Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Feel Good Feminism' started by mystik_lilac, Mar 12, 2009.

1. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Welcome! Tell a little about yourself...

2. thehippie_08

thehippie_08 that girl

the name's lizzie.
    i'm 18.
    from algonac, this podunk little town along the east side of the thumb in michigan.
    it sucks.

i was originally introduced to feminism by my older sister who lent me one of her germaine greer books when i was 15, i loved it.

but i think that's enough about me, i seriously hate talking about myself. lolz.
    i think this is a neat addition to the forums though, kudos. =]

3. mystik_lilac

Thanks! I think it is wonderful that you were introduced at an earlier age. Hope you come to enjoy this forum and find it entertaining and informative =)
    Peace,
    Lilac

4. starrymazed

starrymazed Member

Hello! Let's see...

My name is Nicole
    I am a woman first
    and mother of two crazy, wonderful kiddies :)

I have been happily married for six and a half years,
    and I am absolutely a feminist!!

Peace & love-

starrymazed

5. mystik_lilac

Hi!
    Glad to see you here. I'm still working on some kinks. I do most of my forum usage on my phone. So be patient while I get things into a routine here. I'm very excited about this forum and have some great ideas.
    Lilac

6. caliente

caliente Senior Member

Nice to see this forum :)

I'm Carole. I've always believed that Feminism is something you do. I'm also very grateful that we've come as far as we have ... my daughters won't have to face many of the attitudes and barriers that I faced, or my mother and grandmother faced.

I'll be happy when the day comes when we put ourselves out of business, and there won't be a need for Feminism anymore. There will just be Humanism.

1 person likes this.
  7. MunaJadida

MunaJadida Member

I'm Mandy. I'm 25, married to my soulmate, mom to an amazing little boy, and hoping for a baby this year. I have considered myself a serious feminist for a couple of years now. It's been a complete 180 from the conservative Baptist attitude I grew up with. I consider myself to be a humanist, feminist, pro-family, minarchist, pro-life, Pagan hippie chick!

8. Natures Love Child

Natures Love Child Member

Miranda. 19

Always though women deserve equality, never really started expressing it (or myself) until I was 18. Worried too much about what people thought of me. Don't care anymore. Living life happy and free.

9. laurenq

laurenq Member

Hi, I'm Lauren. I go to an all girls high school and I am a feminist that's just working/looking for equality.

10. Gniknus

Gniknus Member

Jessica, 14.
    We can do it! The hands that rock the cradle rule the world. So why should we give all the credit to all the men for being great, their mothers made them great. Then again, mothers make their children crazy too, scoffs* Hitler.

11. Penny_inthesky

Penny_inthesky Member

B. Joan, 15

Feminist since my mom introduced me to it, love Simone de Beauvoir's books and think that not enough credit is given to ladies in music, like Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, Janis Joplin, Grace Slicy, etc...that's why I wanna be a musician and an activist, i want to change things!

12. ellen211

ellen211 Member

hello everyone really nice to see this forum
    i am ellen and married for 2 months .................and i believe that our struggle today is not to have a female Einstein get appointed as an assistant professor it is for a woman schlemiel to get as quickly promoted as a male schlemiel ..............really looking forward to this forum

13. vita S

vita S Guest

Hi there.

I'm Vita. I have been a radical feminist for a long time and I have been an activist for a lot of that time..including in relation to clause/section 28

14. peace&love72

peace&love72 Member

Hello. I'm Tanya, 36, married for 14 years, no kids. I was brought up in a family where women were strong and took charge of thier own lives, so I guess I've always been a feminist. I always believed that a woman could do anything she sets her heart and mind to do. I'm living proof.

15. Dancing_Sun

Dancing_Sun Member

Hey I'm Kimberly 25yrs of age. My partner and I bought a house in the middle of no where to start a self-sustainable lifestyle. not sef-sustainable yet but getting there. To be honest I never thought of myself as a feminist, just in the meaning that I never put myself in any catagory. I know I am just as I am many things and just never put myself in any catagory. I am looking forward to writing with all of you on this forum.
    peace.love.light

16. Jassieee

Jassieee Member

My name is Jasmine, I am 16!
    I believe in equality, which I don't seem to get. I also believe I should not be singled out due to my shaved head, men can do it. Right?

17. alyssalovestheworld

alyssalovestheworld Member

Alyssa, 14.
    I'm not sure i would call myself a feminist. I'm not sure i would call myself anything really. Except Alyssa.
    What get's me though is how some feminists are spreading the idea that women should be or are supperior to men.
    I think women should be treated just as equally as men. Not better, not worse. Maybe that makes me a feminist, maybe it doesn't.

18. Hippie_Gabi_584

Hippie_Gabi_584 Member

Gabi, 16.
    I am a feminist. I believe anything a man can do, I can do (with a few exceptions of the whole genital areas). If a man can drink a bottle of whiskey, I can drink two. If a man can smoke two packs a day, I can smoke four. If a man can fight four people, I can fight eight. This is what I believe.

19. Ol'Rippe_21

Ol'Rippe_21 Member

Hey there! :) Addie's the name. I'm 19. I believe that women should be treated equally. I get a little mad when there are men with the attitude that women aren't equal and that all they are good for are cooking and cleaning. I am my own person and a strong woman and I can do whatever men can.... maybe even better. :) I definitely have feminism in me. :p

20. Opinionated

Opinionated Member

I'm sunny and i'm glad i found this forum because i was having a little bit of a femminist tizzy earlier today. now i've got a place to express my frustration. =) I'm 16 and i believe that a woman can do whatever she wants. and if she wants to stay home, have kids, be a housewife...then more power to her! =)