• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 reil dawg

reil dawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted March 31 2009 - 02:26 PM

Does anyone here properly know how to knife fight? I've heard the trick it just to keep slashing, not allowing the other guy to react, but what if he gets a pause, and attacks back? what stance do you assume? do you crouch? Make your self bigger in appearance? how do you hold the knife? how do you defend yourself?

#2 Tor611

Tor611

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 07 2009 - 10:05 AM

i'm trained on knife fighting and can help you out.. although theres only so much you can read on the subject without having personal instruction. The trick isn't to hold the knife like your stabbing someone. Hold it up right and slash. Keep your left foot forward (if your a righty) in a well balanced stance. Keep your right hand with the knife back near your right hip. Use your left hand to deflect his attacks and wait for your chance to strike. Deflect, slash, then get back to your stance. The best offense in a knife fight is a good defense.

#3 Steele

Steele

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted April 07 2009 - 02:04 PM

i dont know much on this subject but i have been in a knife fight (it was for fun not a real knife fight with knives) with one of my friends who is trained and he says to hold a knife with the blade coming out of the part of your hand where your thumb is in your dominant hand( slashing position is what i mean ) and if you hold a second knife in your other hand you keep it in the downward stabbing position so that when you hold your fists out in front of you both knives should face inward.

#4 hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly

the old asshole

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,266 posts

Posted April 07 2009 - 02:13 PM

there are TONS of videos on the web on the subject. as much as i believe the only real way to learn self defense and hand to hand combat is to be trained by a expert,i believe videos will give you a bit more of a grasp of what to do than reading about it will.

#5 Ranger

Ranger

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted April 07 2009 - 02:36 PM

My favorite method is to kick them in the wrist, elbow, head, solar plexus, or nuts and add their knife to my collection. I say this with forty years of experience and martial practice behind me.
Without that I recomend you RUN! That is really the best defence if it's an option open to you.
Walk in Balance...
.Posted Image

#6 dereistic

dereistic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted May 05 2009 - 03:18 PM

or cry, i dont think they would stab a crying guy.

#7 floes

floes

• PipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted May 05 2009 - 09:19 PM

fighting is for the weak minded.
Posted Image

#8 Raskalization

Raskalization

Making plans for Nigel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted May 07 2009 - 06:30 PM

You should try a gun...put it to your head and pull the trigger for starting such a stupid thread.
Posted Image

#9 lostfoxeh

lostfoxeh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted June 05 2009 - 08:16 PM

umm get a bunch of friends with wooden knifes and practice. Once you start beating them constantly go find tough opponents and practice on them. Once you have beat everyone, grab a real knife cut some dude up and goto jail......okay scrap that last part
[SIGPIC]http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138002&dateline=1232001596[/SIGPIC]

#10 Deranged

Deranged

Senor Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted June 05 2009 - 11:34 PM

i'm trained on knife fighting and can help you out.. although theres only so much you can read on the subject without having personal instruction. The trick isn't to hold the knife like your stabbing someone. Hold it up right and slash. Keep your left foot forward (if your a righty) in a well balanced stance. Keep your right hand with the knife back near your right hip. Use your left hand to deflect his attacks and wait for your chance to strike. Deflect, slash, then get back to your stance. The best offense in a knife fight is a good defense.

buddy of mine who's got a black belt in tong so do once told me that you're supposed to hold a knife like you're stabbing someone, holding the blade away from your "opponent." otherwise, he can kick it out of your hand.

there are TONS of videos on the web on the subject. as much as i believe the only real way to learn self defense and hand to hand combat is to be trained by a expert,i believe videos will give you a bit more of a grasp of what to do than reading about it will.

yeah, find a reputable looking video on youtube and learn from that.
  • Logan 5 likes this

#11 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 09:00 AM

Stab, slash, sidestep, cut. Stab, slash, sidestep, cut.

#12 zencoyote

zencoyote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 03:55 PM

Stab, slash, sidestep, cut. Stab, slash, sidestep, cut.

Is that some new dance or something?

Knife fighting? WTF!?!? Look kid...From an old former biker and bodyguard your best defense is to STAY AWAY from fights! I can't tell you how many fools I've seen sent to the ER having been stabbed with their own knives. Besides, if you learn some real self defense you'll find that even a rolled up newspaper can be as effective as a knife.

Oh...and seriously...asking about weapons and fighting is kind of in opposition to what Hip Forums stands for. Don't you think???

Zen
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

-Thomas Jefferson

#13 Deranged

Deranged

Senor Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 03:58 PM

someone once told me: people who pull knives get stabbed. people who pull guns get shot. but i mean...if you're just learning it for fun/martial arts or whatnot i don't see any harm in it. self defense is a good tool to have if you've got the right discipline.

#14 [BDM]Starscream

[BDM]Starscream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 04:01 PM

everything you need to know, PERIOD
http://www.newground...tal/view/239227

#15 Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver

• PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 04:24 PM

fighting is for the weak minded.

Not defending yourself is for subservient people
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 05:08 PM

I think a good old fashioned knife fight could be splendid, if done in a sporting way.

#17 zencoyote

zencoyote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 05:25 PM

Not defending yourself is for subservient people

Agreed...but you can defend yourself without fighting.

Zen
Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

-Thomas Jefferson

#18 zencoyote

zencoyote

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 05:31 PM

I think a good old fashioned knife fight could be splendid, if done in a sporting way.

Ok sport. You wanna knife fight? Tell ya what. How about you and me? I'll even give you the advantage. You can use my USMC Korean War K-bar and I'll use my walking stick.
You game?????

(WTF a knife fight splendid? where do they find these dumbasses? grumble,grumble)

Zen

-Thomas Jefferson

#19 Deranged

Deranged

Senor Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted June 06 2009 - 07:03 PM

nothin' wrong with pacifism

#20 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted June 07 2009 - 07:20 AM

Ok sport. You wanna knife fight? Tell ya what. How about you and me? I'll even give you the advantage. You can use my USMC Korean War K-bar and I'll use my walking stick.
You game?????

Yes, if it's sporting and splendid.

I.e. No hard stabs, just prods. All slashes should be kept to a light graze. Kind of like two little effeminate boys.

Click to shop at Zamnesia