Baclofen -- any recreational value?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by surfcolorado9, Mar 2, 2009.

1. surfcolorado9

surfcolorado9 Member

It is a derivative of the natural chemical in humans GABA, and isprimarily used to treat spasicity / anxiety, and as a muscle relaxant.
    It is also an agonist to the GABA-B receptors.

Since it effects the GABA receptors, i'm thinking it may have some recreational value, although i dont know how much.

unfortunately erowid has nothing on it.

and experiences / info would be great, thanks!

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

the first time I took FINS, they had me rubber band man..
    the next time not so much.. no euphoria, just rubber feeling..
    imo, it was alright..

3. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

how do u feel like rubber?

4. surfcolorado9

surfcolorado9 Member

WEll, i just tried a low dose of baclofen; 10mg. very very low dose for recreational use. anyway, the results were mainly a general decease in anxiety, and a general improvement in mood. I would compare to a low dose of alprazolam, around .25-.5mg.

just like a chill pill in that dose

5. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

really shouldnt do drugs if u dont know about them

try erowid.org

6. surfcolorado9

surfcolorado9 Member

i have a strong interest in pharmachology, i make it my buisiness to understand every substance and how it effects one's body. Likewise, i do not know everything, so i am constantly trying to enhance my knowledge with more information. so i would say i know my stuff pretty well.

also, im a huge druggy. of course im gonna use whatever substance i got

--i might add that on top of being a druggy / amature pharmacist, i am a captian of a hockey team, highly paid lifeguard, award winning photographer, and A student in all honors or AP.

i can totally handle the druggg lifestyle. and i love it so much too. =]

happy exploring.

7. surfcolorado9

surfcolorado9 Member

erowid has nothhing for baclofen, and i already contacted them. =]

for some reason baclofen was prescribed to me for off label treatment of ADHD.. i dont understand why.. but w.e. ill keep it.

8. luciano

luciano Member

Worst thing in the whole world. I had a regular dose (1 pill) than another later on as prescribed...I felt drunk as fuck, a bit euphoric in a strange alcohol kind of way and went to sleep. The next morning I threw up like hell for an hr or two and my friends tried it and took more than me but the next morning none managed to NOT throw up....horrible shit.
    I only got it b/c Soma isn't prescribed anymore in Canada. Soma is better by 100x.

9. chainfire4126

chainfire4126 Guest

I haveread, of course on the internet, and not everything you read on the internet is true, but I have nonetheless read, that Baclofen is an Analouge of a popular drug GHB.
    Erowid info:
    http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_GHB.shtml#Mystical_Experiences
    don't know if I can post the website, and apologize for any infraction that I may have commited in doing so.
    Anyways, this GHB sounds really good, but from what I have read, it seems that a lot of people combine it with other drugs. I am about to undertake on a quest of my own, will MAYBE post later to alert on the side effects.

10. 1r0n_0x1d3

1r0n_0x1d3 Member

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01749319?term=baclofen&rank=3

The primary objective of this study is to characterize baclofen pharmacokinetics following oral and intravenous administration in patients who are on chronic oral baclofen therapy. The secondary objective is to determine the safety profile of an IV baclofen formulation

11. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

it absolutely dose have recreational value. careful tho it can be very sedating, be careful with your dose.

12. gabbyabby

gabbyabby Members

I took 25, 10mg baclofen pills and fell asleep right away the night I took them. When I awoke the next morning (5 hours after my alarm) I was dizzy, tingly, and all around nauseous when I stood up. Grabbed a glass of water, drank it and within minutes I was puking it all up. The dizziness and tingling lasted all day. When I went to sleep that night, I was in and out a few times and fell into a lucid dream..the dreaming was the best part. Overall not a good experience using baclofen for recreation. But the dreaming was pretty sweet. Been trying to experience similar again but haven't had any luck.