Nude friendly states?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Puma concolor, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Puma concolor

Puma concolor Member

I travel around the US quite a bit and as a naturist that is increasingly enjoying this activity, I'm trying to get a handle on which states allow nude sunbathing/swimming and have generally relaxed laws. As far as I can tell, Vermont and California are the two places to be if you're a nudist. Vermont has no stautes against public nudity (although there are some local ordinances) and nudism is generally accepted. California - from what I understand - also by state law allows nude sunbathing so long as it's semi-discreet. I will be there later this year and am looking forward to a visit to a clothing optional hot springs.

Anyplace else that you folks know of? I know nude resorts are always an option but I tend to lean more towards the naturism side of the spectrum. Thanks.

2. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

3. Puma concolor

Puma concolor Member

Hey, that's an awesome link, Amontillado. Thanks for posting it. Also cool 'cuz Oregon is one of the states I hope/plan to visit in the next few years.

Kind of a shame that Hawaii has laws against public nudity but I've read some good things about Kehana Beach on the big island, where I will be visting this year. Great naturist spot that is supposedly left alone by the authorities.

Cheers.

4. caliente

caliente Senior Member

My state, Arizona, is very conservative about nudity, but there are areas administered by the Forest Service where nudity is more or less accepted, even if not 100% legal. Tanque Verde Falls, just outside Tucson, is one.

And depending on how much you want to see and be seen, there's a lot of wilderness where you can do pretty much whatever you want.

Scarecrow13 likes this.
  5. Puma concolor

Puma concolor Member

Thanks for the info on Arizona, caliente. Not necessarily looking to be seen, but no objection to being around/meeting fellow naturists. Seems like the Feds care much less about nudity than state and local governments. Makes sense in a way.

6. caliente

caliente Senior Member

Yeah, I think you're right. The Feds have far more important things to worry about than bare bums out in the boonies.

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc Member

I think Florida is the most nude-friendly. We have several nudist resorts just within a half hour drive of me--not counting all the others throughout Florida.

8. Florida Smoothie

Florida Smoothie Member

Florida also has one legal clothing optional beach, Haulover, one tolerated, Apollo, and one legal topless, South Beach.

9. vasik

vasik Member

EUROPE that is where you wanna be.

10. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

11. fooker691

fooker691 Banned

spain, france , germany, greece

12. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Georgia USA has several private naturist places (See http://www.aanr.com/regions_clubs_clubs.html
    In the mountains (Chattahoochee National Forest) nudity is officially forbidden in public places, but if you are well off the trails, a little skinny dipping or sun bathing is not gonna get you locked up in the unlikely event you are seen.
    Same with Cumberland Island National Seashore. Go way north to the wilderness part of the island and you will probably find times when the beaches or woods are secluded enough for nudity.

13. shytsidun

shytsidun Guest

I travel as well and was hoping to find reasonably priced venues while travelling to enjoy clothes free time.

14. WagTV

WagTV Guest

TV Company seeks nudist who is turning their back on their career to open a nudist resort in the US.
    Or maybe you have opened a US based nudist resort and are finding the neighbours don’t want you around?
    We’re looking for fun loving, loud characters who would like to be involved in a new TV series.
    Please contact nhenry@wagtv.com by Friday 18th October.

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

OK......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

16. granny_longerhair

granny_longerhair Member

And most everything else, too .. lol

There are a few surprising pockets of liberal thinking, however. Here in Tucson, if you live near the university, like I do, people are a lot more liberal. Also, the little town of Bisbee, southeast of Tucson, is kinda like our own little Berkeley.

Tanque Verde Falls has been a nude swimming hole and sunning spot for many years. We used to go fairly often, but now, unless they build an elevator down into the canyon, my days of nude sunbathing there are over.

Including some beautiful areas just minutes from downtown Tucson :)

17. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Ah, wait up there , granny. What does naturism have to do with left wing diatribe? The desire to roam nude ; for discreet outdoor activity is Liberty based. Left wing ideaology promotes control ,legislation ,regulation , and government coercion. The least of which would be welcome in a sans textile environment.

18. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

There's theory and then there are the facts, namely where you can go naked and not go to jail for it, as opposed to just talking.

The places where you actually can get your clothes off and not suffer for it are the ones with the left-wing "idealogy"--places like Oregon and Vermont. In fact, one of Vermont's senators, Patrick Leahy, wrote a memo back when he was a district attorney in the 1970s, where he told law enforcement people to basically leave nudists alone:
    http://ledges.dimentech.com/memo.html

Think we'll ever see anything like that from a Republican? Not too likely, is it.

19. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Who said anything about republicants?

Pat Leahy @ nude beach. Hmmmmm