gum tissue graft and smoking

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Icktongo1, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

So yesterday I had tissue graft surgery on my gums on my two bottom front teeth yesterday, and i'm not supposed to move my lower lip for two weeks, and not supposed to suck through a straw or anything, and i'm pretty sure not smoke. Anyone else have this kind of surgery? Yall think I could smoke a couple puffs and be alright, I mean, I can hit my piece without sucking with my lip and all, but idk, i'm naturally extra careful about things, and i'm just making sure it'd be alright. Anyone have a clue on what to do? Should I go ahead and take a few puffs or should I just go ahead and wait it out until my gums have healed up a bit? I'm not going to be smoking every night I just want to do it tonight since I got the last of my stash here and its only half a bowl, and then i'll do the waiting since i won't have anymore afterwords.

2. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

if they said no sucking or smoking, then don't. you don't want to fuck up anything someone has already done in your mouth, ever.

3. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

true, true, you're probably right. They never told me not to smoke, they just told me not to bite into anything except with my back teeth and not to suck through straws... I think the smoke and heat might irritate it, but maybe I could manage a hit through my nose haha.

4. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

i guess you could do that, but idk.

there was a kid who went to my school who tried to do that as seen on tv breathing fire bullshit and burnt the fuck out of the inside of his mouth. after his surgeries, it was pretty much no sucking, no biting, no grinding teeth etc etc so he got high anyways and apparently got hungry and ate something he shouldn't have been and got totally fucked, but idk the whole story. its just what i heard.

so i guess the answer to your question is yeah smoke.. but use some common fuckin' sense. lol.

5. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

haha, I think I might actually do it tonight since there is a guard on it that is supposed to fall off sometime on its own and if I am gonna smoke I should probably do it before it falls off in the next day or so. I had gum recession from a piercing I had last year so they put some new tissue there to help it grow back up, so it prolly wouldn't be as bad as the kid at your school, that must have sucked.

6. neim

neim Member

don't know what you're waiting for.

7. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

no, you're not supposed to smoke after oral surgery of any type for at least a week...it can dry out and irritate where the work was done, and possibly lead to infection....
    dont risk it

8. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Dont know about pure weed smoke but tobacco is like an antiseptic thats why ya get a sore throat when you stop smoking coz the germs and nasties aint being killed off by the smoke anymore and breed like mad.

9. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

10. neim

neim Member

two weeks isn't a long time

11. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

Dude, sorry you can't smoke. You can get particles in your gums that can cause infection. No Smoking. I would suggest it's time for you to learn how to bake and or cook using weed. Only way you are going to get high for the next two weeks.

12. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

get a friend, and have them help you. grab a bong, have them hit it, and you inhale through your nose. don't risk suction, and if you can smoke without moving your lip then you must be made of magic.

13. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

I took one single hit with my nose through my bubbler, but that wasn't too great so I didn't smoke anymore. I figure, hey, I smoked every day before the surgery, a week or two will put my tolerence down a bit so i'll get pretty baked. Until then though I might do a cold water on a few of these tylenol 3's from my script and that'll probably tide me over haha.

Thank you everyone for your input =)

14. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

grr, surgery sucks. next month I have to get my jaw broken, and titanium plates attached to my lower jaw bone which will be pushed forwards.

15. Icktongo1

Icktongo1 Senior Member

Damn dude, that really sucks. If I would have had that my piercing much longer it would have sped up the already done damage, and I might have had to have jaw restructuring surgery because my gums would have receeded so much that it would have effected the bone in my jaw or something to that extent. I feel for ya man and I hope everything goes well with it.

edit: on a side note oral surgery is a BITCH. I had to be awake the whole time, and honetly it hardly hurt that much, but it was after that it was so horrible. I thought I wouldn't really need the pain meds(although I was going to take them and/or save them anyways) and so I get home after it and i'm thinkin you know this isn't so bad, 5 mins later my mom goes to get my script, 20 minutes later my brother gets home, 2 minutes after that the numbing stuff starts going away and within 5 minutes after that I was on the floor screaming it hurt so fucking bad, I kept calling my mom to get me my meds asap or if I could take some of her remaining vicodin from her knee surgery, but she wouldn't pick up, my bro was like damn dude, so after about 45 minutes and around 30 calls to my mom, my bro calls my dad and he says to take some of my moms vics which of course I couldn't find and he didn't know where they were, then 30 minutes later my mom finally gets home and she had forgot her phone at work, and I said i don't want tylenol 3 I want vicodin give me vicodin now so I downed 2 of though, and in 45 minutes I felt better. All I got to say is that was the most painful pain i've ever been in and it took me so much by suprise. I had a hernia surgery before and the pain was nothing, NOTHING, in comparison to the pain I encounter this past wensday. I know a lot of you have probably been in tons more pain, but this totally sucked for me. it was like 2 hours of pure torcher

16. De andrade

De andrade Members

After a gum graft surgery it is best if you don't smoke till the time your gums fully heal. Smoking after a gum graft surgery can cause damage to your gums. It would be best if you keep yourself away from smoking after undergoing a gum grafting surgery.

17. JeanetteBlanchette

JeanetteBlanchette Members

Well, smoking is the main reason of your problem. I actually suffered from the above situation. I had my stitches removed one week after the surgery, and the area observed almost totally back to regular. I always upgrade my drugs.