• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sw0o0sh

sw0o0sh

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,347 posts

Posted July 26 2009 - 08:23 AM

I'm thinking about trying Ayahuasca some time soon, and I had a few questions. Seems like there's a shit load on it since it's been around for centuries in a religious context and I have no clue where to start. I don't understand the chewing / cooking / mixing, inhibitors.. mmm.

Can anyone give me a basic explanation of what plant material I'd need? What I'd need to mix it with? Is this something that can be legally obtained in America? I know there is laws concerning it in a religious context..

Anyway, if any body could lay this out for me I'd really appreciate it.. I'll attempt to do more research myself to see if I can clear up any cob webs on my understanding for this material...

Thanks in advance.
:cheers2:

#2 36fuckin5

36fuckin5

Alchemycologist

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted July 26 2009 - 11:16 AM

If you check out IAmShaman, they have ayahuasca kits, I believe. It was either them or BBB.
I stared God in the face and asked his name. He tickled from the tips of my toes to the tip of my head. I knew then that it didn't matter.

#3 Xanonimity

Xanonimity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 09:07 PM

I found that, too, I was told no on the kits, I don't know why, maybe it's too easy to make on your own.

http://forums.ayahuasca.com is good but their sub-forum for where to get the legal materials is missing so if anyone had information on the best place to get quality plants that would be helpful.

Either way, those forums have information for you. I found that maybe the best is to go from this:

50 grams of B. caapi (whole vine, not shredded/powdered)
50 grams of P. viridis (Chacruna) .

So the question then is, where to get these materials. From what it sounds like, the brewing is simple enough.

This was the posted brewing method for those ingredients I listed:

white vinegar or cider vinegar
distilled or filtered water
2 STAINLESS STEEL or PYREX Ceramic pots (do not use aluminum.)

1) wrap the caapi in a towel and break it up with a hammer until it is
shredded.

2) In one pot, put in the chacruna, the caapi, a tablespoon of vinegar, and a 2-3 liters
of water.

3) simmer for 2-3 hours or until water level gets low. avoid boiling-
it should be just cool enough not to bubble. Speak your intentions to
the brew as it is brewing; listen to the sounds it makes. do not leave
it unattended; if you need to do something different, turn off the
stove.

4) pouring the brew into a second pot or container, filter through a cloth (eg a t-shirt) until the brew becomes is no longer muddy-colored, probably 4 or 5
times. (an excellent method for easy filtering is to duct tape a
t-shirt over an empty pot, allowing you both hands to pour the brew.
the t-shirt will become quickly clogged, so for each filter you must
use a fresh section of cloth.) If a second pot is available, you can reduce the first wash while continuing with the second two; if not, the succesive washes can be collected and reduced the next day.

druiddream recommends not filtering until all washes have been completed, to ensure that one is filtering the least concentrated brew possible.

only warm or hot ayahuasca will clear up during filtering: cool ayahuasca is naturally a muddier, cloudier liquid.

5) repeat steps 2-5 three times. (As an analogy, what you are doing is similar to successively making three cups of tea with one teabag, combining each of those three cups into one pot, and boiling this down so it fits into one cup.)

7) at this point you will have a pot of reduced, drinkable ayahuasca. each dose should between the size of a standard shot and a cup. (less concentrated brews taste better, but leave you with more to drink.)

420 times has my life been saved. NORML / thc-foundation .org

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dare to do things worthy of imprisonment if you mean to be of consequence - Juvenal

#4 Xanonimity

Xanonimity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted July 31 2009 - 09:22 PM

I found a sticky discussing vendors but if anyone here is aware of a very good quality place, it would be appreciated.

http://forums.ayahua...pic.php?t=18417

What about ayahuasca kits, has anyone had a good experience with them?

At the ayahuasca forums, you can find all the info you need, but here is the general info thread: http://forums.ayahua...pic.php?t=13108
420 times has my life been saved. NORML / thc-foundation .org

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dare to do things worthy of imprisonment if you mean to be of consequence - Juvenal