DMT synthesis via kitchen chemistry

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by DroneLore, May 30, 2009.

1. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Is this possible? I just read an article that said an 8th grade could look up how to synthesize DMT on the internet and do it. My guess is that, being media fucktards, they have no idea what they're talking about and are referring to an extraction. I'm not interested in details, I just want a yes or a no: Is it possible to synthesize DMT using methods like those used to synth methamphetamine, ie: without a proper chemistry background / setup?

2. explorer83

explorer83 Member

Yes, from what I've read it's very simple as it is an extraction and then purification process more than a complete synthesis.

3. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

Not possible to synthesize (edit: I mean with household chemistry)...probably people confused with extraction or being funny.

4. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah, I know that extraction is something that you can learn fairly easy from the internet.

But synthesizing is a lot more complicated. There are websites that tell how to do it, but it's not really a process that you can easily do with household materials.

http://www.dimethyltryptamine.com/synthesis.html

5. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

I know for a fact that one could hypothetically [haha] extract dmt in their kitchen.

no fucken way an eight grader could synthesize it in their kitchen...wait, Sasha Shulgin didn't have a kid did he?

HAHA