do you tan nude in backyard , do neighbors bother you?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by pollywifee, May 17, 2009.

1. Marebare

Marebare Member

I keep myself out of the sun.....I live in the tropics and I'm a redhead.....not a clever combination - I do like to go nude - but only by myself in the house.....or with an interested male

2. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

[​IMG]

Your artwork shows you the way: be nude by starlight.
    Plant night-blooming flowers in your secret garden,
    a delightful aroma to bring you joy.

Give your body times of freedom when the sky is dim,
    wear nothing to diminish the sensations upon your skin,
    soft rain, gentle breezes, the silky touch of garden foliage,
    the caress of someone you love.

3. loveromance

loveromance Member

never did this but wanna try

4. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Getting caressed by someone you love?
    I recommend it! (Especially with no clothes in the way).

In case you meant being naked in your own garden on a beautiful evening,
    that too is something you should try.

If you meant tanning nude in the backyard, it is easier to get a tan by daylight than moonlight. :sunny:

My main goal is making vitamin D, but don't mind getting a little tanner to create natural protection for outdoor living and it looks better.

I realize that some people can't tan. Fortunately fair skinned people can make all the vitamin D they need in half the time of swarthy people and be out of the sun long before burning starts.

It really is great to experience nature with your entire body. For a lot of us, our back yards are the most practical way to do this.

5. smoothieUK

smoothieUK Member

Just do it, i've been naked in my garden many times, am overlooked but, the neighbours if they have seen me, havent said anything, this is 2012 not 1912. But i guess in the future when Sharia becomes part of British law i'll have to be careful as they like cutting offending appendages off.

6. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I don't have a back yard as such but I share some land with other freeminded or 'alternative' people. They have no problem with me sitting in the sun nude while reading a book or having lunch. You've really gotta give folks a chance people or often more openminded that you'd think!

7. smoothieUK

smoothieUK Member

Can i come stay with you :sunny:

8. Zebb

Zebb Member

I could never get away with doing this. My neighbors would freak,but before that, my wife would have a stroke. She is absolutely against nudity and just about disowned me when she found out I made my first trip to a clothing optional resort this summer. She was appalled that I would even consider such a thing, even though for years I have talked about how much I need to be naked.

9. hardboy

hardboy Member

I don't think it's your desire to be nude so much as the fact that she feels betrayed or that you are sneaking around behind her back by going to the resort. She might be laboring under a false impression of such places. Maybe you should break through whatever bothers her about them and get to a better place.

10. Zebb

Zebb Member

I never really hid from my wife the fact that I had gone to a nude resort. I simply made a decision to do it, did it, then told her about it when I got home. She was more upset that I went even though I knew she wouldn't like it. In her mind, everyone there was there for one reason, and that was to satisfy some sort of sexual need. I tried to explain to her that that was most definitely not the case, but she didn't really believe me. I have spoken to her about it a few times since then and explained that I just need a place where I can recreate naked. I've explained to her that it's always been that way for me and that I need to do it occasionally, but she still won't budge on her belief that it's very wrong.

It makes it tough for me because deep down I have this need which I want to satisfy, but I also have a wife whom I love and don't want to anger. For me it's a no win situation. I either stay away from the resorts and resent every second of it in order to please her, or I go occasionally and feel good about myself and piss her off. It's pretty obvious that I have to choose the former, but I don't want to.

11. lovely0

lovely0 Member

A post I made in another thread is related to this one... from the "Caught Nude" topic.

So to answer the question, I am lucky my neighbours don't bother me, they are fine with it. They are my only neighbours. My neighbour's husband was doing DIY at one time in our home..he is a retired handyman, and I was having a really long bath..I love long baths, he needed to wash his hands and freshen up after finishing his job and he asked when I will finish, I told him to just go ahead and come in, I said that I don't mind. We chatted for a good 10 mins or so about the job he's done and what's next and so on.. it was comfortable, there was no awkwardness. My neighbours have been here since before I was born so we're more like family.

..Although I regularly relax topless in my garden, but I haven't relaxed *completely nude* in the garden before. I would be curious to try it out sometime :p but I am so far away from home, thousands of kilometres in fact..sigh.

12. smoothieUK

smoothieUK Member

Blimey, where do you live then, thousands of kilometres sounds like the moon :)

13. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

My 21 year old neighbor tans in the nude every once and a while, and it never bothers me. I'm a nude photographer, and as such see nudity all the time. So seeing her nude isn't a big deal or a turn on for me.

For those who suntan nude, if the idea of being seen bothers you, then don't do it or set up some type of barrier to block off unwanted viewers.

14. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

Yep, almost everyday in the warmer months I am either sunbathing or working in the yard naked. Do the neighbors know? Got me. But wouldn't be surprised they know or have even seen me since I'm not as Discreet as I probably should be. Never been approached about it though.

15. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

I often sunbake naked on my balcony which is on the third level, it seems my elderly male neighbour has to busy himself on his balcony when I am on mine. He gets an eyeful for sure.

16. smoothieUK

smoothieUK Member

Next time could you please move more towards the left of the balcony, its difficult to get a good view where i'm standing. Cheers

17. alana2

alana2 Member

We do sunbathe naked both at home and abroad, occasionally we get spotted and cover up a little if necessary.

I remember an incident about 10 years ago, we visited our friend's villa in France and stayed with them for a few days, while we looked at the one's for sale.

Our friend took us to see a neighbour's newly built property to give us an idea of what we could expect and as we walked through into the back garden, we saw a woman lying naked on a sunbed, by the pool.

The woman was about 50 and as we approached her noticed she was very tanned and shaved and she had her legs wide open catching the rays. If it were me with strangers approaching, I would have covered up, but instead she merely looked up at us all and smiled.

Now everyone was staring at her vagina which was oiled and glistening in the hot sun, but she refused to move at all. This is one brazen lady I thought showing absolutely everything to 5 people, 2 of them perfect strangers. That said she looked pretty good for her age, so I guess she thought if you got it flaunt it.

I felt very tempted to ask her why she didn't cover up, but she seemed happy, so I let it go. We talked about it afterwards and were told she sunbathes a lot and perhaps he should have warned us.

piercing02 and jill8 like this.
  18. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

hahahaaaa his wife always seems to spoil his fun...........Harold you better come in NOW

19. freecospirit

freecospirit Member

A comment on Alana2's post

Your comment is very understandable but looking at it from the woman's point of view; she has reached a state of near total naturist Nirvana an attitude which many genuine naturists would like to be able to have.

On a beach which is genuinely clothing optional most of us simply stay put no matter who approaches irrespective of whether they may be clothed or not. Remembering my first beach experience when people walked by I did turn over to shield certain areas from view. It wasn't long before I realised that no one gave a dam so why should I struggle to preserve any modesty. Since than I find that simply being naked, especially in the warm open air is so much more relaxing. I can understand why some people would like to be able to discard clothing in many more places without worrying; I could never be like that though think that it should a human right to choose to be naked with few restrictions.

The lady in her private villa was in her own space and accustomed to sunbathing nude not in the least concerned that hundreds if not thousands of people had seen her naked over the years. One stranger to a naturist is no different to another, friends and family who are non-naturists or not comfortable with your nudity are a totally different matter. But if you are principled and feel that you should be free to be naked in your own garden sunbathing then good luck to you; once the precedent is established most people will accept it. Others may be concentrating on her vagina but that is not her fault; we shouldn't feel that we have to hide or cover up what nature gave us. Mere exposure is not always flaunting

20. smoothman60

smoothman60 Member

i tan in the nude always live out in the country so can be nude all the time no prioring eyes