How big and what does 50 mg look like???

Discussion in 'DMT' started by jackstraw11, Mar 22, 2009.

1. jackstraw11

jackstraw11 Member

I don't have a scale that can measure that and I'd like to be fairly precise. Can anyone shed some light? Is it about a cubic centimeter? About the size of a normal green pea?
    Thank you!

2. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

I don't know, but I eyeball it by dipping a key into the bag and getting a little bump. sometimes ill put two

3. jackstraw11

jackstraw11 Member

yikes - can you be more accurate? the difference between one bump and two can be considerable...
    can anyone shed light? i need to be pretty specific in the amount, dig?

4. IDL

IDL Banned

you need a scale.

5. jackstraw11

jackstraw11 Member

well, my friend would rather not drop the ducats if she can just find out about how big it'd be...

6. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

DMT density varies a lot. Some is really fluffy, some is more powdery...so it's hard to tell unless you weigh some from the batch you have.

Some people will say it's reckless to give this advice...so I won't give it as advice...but, I was told to just take three big hits. The main issue is having too little IMO. I bet you'll chicken out the first time and take too little because you'll feel pretty funky after one hit if it works right. (Not you in particular, but I know I did...I first tried without a scale and always took too little.)

The main reason to use a scale is so you don't freak out because you assume you took way too much when it hits you. For me it's mostly a piece of mind thing. If you weigh it, you can just keep thinking...my job it so finish this bowl...smoke until there is not more smoke.

Some people have said about the amount to cover a dime, about the thickness of a dime...but like I said density varies. That could probably come out to anything between 25 to 100mg.

(If you use the same pipe each time, there's probably going to be some left in (unless you keep trying to vaporize it until there's absolutely nothing)...so even if you do weigh it out, after using the pipe a few times, there's probably more than you think in there.)

7. Funkateer

Funkateer To swing on the spiral

not knowing how to handle your sacrament=not being ready... IMHO

8. jackstraw11

jackstraw11 Member

my friend doesn't plan on smoking it, ya dig? so she needs to be pretty accurate...but scales that accurate are crazy expensive...

9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Here's one for under 30 bucks. You just need a credit card.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10515

You should not be fucking around with this stuff without a scale. If you die or some shit the drug you are doing will just get more police attention, more media attention, and everyone else who uses it will get hurt.

You're hurting more than just your own body here.

10. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

If you are IMing or IVing or whatever....you're crazy not to get an accurate scale. (I'd say your crazy anyway, but I'm afraid of needles.)

11. HomeGrownIdeas

HomeGrownIdeas Member

Ebay a diamond/ruby mg scale. Very cheap. Everyone needs a mg scale for this stuff it's insane to even think about eye-balling this shit. 20mg of DMT is nothing close to 40mg of DMT, but they do look similar. So of course, don't try to eye it out if you aren't smoking it. Also, if this shit is home made, and you are going to IV it, you better make sure you don't have any Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) fragments or residue in it.

12. Topher D.

Topher D. Senior Member

If you're not smoking it, then what the fuck are you doing with it?

Shooting something up that you obviously dont know much about is prolly a bad idea. and as homegrown said, its easy to have lye in your homemade product, and even some commercial products.