Casual Family Nudity

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Elaine555, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Elaine555

Elaine555 Member

I'm sorry this thread has taken a completely different path from what I intended. It was never my intention to discuss erection to such a degree.

My philosophy has been greatly influenced by a book I read many years ago called "The Naked Child: Growing up without Shame". I fully agree with the book, that children should grow up without ANY hint of shame about their body, and that nudity should be completely natural and matter-or-fact.

It's true that nudity has nothing to do with sex. By the same token, nudity has nothing not to do with sex. Just as clothed people talk and think sex from time to time, so must nude people. If you consciously and artificially exclude any reference to sex just because you're nude, then you are not naturally nude, you practice nudity as a fad. To me nudity is neither a cool thing, nor a hip thing, nor a fad, nor a hobby. It's just living.

Please read the review below of the book I mentioned above. It's not my words, but I agree with every word.

- start of review -
    A Bombshell of a Read! - The Naked Child: Growing up Without Shame.
    This book's a bombshell! It's the first (five year) study into the effects of social nudity (they use this word purposefully, for many of the people surveyed were raised in a clothing-optional environment but never were into nudism per se) on children growing up. I anticipated some good reading and to say I wasn't disappointed, would be a gross understatement.

This is a compelling book. Here is a carefully constructed survey that puts down in black-and-white the facts about children who grew up within nudism/naturism.

What The Naked Child has to say about the prevalent thinking about nudity in our society regarding the rearing of children is telling. The author also gives a brief history of clothing taboos as well - very informative and edifying.

A great deal of the content is given over to interviews with children reared in clothing-optional homes and covered such topics as attitudes toward nudity, sexual histories and predilections and relationships with parents. Many probing, frank questions were asked of each respondent to get a feel for each person's unique experiences.

As far as I'm concerned, this book is powerful stuff and a key book in any library. Though the authors freely admit that it only scratches the surface of the subject, the material covered already trashes the so-called "experts" unfounded, unverified suppositions that nudity around kids is inherently harmful.

If you've been looking for information to counter the prattling of doctors, teachers, church leaders, parents and relatives against raising kids in a socially nude environment, this book's the one to read. You'll thank yourself for taking the time. Trust me on this - you won't be disappointed.

- end of review -

2. curious78

curious78 Member

Thanks... at $100.00 a copy I'm going to have to keep searching for one..

3. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

no offense, but i'm glad i'm not in your family. that'd suck to see my parents and sisters naked all day. but i'm not in your family...so please invite me over. :)

Alonso376 likes this.
  4. ashleylove

ashleylove Member

my family is somewhat the same. my dad is usually in shorts, my mom in underwear and a bra, and i'm usually either naked or in just a tshirt. :)

Alonso376 and bry75 like this.
  5. Elaine555

Elaine555 Member

ashleylove: How old are you? Do you have any siblings in the house who also go naked? None of my kids have any problem being nude in front of me, but there are some dynamics going on between them which I'm trying to understand.

Alonso376 and bry75 like this.
  6. ashleylove

ashleylove Member

i'm the only kid still at home. and i'm 17. there are kids younger than me, but they live with their dad. although, some friends and other family have caught on to our trend and they tend to strip down when they come over. my boyfriend really enjoys it because my parents don't care about us seeing each other naked or fucking right in front of them. hahaha.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Your Certainly A "Class Act", Aren't You..??.:(

Cheers Glen..

8. Elaine555

Elaine555 Member

ashley: Is this for real? If so, your parents are a lot more broadminded than I am. And I thought I was in favor of free love! I never even let me girls have sex before they turned 18 (except oral sex which they started much earlier). What's a typical day at your home like?

9. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I've known of parents with teenage children who allow boyfriends and girlfriends to stay the night, but any sex is behind closed doors.

10. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

you're kidding, don't you? I think it's great that you live in a wideminded family accepting you and your (boy)friends going bare. Up to a certain degree i could experience similar things. But i never had nor the guts nor the appetites to have sex with a boy in front of my parents.

11. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

are you shure you know all things? If i look back to my own adolescence i clearely can say i didn't let my mom set the rules for my sexual life, and i had my secrets. We had an open minded family atmoshere, but i didn't talk about sexual encounters with my parents though. I can't imagine why it is better to have oral sex underage and then switch over to intercourse?

12. Elaine555

Elaine555 Member

Well, I can only go by what my daughters have told me. I don't spy on them, or try to snoop around to find out things. We have an open relationship.

When my daughters were around 15 they showed an interest in having sex. I explained to them the pregnancy risks. I put them on the pill, but they frequently forgot to take it, and I felt they weren't ready to take the risk. So I asked them to confine to oral sex, and as an incentive told them they could get any boy home and have oral sex, and I wouldn't object, but no intercourse until 18. They said OK and I have no reason not to believe them.

Infact at 16 both my daughters wanted to play the game of blindfolded oral sex with many boys to guess who is who. I understand many teenage girls play that game secretly nowadays. Atleast I knew which boys they played the game with because they did it in my basement. They played that game several times over the years until they lost interest.
    ---

Alonso376 likes this.
  13. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

Wow, trolls and pervs aplenty.

In my crystal ball, ashleylove and Elaine555 both have hairy chests, dicks and probably live alone. They are also probably named Chuck.

I can't believe people fall for this still...

Hykes and Alonso376 like this.
  14. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

HaHa- -very true

15. FLTom

FLTom Member

Elaine is a guy with a vivid imagination. The "family" he describes is the product of that imagination. The decision to bail from the forum is motivated by the fact that he planned a nice long buildup for his fantasy, every day revealing some new prurient detail about his "14 year old son's genitals," and not enough forum members were buying into the game. Silly guys like "Elaine" are all over the internet. It's like a plague.

16. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Thats totally weird. Siblings at that age should not be naked around each other at all. Whether you intend it to or not, mental boundaries will be crossed. Sister/Brother relationships especially are fragile. It sounds quite apparent he is not comfortable with that awkwardness. I cant imagine how he could be.

17. SatanHam

SatanHam Member

let him be.

18. EtherialKay

EtherialKay Member

Clothing was and is optional at my parents now i have my own flat its the same.

19. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I see my mom shower and get dressed at least once a day... I don't care but I would like to not see her getting nudezilla. I however MIGHT have my shirt off but my mom rarely sees me in even my undies.

20. the godfather

the godfather Banned

everyone is diffrent tho, if i was there 14 yo boy i had sisters of that age. i wouldn't ever think of them in a sexual way. so i see no problem =]