Writers Forum Suggestion for Posting

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by mystik_lilac, Aug 6, 2009.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I miss her and her stories. I'll say flat -out I'm not a writer,but I do try to organize my words and thoughts when I put something in here. It's not what one says as far as critisizem--it's HOW it's said. I don't give a shit one way or the other,but I'm sure wordsmiths can somehow be constructive when offering critisizm. What good does it do to piss people off?

2. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

In fact, eighty or ninety percent of the posts I find on Writers Forum are simply beneath criticism. I have nothing good to say and I don't say it. (I'm not saying I'm a superior writer either, by the way.)

3. rambleON

rambleON Coup

^Because you are not superior. Your stories are way elementary. Though I enjoy reading a chapter or two of each, never completed an entire one.

4. !!oqia97Qkr6l

!!oqia97Qkr6l Member

Why are my posts being deleted?

I don't care about feedback, and I'm not particularly interested in critique of another's work, especially those which I don't want to read.
    My writing is generally catharsis, or else simple expression..

Why would they be deleted??

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

ยค symbols are characters are not titles..

6. darkus13

darkus13 Member

I don't really mind criticism(of course, calling my poems shit would piss me off, but that's not criticism), but I am aware that other people might feel discouraged by it, so I avoid commenting on pieces I don't particularly like. Oftentimes, that reduces my options on commenting on other people's posts.

7. Jalesto

Jalesto Jalpnoenma

All people are writers. It's in the nature of humans to record events.
    Jal

BJintheUK and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  8. Openmindnoregrets

Openmindnoregrets Members

So to the person above and to all those in this who think that just because it's not to a standard that you see fit it ahouldnt be here? See this is the whole reason why decided to do this and just like oxygen it feels like everywhere you turn negative outcomes are all people are capable of. I would like to say this, I am a person who uses rap as a way to cope with things in my head I can rap some stuff and I sound pretty good but even though I may have a idea in my head that I sound good I wouldn't for the longest time ever let anyone hear me do anything related to music. And it the same with writing or any type of art. Who is one person to tell another what is good especially if you are at a place like this. This is a place for people to be able to express anything they feel about life and not have to fear what the message is going to be waiting for him. I am not a good writer myself but I have progressed by the power of suggestion from others combined with the feedback of everyone I have learned to be comfortable with what I write and I never once said it was a work of art as nobody will say that, but you never know that poetry from someone you don't and that you feel isn't good enough, could be hiding a message that someone is begging to tell people but can't think of a way to do it or doesn't have the skills or knowledge to use words as well as others. Please people just think about it before you type it because this isn't a place where people want negativity constructive critismn is always respected because every has a opinion on everything in life so why would anybody post anything tbat they did for themselves to share to you for anything other than positive remarks or why even judge how good it is and instead why not do what most people post these for really and talk about the piece, try to translate,understand,look through their words and eyes and talk about the piece not talk of the quality

9. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I personally expect them to rake me over the coals for what I write. If it sucks a big wahini, I need to know.

10. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

Nooo! Not Criticism!
    I've had enough of that from publishers.
    Can you tell I write a lot of satire?
    Critics, bring it on.

ZenKarma likes this.
  11. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

do u like what i do

12. Dianne with 2 nn's

Dianne with 2 nn's Members

Would a BDSM themed story be inappropiate here? I don't want to ruffel any feathers here.

Moon Goddess likes this.
  13. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

There is an erotic writing forum where that would be more appropriate but you have to be a supporter to get to it. I checked with Zen and was able to post some of my erotic writing on my blog. I have since changed the permissions on who can see it though.

Dianne with 2 nn's likes this.