Uranium + Western Australia = Death

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by LuisBlohkin, Mar 17, 2009.

1. LuisBlohkin

LuisBlohkin Member

In Western Australia The Australian Government is Contemplating mining of Uranium in the centre of WA hundreds of thousands of people are fighting this choce but rumor has it that they are going along with it.

give me your ideas and help so that ican contact the Western Australian Government and talk to them about this curse.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

we are fighting the newly proposed uranium mine here ...its only 50 kilometres away from me...i will ask what our info scource is and forward it to you...my oldest kid is involved with the group fighting...poison wells abound near these mines ....people are flipping out in our town...this area is farm and cottage country...I have 100 lakes within 50 K circle of my house..we have been called ''nimby's''...=not in my back=yard..............fuckin capitalists...they will use the economic slowdown to dangle jobs and push it through

3. mmg

mmg fish out of water

uranium rules! i smoke that shit.

i buy it from THE USA, lvl 3000 wizard.

4. LuisBlohkin

LuisBlohkin Member

Not when it is ruining the lives of young children and puttin men and womens farms and lives at risk something must be done to stop this sudden destruction of western australia. I feel for Roll you familyand lively hood is at risk as well.

5. ThreeEyedChild

ThreeEyedChild Member

there is NO safe way of disposing of nuclear waste!

6. LuisBlohkin

LuisBlohkin Member

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

8. LuisBlohkin

LuisBlohkin Member

I will and thank you.

9. bbong

bbong Member

Where abouts in Western Australia, is this happening :confused:

10. LuisBlohkin

LuisBlohkin Member

11. ThreeEyedChild

ThreeEyedChild Member

I'm right with you on this. Nuclear Energy should be used as a last resort ONLY.

12. LuisBlohkin

LuisBlohkin Member

Imagine the same thnig happened in aust like in schenoebel

KABOOM MELTY MELTY!

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

mining uranium isnt nuclear it has to be smelted and centrifuged.. It is then it becomes usable nuclear material. Used to create energy, and it seem like putting people to work to mining the stuff.

Australia has the world's largest uranium reserves - 24 percent of the planet's known reserves. while Canada is the largest exporter of uranium ore..

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Chernobyl,
    nuclear accident are very rare. human are more likely now to be killed during wind generator construction. :D should be able to google a few deaths related to that..
    Automobiles kill 10's of thousands of people. They even die while building cars.
    Cars kill animals and powerlines kills birds.. blah blah blah ..
    think, nuclear energy isnt nearly as responsible for deaths on the planet earth mmmmmmks.. :rolleyes:

15. LuisBlohkin

LuisBlohkin Member

thats how you spell it
    They are rare but they can happen

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I lived a few blocks from pickering nuke plant for years...had to sign a form to give permission ahead of time to treat my kids in case of an accident..also where to pick them up 100 kilometres away in a safe zone

17. LuisBlohkin

LuisBlohkin Member

Fuck that

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

its probable difficult to protest nuclear stuff now that 9/11 has made all the nuke plants terrorist targets.. Id be careful anywhere near them, they could lock you up in the name of homeland security, but I dont know how that would go over in Aussie..

19. LuisBlohkin

LuisBlohkin Member

We havent many problems like that i know of, so we probably have a fighting chance when it comes to protesting.

20. shiva_master

shiva_master Member

There is already enough DU pollution already. In this respect. Australia is more than likely just going to sell it off. Especially to America. There is a high demand for nuclear energy in Europe and the Americas.

This action by the Australian government cannot be good IMO. If it was anywhere near my neighborhood I for sure would be acting against it. I do not live there, but as far as my opinion counts...I wish the best on behalf on your efforts.

Possibly enough petitions gathered and sent first by a local level then work it's way up could hinder the process.///