gets more like ayahuasca. intense visions that will seriously blow you away. it is a gentle teacher but it can also be a powerful visionary aid.

i will be sitting with the native american church next weekend so i will be able to draw a comparison between peyote and san pedro experiences.

7. IpsissimusFaustus

IpsissimusFaustus Member

I've done a quite considerable cacti/shroom combo and indeed it is a powerful blend. Achuma cactus was definitely the dominant spirit in the experience, I'd estimate the tea had at least 400mgs of mescaline. Within an hour patterns in white light were fairly vivid behind the eyes, with eyes opened everything got extremely bright. My body felt like it weighed a million pounds from the tea (so any new methods need investigating), but my mind was fluttering in a dreamy nirvana. After about two hours (and well into a strong mescaline trip I knew was still growing), my traveling companion and I shared about five grams of shrooms. Though the tea was causing considerable nausea (it always feels/tastes like my esophagus is coated in soap), once the psilocybin began to break into psilocin, it seemed that light filled my viscera and soon shot to my mind, blowing it away. For the next five hours, time was an incomprehensible distance, and I wrestled with the idea that ALL I had seen had not even taken up half the trip. OEVs were needless to say intense: the texturing on my ceiling swirled and erupted in mandalas, in DNA helices, in vast amalgamations of myriad-colored atoms revealing universal forms beyond anything Plato could've conceived or codified. My front door was immensely fascinating: at one point it grew and shrank and shifted in frame-by-frame vision, and other moments crystal white frost formed over the brown wood-grain while the ceiling above changed into floorboards fluxing between blood-red and white (which for some reason stuck me as very like a ship). Bookshelves and friends faces crinkled Fear and Loathing-style and truly endeared me to the entire psychedelic culture. CEVs I'm sure were beyond anything, but almost exclusively, as soon as my eyes closed so did any semblance of ego or memory or identity. I wanted to interact and explore my surroundings more, but the heaviness made movement unwelcome, and the cacti compelled me to shut my eyes almost as if I were sleepy, and off again into unbelievable (and unmemorable) vistas. Throughout the trip, both travelers drank copious amounts of water, so frequent visits to the bathroom were simultaneously a nuisance and an adventure. Interpreting body signals was extremely difficult, so navigating the channels necessary to release urine took what seemed quite some time. The toilet shrank and wobbled and often flooded amazingly red with the evening sunlight. Pausing at the mirror, I didn't notice the conflicted emotions that usually accompany mirrors and psychedelics. Instead of a flood of past thoughts and ideas about my self-worth, I felt amazed that I was even able to look and comprehend myself in such a way. My skin and long hair often became treelike and ancient, banishing any notion of self-esteem, good or bad. Around 8pm, the shrooms had noticeably worn-off, but the cacti was still subduing normal reality in its characteristic waves, with the same psychedelic flavor as before. This slowly tapered off and--after 1mg of xanax--wholly ended by midnight. I vaguely regret the benzo, but I really didn't think I needed to go any further, as there was really nowhere further to go.

Sorry I got off on a tangent, but this was the most astounding trip of my life, and the cacti/fungi combo is most certainly one deserving of more research. That and cacti is just generally astounding and deserving of more research.

8. thekentist

thekentist Member

Great post! I'm harvesting some next week. I was wondering, what's the MINIMUM boiling time for a successful reduction? Also, would cheesecloth work for straining?

Many thanks friend.

9. IpsissimusFaustus

IpsissimusFaustus Member

Cheesecloth works well but allows some of the finer particulates through.