knife fighting?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#11 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 09:00 AM

Stab, slash, sidestep, cut. Stab, slash, sidestep, cut.

#12 zencoyote

zencoyote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 03:55 PM

Stab, slash, sidestep, cut. Stab, slash, sidestep, cut.

Is that some new dance or something?

Knife fighting? WTF!?!? Look kid...From an old former biker and bodyguard your best defense is to STAY AWAY from fights! I can't tell you how many fools I've seen sent to the ER having been stabbed with their own knives. Besides, if you learn some real self defense you'll find that even a rolled up newspaper can be as effective as a knife.

Oh...and seriously...asking about weapons and fighting is kind of in opposition to what Hip Forums stands for. Don't you think???

Zen
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

-Thomas Jefferson

#13 Deranged

Deranged

Senor Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 03:58 PM

someone once told me: people who pull knives get stabbed. people who pull guns get shot. but i mean...if you're just learning it for fun/martial arts or whatnot i don't see any harm in it. self defense is a good tool to have if you've got the right discipline.

#14 [BDM]Starscream

[BDM]Starscream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 04:01 PM

everything you need to know, PERIOD
http://www.newground...tal/view/239227

#15 Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver

• PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 04:24 PM

fighting is for the weak minded.

Not defending yourself is for subservient people
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 05:08 PM

I think a good old fashioned knife fight could be splendid, if done in a sporting way.

#17 zencoyote

zencoyote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 05:25 PM

Not defending yourself is for subservient people

Agreed...but you can defend yourself without fighting.

Zen
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

-Thomas Jefferson

#18 zencoyote

zencoyote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 05:31 PM

I think a good old fashioned knife fight could be splendid, if done in a sporting way.

Ok sport. You wanna knife fight? Tell ya what. How about you and me? I'll even give you the advantage. You can use my USMC Korean War K-bar and I'll use my walking stick.
You game?????

(WTF a knife fight splendid? where do they find these dumbasses? grumble,grumble)

Zen

-Thomas Jefferson

#19 Deranged

Deranged

Senor Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 07:03 PM

nothin' wrong with pacifism

#20 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted June 07 2009 - 07:20 AM

Ok sport. You wanna knife fight? Tell ya what. How about you and me? I'll even give you the advantage. You can use my USMC Korean War K-bar and I'll use my walking stick.
You game?????

Yes, if it's sporting and splendid.

I.e. No hard stabs, just prods. All slashes should be kept to a light graze. Kind of like two little effeminate boys.