Nude with visitors in your home?

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by curious78, Apr 16, 2009.

1. curious78

curious78 Member

Hello, I've just found this great forum. My wife and I are nude most of the time around the house. And will eventually have a house where we can walk around everywhere outside the house naked. Does anyone have that situation? How do you handle friends stopping by? Do they just learn to call ahead if they are not comfortable with it? And join in if they like it? :confused:

2. thelonesomeherb

thelonesomeherb Member

In my opinoin, if our friends showed up and they didnt like the way you were, that would filter out true friends. That accept you for your ways. I would jus be like hey. and if they freaked they would learn to call.

Joe90, JamieBurton, glennmw and 2 others like this.
  3. Gerald

Gerald Member

People soon get to know. Several of my friends and aquaintances have been "into" casual nudity. Generally speaking there is alot of common ground between friends and the chances of someone going over the edge, seeing someone naked, are slight. We had friends who were commonly naked during the day, if circumstances allowed it, slept naked and were naked first thing in the day, and on a hot summer's day would lie in the sun naked. If you were billeted with them, say for a conference, you knew what to expect. Another friend lived in a mixed flat and worked a night shift. He was another guy who slept naked and because his flatmates were away during the afternoon did not initally dress himself and went around naked. His flatmates did know of this situation because of an incident on a Saturday when he appeared in the kitchen without any clothing. There was no issue with this. This did happen to us, when we called around. He was still in bed, and the next thing appeared in the kitchen naked, knowing we were there. His perception was correctly that we would not be offended. We were all young at that stage, and it was in the era where social nudity was considered very fashionable. I can recall another instance where the first mentioned friends organised a trip to a more remote beach, north of Wellington (N.Z.) where the plan was to swim and hang out naked for several hours. Only those who were comfortable with going nude were invited. Gerald.

4. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

I don't live in a house, but in a flat. Though i wouldn't call myself a fulltime nudist, i like to stay naked at home if temperature and my mood tell me. I also go naked on my terrace, only a few neighbours can look onto and they are used to see me this way and don't care. I went naked in the staircase some rare times, flittering to or from a neighbours. Leaving the building i wear clothes.

If friends drop by, i usually don't make a big deal of my nudity and they do so too. If i know or guess they don't feel comfortable i offer to put something on of course. Sometimes tying a pareo cloth round my hips instead of a full clothing is enough to untense the situation. I usally don't have a scheme but decide on their reaction. I don't expect that they call ahead, but i try to get a feeling how they would like it.

I did live together some years with a persistant nudist guy who had the attitude whoever comes visiting us has to stand him naked. To be honest, this did cost me some friendships. So i would advise not to be too dogmatic.

Of course friends may join nudity if they like (equal rights for all!), but there are only a few. It's a funny thing that even friends i spent whole nude holidays with are restrained to get naked at my home.

I i stay at my friend's flat, i usually do only stay naked if i know the friends dropping in like to meet me this way. If i don't know i dress up before, but sometimes i can get off rags later again depending on the visit's course.

Joe90 likes this.
  5. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Friends of mine don't turn up without warning and often I meet at neutral venues like the local pub, so the issue never arises for me. I'd probably cover up as I would not want to embarrass them. I'm prepared to compromise on this one.

NudistTed likes this.
  6. xangelwingsx

xangelwingsx Member

with close friends i often stay nude when they come over, they accept it and are used to it although it gets to be something of a joke amongst my friends.

im not in the habit of doing it around people i dont know well though, and if they are someone who is becoming a close friend, it is usually something which i'll bring up in conversation a few times or even just ask outright "i'm usually naked at home, will that be a problem if you come over?"

7. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

i am a nudist. the majority of those close to me, have seen me naked since i never wear clothing in my home.

8. cambridgebob

cambridgebob Member

Well, I guess we're a little more playful about it. It works for us as long as it's a "complete surprise' and she's "completely naked". We set up a mirror in our laundry room for the mailman, UPS guy, salesman, and who ever comes to the side door! It's funny watching the UPS guy stand there for 5 minutes (watching her) before finally knocking on the door. Ha!!

Marriedbicouple and Joshua Van like this.
  9. BobbyGayBoi

BobbyGayBoi Member

Ronnie and I share our home -- friends know that we are often naked at home and have no problem with it. On occasion one of us may surprise the occasional delivery person, but it is our home.

Hugz
    Bobby

10. ashleylove

ashleylove Member

in my house, we usually either go naked or in a small amount of clothing. and people usually call before they show up. my boyfriend usually just joins in. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Richmeister

Richmeister Member

My wife and I had a home built that allowed us to be nude inside and out. We have a fenced and gated property line that forces visitors to ring for admittance. In addition, there is a sign on our gate informing visitors that they will encounter nudity beyond the gate. For the most part, those troubled will leave, those that are not will be comfortable with our state of undress. Over the three years we have lived here, very few uncomfortable situations.

12. standingseated

standingseated A Back Scrubber

It happens sometimes. Sometimes we're clothed and they get naked. Sometimes we're all naked. It's not considered important.

joker69 likes this.
  13. sun_sime

sun_sime Member

I live alone now but for several years shared with house mates, male and female, all of whom knew I was a naturist and all of them were totally fine with me being naked around them. It was lovely to have that freedom. And to this day when I visit my ex housemate and her girlfriend in Bristol, they are totally fine with me going nude :)

I always stay nude if friends come over or if I have a knock at the door. I am currently looking for a house to buy and told the estate agent that I am a nudist and looking for a private garden. She has arranged for a financial advisor to come over my place tomorrow night and actually told me that he's fine with me being naked while he's there. It's great to receive that sort of attitude to nudity from professionals. Gives one hope in society's acceptance of those of us that like living naked :)

14. meeses

meeses Member

Most are open to casual nudity, I know from experience. Many would love to go nude but won't because they don't accept/like their own bodies and worried that they'll be judged. If they only knew what roams on nude beaches, they wouldn't worry so much. Be yourself and enjoy, life is too short.

15. Rosie55

Rosie55 Member

I'm naked all the time at home, most people that come around don't have a problem with it, a few will join me nude and fewer have a problem with it, if someone is really uncomfortable with me being naked then i may wrap a towel or something around myself.

jason wesley likes this.
  16. meeses

meeses Member

It's ok to respect textiles but they also have to respect nudists. :2thumbsup:

17. Rosie55

Rosie55 Member

and most do, there has only been 3 recently who have had a problem, a workman, and wrapping a sarong around my waist was enough for him, a girl who is a new friend and is still acclimatizing to my nudity and one of my best friends who is a die hard christian and his friendship is more important to me than being naked is, so wearing a towel is no problem for him. Is there no one you cover up for at home?

18. meeses

meeses Member

yes I do, but if i'm criticized for being naked, that's when I tell them to chill out and get real. Or when it's hot and i'm in the pool,someone comes here and bich about me being naked in my own pool, I just tell them to get lost. Lets put it that way, I respect them but I won't be shy letting them know what I stand for.It's worked for me so far. :)

19. Rosie55

Rosie55 Member

well fair enough, glad it works for you, I've never been outright criticized in my home for being nude and to be fair the workman never actually asked me to cover up, but he did seem a lot more at ease after I semi did, for my new friend well I'm increasing her exposure to my nudity constantly so I won't need to cover up at all in front of her for much longer and as for my other friend, well He disproves but has never given me or anyone else a hard time about it, so I really don't mind for him,

20. meeses

meeses Member

Good for you, you will enjoy it better when you won'have to cover up.

akimbo1 likes this.