Your favorite guitar

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by area_51, Apr 30, 2009.

1. area_51

area_51 Banned

the tele was the fender i thought was the best..i tried a albert collins model with a paf neck pickup...sounded great

2. psychedelic goddess

psychedelic goddess ♥Messenger of Love♥

I would love a guild hollowbody electric! I think hollowbodys have such a groovy, vintage sound to them

I only have a couple of Alvarez acoustics, six and twelve-string - they've served me faithfully for almost twenty years now :)

3. Toneh717

Toneh717 Member

I am a fan of the Flying V, but personally play and am a fan of Parker Guitars. The body shape is pretty funky and so is the headstock but that's what I like. It's completely unique.

4. area_51

area_51 Banned

parkers are also handmade..the quaily is outstanding..and a great sound as well

5. area_51

area_51 Banned

alvarez makes great guitars. the only hollowbody i had was a gibson es 375.they do have a good sound,but are prone to feedback when played thru a amp.

6. clegg

clegg Member

7. zillagod

zillagod Member

Royale Guitar
    Angel

[​IMG]

Materials
    She has a one piece Mahogany body, Mahogany neck, Ebony head-face and Indian Rosewood fingerboard. She has hand-cut ‘reverse’ V
    Mother-of-Pearl fingerboard markers and Brass Crown head-face logo.
    Her Scale Length is 24 3/4". She has Medium/Heavy gauge Hard, High and high-crowned fret-wire. The neck joint is different from the Champagne V in that the 'heel on the body has been extended under the neck so the joint can be smoothly shaped in to give a more comfortable feel higher up the neck.
    Hardware
    She has a nickel plated Short Maestro Vibrola tremolo, custom nickel plated Grover Imperial machine-heads, Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB (bridge) & SH-2 Jazz (neck) pickups with 'open' black bobbins and black surrounds, LR Baggs T-System Piezo bridge saddles in a nickel plated Nashville Tunomatic bridge, an LR Baggs Control-X onboard pre-amp, separate volume controls with black ‘mirror’ knobs for each of the 3 pickups, 3 way toggle switch for magnetic pickup selection. The piezo and magnetic pickups run to a stereo output jack giving separate outputs for both magnetic and piezo systems. There is NO summed mono output on this guitar to allow both systems to be played through a single amplifier. She can either be used with a mono lead for the Magnetics or with a stereo with the Magnetics and Piezo going to separate amplification. All the electronics are attached to a White Black White laminated scratch-plate.
    Colour
    "Cherry"
    She is sprayed with a Nitrocellulose sealer then a Cherry coloured Ethanol based stain. She is top coated with a 'thin' covering of clear Nitrocellulose lacquer.

8. area_51

area_51 Banned

ive owned 3 v's but that one looks outstanding

9. ghostkitty

ghostkitty Member

zakk kicks ass, so does his bulls eye guitar!

10. area_51

area_51 Banned

indeed it does,his bullseye lp ranks up there with michael schenkers half black half white v

11. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

the nicest one i've played was a gibson 3100 acoustic. i think it was like the 02 or 03 model.

12. noela

noela Members

gibson dove, its gorgeous art on it and the sound is unreal.

13. area_51

area_51 Banned

Both the dove and the hummingbird were great guitars,sounds great and not too overpriced like the later ones were

14. zillagod

zillagod Member

15. Didymus Doppelgänger

Didymus Doppelgänger Misfit Lover

I dont know about models, but my favorite makers are PRS and Gibson

16. mastercylinder

mastercylinder Banned

when i was a dealer i collected guitars--my musician friends played them --my fave was an American made Fender Stratocaster--my secomd fave was a Gibson/Les paul studio recording base---i had a peveay large amp--stolenn from a church with an awesome mixing head --you could make yourself sound like anyone --but like all things material they got sold for drug money---this is 2o years ago and i still miss them--they were art as much as anything else:(

17. samson

samson Hepcat

[​IMG]

alvarez acoustics, six string and 12 string

[​IMG]

1969 Gibson SG - practically plays itself!

[​IMG]

Strat ready to go onstage.... I dont have a close up pic up of my US-made Strat, but i would never part with it!

18. area_51

area_51 Banned

i had a 1970 sg standard with the lyre tailpiece it was banged up,but the sound was incredible

19. opel diamond

opel diamond burn out

Gibson guitars are beautiful and Les Pauls. definatley my favourite eletrics to play.

i love my fender dark purple acoustic though. :)

20. psychedelic goddess

psychedelic goddess ♥Messenger of Love♥

dark purple fender - grooooovy! what do you guys think of ovation? i think they're a bit overrated, as i don't dig the plastic backside....

i knew a guy once with a seagull acoustic - i think it had a much better sound than ovation