i have a problem

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Greengirl, May 20, 2009.

1. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

with my left eye. every know and then it gets swollen and puffed up. well not my eye but my eyelid, right on top of my eyelashes. I can feel my skin all taut and tight and there is a little pain...not strong but obtrusive. every morning it looks like a freaking pancake. when i touch it i can feel it like a protruding line just right above my eyelashes. Sometimes it`s so visible i feel like a clown. anyway i went to a doctor and she told me nothing was wrong...but i am sure something was wrong with her, because there is no way i am imagining this! even my mother told me she can see that clearly the eye is not ok. i am sick of incompetent simulacrums of a doctors. :mad:
    my theory is that this is a blocked tear channel (if this is how i can call it), but i have no idea how to unblock it or whatever, just get rid of this fat eye! occasionally i put cucumber pieces on it, and i put "Visine" but i am starting to believe it does not really work. i am on a verge of total desperation :(.
    not that any of you give a shit about that, but i don`t give a shit that u don`t give a shit so...yeah just wanted to share this shit :rolleyes:

2. rambleON

rambleON Coup

could it be a muscle contraction/spasm around your eye?

3. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

it sounds like a stye. is there any place where it's like there's a pimple or some sort of hard spot that's extra tight and red or painful? if it is a stye, use hot compresses. run a washcloth under water as hot as you can stand it, wring it a little, and then press it to your eye until either it's so hot you can't stand it or it starts to get cool. repeat as long as you can stand it. if it's a stye it'll come to a head and start to get better.

the other thing it could be is pinkeye, but your eye itself would feel irritated and look red, not just the eyelid. my money's on a stye. these often come from an infection in the eyelash follicles... do you change your mascara often? it should be changed every 3-6 months to prevent bacteria from growing. also, never share eye makeup, and always always wash it off at night.

4. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

no freaking idea. i really have no idea how it appeared in the first place. did i contaminated it somehow....i doubt it. there is nothing on the inner side of the eyelid, just on top...more accurate to say inside. even a little blue vein appeared visible.

5. nakedtreehugger

def. sounds like a stye. some people just get them. try the hot compresses. should help at least a little, and even if it doesn't help, it should soothe it. hope it helps!

eye pain/irritation is no fun. neither is having a big puffy eye. :(

6. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

thanks for the advise nakedtreehugger , i`ll definitely try it :):cheers2: i hope it works and i hope its a stye and not something else :piggy:

7. nakedtreehugger

it really sounds like a stye to me. i've seen all kinds of fucked up eye shit, and a stye is the only thing that's really coming to mind. i've had them before, they can get pretty painful. but hot compresses really do help, and eventually they always go away. good luck!

8. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Try sort of Chinese massage therapy on it.Will free up the energy blockage.
    Yeah it sounds like a stye.I noticed on your pic.

Probably nutrition and hydration will help too.

9. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I know eye twitches can develop from lack of sleep, I've had them a lot. In fact I have one at the moment that I just can't seem to shift, I've had it for ages, and what is different about this one is that it seemed to be triggered by external stimilu such as a sharp noise or something brushing past my head. It's as though a part of the left side of my brain is short circuiting somewhere, so naturally I am slightly worried about this, but not enough to lose sleep over, yet.

I'm sure it is nothing Greengirl, maybe just an sinus infection or something. I can understand that you are not entirely convinced by your doctors opinion. IME they are generally very bad listeners doctors, and can be too flippant with their diagnoses sometimes. You got to understand that they are seeing hundreds of patients a week all with different things wrong with them, and most of them are probably hypochondriacs.

If you got a bad feeling about this doctor, I'd ask to see another one. I probably wouldn't trust about 50% of the GPs I've visited in this country, at least.

10. european

european Member

I have allergies. Sometimes one of my eyes will go spaz like you describe. It's no big deal. Could be the reason you were told theres nothing wrong with your eye. Cause theres nothing wrong with mine. It's just an alergy that shows itself in that way only.

course sometimes my eye goes then i get sore skin and blahblah.. nm. good luck.

11. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

well the thing is it stays way too long now. it`s second...don`t know maybe third month and i still can`t get rid of this problem. i still believe its blocked tear channel hahaha :p
    anyway thanks everybody for the advises, much appreciated :)