do you tan nude in backyard , do neighbors bother you?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by pollywifee, May 17, 2009.

1. Todd_99

Todd_99 Member

Why do you suppose your sister was ashamed of you seeing her naked?

Why should it be illegal to be naked in public? Other animals get to be naked in public.

According to Christians, God can see you :)
    Why would your mother be furious with you for being naked in your swimming pool? Is it possible she's afraid you'll urinate in the pool (not knowing that you could just as easily urinate in the pool with swim trunks on).

Is there something us nudists can do about that?

2. Todd_99

Todd_99 Member

Are you aware of any instances of people sunbathing nude who were photographed on Google Earth or Google Maps?

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Only Have The Standard Definition Google Earth, And I

Can See The Big Sheet Of Industrial Rubber I Sunbake

On, And There Is A Blurred Image On It Which I Assume Is Moi...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

4. pacific7101

pacific7101 Guest

I tan nude in my back yard, but I have a 6' fence, so there's pretty good privacy. If anyone sees me, it's because the stretched to see over the fence. That's "peeping" so they can't complain. Makes it nice.

5. clubFKK

clubFKK Member

I used to in the house where I lived previously.
    Now it would be risky. I have really nosy neighbours who have teenage children. Maybe I am not being fair but I suppose some stupid ideas (like taking photos of me) could come to their minds.

6. shytsidun

shytsidun Guest

I sunbathe nude regularly and my neighbors can't see. I have created a small nude tanning patio that provides all the privacy I need. I love nude tanning.

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Careful the spys in the sky dont see ya! (Google earth,etc)

8. Boonedock Love

Boonedock Love Member

To see me in my back yard someone would have to be trying to see me.....I dont think they can really complain if they are having to go out of their way to see me.

9. jm55349

jm55349 Banned

growing up my parents lived on a lake and backyard was semi private it was hard to see anything. i would sunbath nude one day the woman that lived next door walked over to see my parents and they were gone for the day so she walked back and happen to catch me sunbathing she turned and was like oh my sorry i said no big deal. she saw my butt side as i was laying down. i could see she was looking at my butt and it was not a big deal.

10. scnudist

scnudist Guest

If I had a privacy fence, which I hope to one day be able to afford, I would most definitely be nude in my backyard on a regular basis, tanning and otherwise.

The problem with public nudity in the USA is the laws are so varied everywhere you go and the interpretation of those laws are even more varied. Where I'm from, public nudity is defined as being nude and visible from a public right of way, such as a road, park, waterway, sidewalk, etc. So even though I can technically be nude in my yard and not violate the public nudity law as it is written, that doesn't stop someone from complaining and being arrested under some other arbitrary law.

11. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Please don't cheat yourself out of an allover tan by waiting for the money to fence your entire yard. For a fraction of the cost, you can create a screened-in sunning area. Sure, keep saving and planning for the big fence project, but create a sunny alcove first!

12. Mad_Masturbater

Mad_Masturbater Member

In summer I tan and hang out with my friends in the backyard naked whenever we get the chance. Neighbours can't see from there house's except if there looking through holes in the fence, which sometimes we think they are.

13. xangelwingsx

xangelwingsx Member

I don't have a garden but my mum's house has a back garden that is private enough to tan nude in without ever having heard a comment from the neighbours about it.

I've sunbathed nude in friends' gardens without knowing really if the neighbours can see in or not because, hey, they aren't my neighbours and I'm not gonna live my whole life not doing anything I want to on the off chance someone might see.

14. hardboy

hardboy Member

I never wear clothes in our clothing-optional apartment complex. One time I was throwing the ball around the garden yard for my neighbor's dog to chase and burn off some energy when I spied the neighbor next door spying me. He had his back against the fence and was just barely peering over it behind some bushes to get a peek. Hey, if he wanted to look that's up to him, it didn't cramp my style. If they don't like it they don't have to look.

15. ganesha1967

ganesha1967 barefoot bellybearer

Now, that's the real reason behind those silent-running black helicopters... plain old voyeurism!
    :smilielol5:

In lieu of a garden, I go to a nearby park for nude sunbaths. And since it's not illegal to be nude in public when in parks (one thing to really like about Germany), no one really bothers.

Wiggling bare toes,

~*Ganesha*~

16. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Ganesha, the USA needs a little German freedom. We have too many people offended by the body they were born with, too many laws against the body.

However, I am saddened that too many people think that nudity in the park or one's own garden is a bother. We should take better care of our bodies and give them the sun and fresh air they need, all over.

Maybe FKK has become a club for old people, but the idea that gave birth to FKK is forever young. We need a new generation to find their own way to celebrate life in just the skin. We have this in Florida, a club for young people and there is an International Young Naturists club, so I know that the idea of naturism is still young and can be fun for any age.

But for a lot of people being naked in social gatherings may seem a bit daunting, so why not start in your own back yard? Have a sunny place to go natural for your health and pure enjoyment of body freedom.

17. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

Actually I do remember a news story a few years back about a rural town in central Massachusetts which a lot of "leftover hippies" moved to. They were complaining that they got a lot of overflights by police helicopters and said it might be because a lot of the people would be naked around their homes.

Or those same people might have been nervous about what could be seen from the air among their organic vegetables.

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

what he said^^^^, you can get a beach wind guard that would do the trick nicely.

19. loveromance

loveromance Member

cloest nudist